Juventus to Sacrifice Trezeguet (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

I personally think Alex type of players much better suit when patnering a static solid striker. Alex is at best when roam around and comes into the box from deep. If his partner is also a roaming striker,.. that will limits DP chance to roams .... and i dont think very highly of your concept of taking turn to roams... That will bring a very unclear shape on the formation and its not very Italian... Italian plays constructive football where every knows what they have to do.

Alex-Ron or Alex-Henry pasrtnership seem somewhat identical. It seem very interesting on paper, but it will never work on the pitch. Thats the reason why Lippi never tries Alex- Miccoli... IMO..if Lippi ever bring Ronaldo, Henry, Owen type of striker it will be to replace Alex..not to partner him ..;)

Now as you have mention it, I never seen a lot of such partnership around.. the only famous case we can study is the Raul-Ronaldo partnership. I dunno about you guys, but as far as i can remember, Raul seem more powerful when he partner Morientes.. with Ronaldo, he became very quiet and taking the back seat.... but in a squad like that you could hardly notice..

there are also Henry-Bergkamp which i honestly cannot say very much about.. they hardly plays together and there are times where Bergkamp has to play in other positions just to accomodate Henry....

There are also Rivaldo- Ronaldo....although its actually a trident with Ronaldinho in the Brazillian NT..but like they have any choice as they are after all a team filled with Brazillians ....

so my point is the thing that you all suggesting is all just experimental while Alex-DT is already tried and tested.. I understand if there is a two succesful way to succed, you all want the more explosive ones... but for me if we already got one way to succed , we better stick to it. No need to risk it just to bring something explosive but still bring the same effect...

You all have been fans of JUventus for soo long... but i dont get it why you guys still laments about the lack of explosiveness and all.. you know Juventus and Serie A for that matter is no entertainer... our policy is always just to get what we want..
You may be right, but I still maintain that a DP-Ron partnership would be way better than a DP-DT partnership.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
u have a point there stu, i didnt look at it that way, but like aressandro stated i think dp partners well with a static striker. however its worth a shot to see how dp could partner up with a more.. exploring striker, we could try him out with miccoli more often as miccoli likes to explore a bit himself , but if i remember correctly dp-miccoli didnt work too well, or maybe they haven't partnered each other, I just cant remember

Jul 28, 2002
oh cum on....two dwarfs upfront will not be any good, aerial threat = 0.

Dp/miccoli work well with a static striker, but possibly a big man that is mobile also....rvn esque player. But they need aerial ability.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
u have a point there stu, i didnt look at it that way, but like aressandro stated i think dp partners well with a static striker. however its worth a shot to see how dp could partner up with a more.. exploring striker, we could try him out with miccoli more often as miccoli likes to explore a bit himself , but if i remember correctly dp-miccoli didnt work too well, or maybe they haven't partnered each other, I just cant remember
As John said, DP-Micco won't work because they are both very short, so we'd need to find someone a bit taller than Fabrizio and a bit more strikerish than him too. Partnering DP with someone similar to him, like Miccoli, won't work too well, but Henry and Ronaldo and RVN who are strikers, but still like to explore as you say, would work well with Alex IMO.

As I've said before, DP and his partner would have to take turns roaming and dropping deeper because if they both go on a walk at the same time there'll be no target man to aim for.

Jul 28, 2002
then we would have tevez miccoli and DP who are in the mold of support strikers, i dont see tevez as a big aerial threat, from what ive seen.

Jul 28, 2002
but pippo was more of a scrounger and a fox in the box.Henry is a maestro and not a goal poacher like pippo, pippo n dp worked cos pippo finished off the moves dp created, includeing headers, henry has scored 2 header in his whole arsenal career, plus he's never on the end of them anyway.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
paah. i disagree having the likes of RVN or henry or those who create chances and score em. great players I can't deny. we have birindelli del piero nedved miccoli (?) maresca zambrotta or maybe even thuram to try create stuff for us. trez is exactly what we need. someone in there to score all those goals. feed the ball in and he scores it. simple.

more balanced that way, I think. well, just my opinion :)
Since when has RVN been a striker that creates and scores
of course he scores but he doesnt create

Jul 28, 2002
come on an arsenal fan must watch the epl, u must see that RVn does create. Imo rvn is class, may not create as much as henry, but for a primary striker,he does creat a few goals, but i dont hink he should wear the number 10 cos he is a 9.

Jul 12, 2002
Comparing RVN and Henry is foolish. They are each as good as each other, but in different ways. They both create and they both finish, but differently. RVN is bigger and heads better, but Henry is faster and serves the ball better. I think the point is that they are both superior to Trezeguet.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
and both players we probably wont get. we shouldnt even be looking at henry honestly.
I think that the comparison has to be made to get an idea of where we need to go to get a great attack. A great attack needs a great striker, and Trez is not that.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
there is a chance,albeit a pretty slim one,that arsenal would give us henry for trezeguet and about 25m.arsene's been eyeing him for some time now.

however i doubt henry would want to return to juve.:undecide:

Aug 1, 2003
thats what im saying- del piero creates and trez scores. its more balanced than dp partnering with someone who could explore as much as him- I dont know, maybe communication problems on the pitch as who is to finish off and who should create would occur on the pitch :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)