Juventus to Sacrifice Trezeguet (3 Viewers)

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
......I can't believe you all still love him after he missed that crucial penalty in CL final...God I hate him much more after that:groan:

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
......I can't believe you all still love him after he missed that crucial penalty in CL final...God I hate him much more after that:groan:
I really can't understand why some people only judge Trezeguet because of one match!!!!!!

Yes, it wasn't his match and his penalty was crap, but there were other player, who were also crap.

Trezeguet scores many important goals for Juve and he is an excellent striker! Perhaps he can't create many chances, but it is important to score!!!

Juve have to keep him!!!!!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
David Trezeguet is a very good goalscorer, no-one can deny that, but personally I'd like to see a more mobile striker partnering Del Piero in the Juve line-up. That's how I feel.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
stuart my man i agree with everything you've said in this thread and imo having an unpredictable and creative forward to partner del piero will be for the good of our offence in general.

for those who think what juve need is a pure goalscorer,you've never really had the chance to see what del piero can do with another adventurous forward now have you?besides,it has worked for many of the world's best clubs.

another thing many overlook is that while goalscorers do possess great finishing qualities(like trez) and a considerable amount of mobility(also like trez),he does not neccessarily have to run around the six yard box aimlessly(like trez) or pass the ball away whenever he gets outside the area with the unpredictability of a brick(also like trez).

would you not call players like ronaldo, adriano, henry,ibrahimovic or van nistelrooy goalscorers?yet there is always an aura of mystery and unpredictability around them and when that aura is coupled with unimaginable trickery and almost unmatched ability, you get what every decent club needs and wants.

trez is but a lump of iron.shiny and resilient,yes,but limited in it's use.add a couple of extra elements,and you get a stronger,more versatile alloy.iron's fine for a toy plane,but my ambition for juve is to make a real fighter jet capable of blowing other ones to pieces.

Aug 1, 2003
paah. i disagree having the likes of RVN or henry or those who create chances and score em. great players I can't deny. we have birindelli del piero nedved miccoli (?) maresca zambrotta or maybe even thuram to try create stuff for us. trez is exactly what we need. someone in there to score all those goals. feed the ball in and he scores it. simple.

more balanced that way, I think. well, just my opinion :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
real have the raul and ronaldo,two unpredictable forwards of top calibre,and also a midfield with the talents of beckham,figo,and zidane to boast of.not to mention roberto carlos and guti.can't say it hasn't worked out for them.same case with barcelona(never mind their form).even the juve team of 95'+.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@sallyinzaghi: You're being completely biassed here. The only creative players that Juve possess at the moment are Del Piero, Maresca, Miccoli, Davids and Nedved. DP and Micco never play together, and the same can be said about Maresca and Davids, so what it means is that at a time, we only have three creative players on the field. This is not enough to support Trezeguet. He's too static and we can't rely on Nedved and Del Piero to be brilliant every single game. With RVN, Henry or Ronaldo in Trezeguet's place, the pressure on the backs of Nedved and Del Piero would be eased considerably and I daresay that they would find more space and thus give a better account of themselves. We all know how dangerous Neddy and ADP can be when given space and Trezeguet seldomly makes space for his teammates since he's pretty much stationary all the time.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
yeah, well i think we should sell him only if:

1. we make big money- ie a lot more than the 17 mill we payed for his services

2. we can replace him adequately. this is the hard part. since none of the big teams wanna let go of their forwards. not rvn, not henry, not ronaldo.

the only teams willing to sell are mid-table, who could use the money. so until and unless we have someone who can replace him- he's not going anywhere.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Henry is the type of player that would be better than Trezeguet, but it will be almost impossible to get him. Real Madrid want him as their fifth galáctico, and theyre starting to make stuff to get LOTS of money so they can buy him.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Have you ever seen DP play alongside a player who likes to roam? No, Del Piero has never been given the chance to do that at Juve, and I personally think that it would be good for him. If Alex was paired with say Henry, the two could take turns in roaming, so that one forward is in a support position and the other in a goalscoring position at all times. DP may not be built for the out-and-out striker role like Trezeguet is, but in reality he can play in a more advanced role with efficiency. When Trez was subbed in the 3-1 win against Real last season, DP played upfront by himself, and did well. Being almost complete opposites, DP and Trez make a good partnership, but can you deny that an Alex-Henry duo or an Alex-Ron tandem would be far more unpredictable, far more creative, and far more explosive than an Alex-DT strike force? I can't.

I personally think Alex type of players much better suit when patnering a static solid striker. Alex is at best when roam around and comes into the box from deep. If his partner is also a roaming striker,.. that will limits DP chance to roams .... and i dont think very highly of your concept of taking turn to roams... That will bring a very unclear shape on the formation and its not very Italian... Italian plays constructive football where every knows what they have to do.

Alex-Ron or Alex-Henry pasrtnership seem somewhat identical. It seem very interesting on paper, but it will never work on the pitch. Thats the reason why Lippi never tries Alex- Miccoli... IMO..if Lippi ever bring Ronaldo, Henry, Owen type of striker it will be to replace Alex..not to partner him ..;)

Now as you have mention it, I never seen a lot of such partnership around.. the only famous case we can study is the Raul-Ronaldo partnership. I dunno about you guys, but as far as i can remember, Raul seem more powerful when he partner Morientes.. with Ronaldo, he became very quiet and taking the back seat.... but in a squad like that you could hardly notice..

there are also Henry-Bergkamp which i honestly cannot say very much about.. they hardly plays together and there are times where Bergkamp has to play in other positions just to accomodate Henry....

There are also Rivaldo- Ronaldo....although its actually a trident with Ronaldinho in the Brazillian NT..but like they have any choice as they are after all a team filled with Brazillians ....

so my point is the thing that you all suggesting is all just experimental while Alex-DT is already tried and tested.. I understand if there is a two succesful way to succed, you all want the more explosive ones... but for me if we already got one way to succed , we better stick to it. No need to risk it just to bring something explosive but still bring the same effect...

You all have been fans of JUventus for soo long... but i dont get it why you guys still laments about the lack of explosiveness and all.. you know Juventus and Serie A for that matter is no entertainer... our policy is always just to get what we want..

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

Alex-Ron or Alex-Henry pasrtnership seem somewhat identical. It seem very interesting on paper, but it will never work on the pitch. Thats the reason why Lippi never tries Alex- Miccoli... IMO..if Lippi ever bring Ronaldo, Henry, Owen type of striker it will be to replace Alex..not to partner him ..;)
i disagree that the reason lippi doesn't play alex and miccoli together. they are both forwards, while ronaldo, henry etc. are strikers. henry-alex would not work cause henry doesn't fit italian football, while del piero-ronaldo link might work very well, imo. but hopefully we'll never get to know.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

i disagree that the reason lippi doesn't play alex and miccoli together. they are both forwards, while ronaldo, henry etc. are strikers. henry-alex would not work cause henry doesn't fit italian football, while del piero-ronaldo link might work very well, imo. but hopefully we'll never get to know.
i brought Miccoli as an nearest example as his style of play is kinda similar to Henry , Ronaldo and Owen.. beside when he was at Perugia he played a more advanced role.. kinda ala Martins. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)