Juventus to Sacrifice Trezeguet (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++

Well I think that there are many strikers who are better than Inzaghi
so if what your gonna say is that because he made the name Inzaghi to dissapear he is so great you are wrong.
and about your theory abut 20 year old well Adriano could have done Trezeguet`s job and even make Trez`s name forgotten
So if Cavenaghi is as good as you all saying he is he can make it too
By the way Trez didn`t single handedly won a scudetto I think that that is more to the credit of DP Davids and Nedved despite Nedved`s poor start at the beginning of his first year with Juve!

Yes Trez is great at scoring but that is the only thing he knows he just stand there like a log and waits for the ball to come to him
Wouldn`t you like to see a striker that can move more dribble and even create chances?
someone more like the lively Van Nistelrooy than the sleeping boring Trez?

ok..firstly... i think Serie A as the toughest league in the world...so any professional footballer who top score, top assist, top tackle in a match or top in anything, i rate as GREAT in what they do.... for the many Juve fans who are either new or have short memory out there, David Trezeguet was Serie A joint top scorer in our scudetto winning 2001/2002 season.

secondly i can understand if anyone would give credit to the ever popular Del Piero, Davids and Nedved.. but why take away the credit from the league top scorer... i admit i exxegerate a bit when i said he single handedly won the scudetto... i came to that impression becoz his name came out in almost every matches scoreline.. he won us matches...he made the difference.. even that still not good enuff in your eyes....?

third... i myself is not a total fan of Fillippo Inzaghi way of play but i have to admit he is still one of the best in what he does.. he scores a lot of goals for us.. win us scuddettos and all... even untill now i still remember him more in black and white. red still looks awkyward in him..he had tremendous records and i expect a more respect especially from a Juve fan... and it would take some foreing striker in Trezeguet to push an household Italian NT striker away from an Italian club...

it still baffles me why people compares trezeguet with the likes of Ronaldo and Henry.. they have tottly different tactical approach to trezeguet.. or even to Crespo or Vieri for that matter... there are the group of Del Piero, Cassano, C. Lopez..... Ronaldo, Henry, Martins, Owen.... Vieri, Crespo, trezeguet... ......... .... ....Inzaghi...

to change to other type of strikers means that we have to change our mindset and approach to the game altogether..

yous guys see him as a log waiting for the ball, but you guys dont see that he also limited the movement of the defenders and open up space for Del Piero and Nedved to go through.. he is very important to keep the shape of the formation... he need to stay upmost ... to stretch the opponents formation .. keeping the defenders in check.. he need to stay where every know where he.. so that its easier to feed the ball...

and i also feel very strange when people say that RVN create chances by himself.. becoz as far as i can remember RVN is famous for finishing up moves... on ocassion he dribbles the ball but most of the times he only took at most two touch to score goals.. he is as dependant to feeds from others as Trezeguet is.. you all see him as more technically gifted bcoz of the space he have in EPL.. there are hardly any striker in EPL who cant dribble the ball.. thats why i see Crespo as out of place figure in EPL...

my actuall point in my last post was why people would bash trezeguet for Fernando Cavenaghi... the fact some of those people never even seen him plays is a total disrespect to their team players.. Caveneghi is just Argentina youths striker for goodess sake.. Trezeguet is already a World and European Champion with France.... i tell you all that i have seen him plays for Argentina Youth and some games for River PLate and i dont see at any difference at all with Trezeguet... the same hide and seek striker who score 2 goals out of half chances they got.

i see that you Orgut is someone who appreciate entertaining football very much. Its okay. its actually very normal. But i afraid you are supporting a wrong team here. Juventus nowadays is more of an efficient and hardworking team . i recommend AS Roma to you. they play brilliant football this days. I myself turned to their games for entertainment value. or better still u should switch to Liga Espaniola teams.. you can find many technically gifted players there.. even the smaller team plays open fast attacking game... if that still dont works , you could go the the circus. you will be suprised to see what the elephants can do with a ball... or maybe just go watch a movie. Shaolin Soccer rocks. :thumb:

They dont realise this, but people who complained with Trezeguet's technical ability just agree with Totti'S comment about Nedved. No matter how you see it, Nedved is never as technically gifted as Zidane, Totti, Aimar, ROnaldo, Henry... but he get his work done.. and so does Trezeguet.

PS: damn..... i hate it when i wrote long post..:wallbang:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

People who complained with Trezeguet's technical ability just agree with Totti'S comment about Nedved. No matter how you see it, Nedved is never as technically gifted as Zidane, Totti, Aimar, ROnaldo, Henry... but he get his work done.. and so does Trezeguet.
Well said alessandro. :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@aressandro: Yes, I agree, you can't really compare Trezeguet and Henry because they are two different types of players, but wouldn't you rather the Henry, Ronaldo, Owen type starting alongside Del Piero than the static Trezeguet type.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
@aressandro: Yes, I agree, you can't really compare Trezeguet and Henry because they are two different types of players, but wouldn't you rather the Henry, Ronaldo, Owen type starting alongside Del Piero than the static Trezeguet type.
fantasista, infact having a player like trez playing alongside dp is the perfect foil for dp. They are two exactly different players. One depends on creativity the other on out and out striking. Which is the ideal combination for a front 2 pairing.

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
Personnaly Corradi is one of my favorite strikers, if he were to go to Juve it would be awesome.
I find that all 3 of those named are better strikers than Trez

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Excellently said, aressandro. There's nobody in the squad (and even fewer outside it) whom I trust more to score.

Cavenaghi? A simple question : how many of these super Argentine kids have lived up to their reputation in Europe?

Trez's story is similar to that of Henry's - they aren't being used correctly. The problem isn't occurring only to our lone striker (who isn't one btw) Of the great collection of support strikers we have, can anybody who watched the games honestly say that they have played anywhere near their potential?

The only way Juve has been better than last season is on paper.

In terms of money, what's the use of 25m when everybody's gonna quote you that price in the market?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
IF it is with Del Piero we are speaking about then i would choose a striker that dont really roams around. You see Del Piero is a free role support striker who recieve the ball from out side and bring it in. i think Del Piero will work better if he knows clearly were his parner is. That way he can choose clearly wether to pass or go for goal.

i dunno how to say it, but having Dp- with either of the three u mentioned just dont feel right. i would prefer him to partner Vieri, Crespo, Trezeguet or Kovacevic type. the typical goal poachers who would prosphers with Dp's kinky works.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

IF it is with Del Piero we are speaking about then i would choose a striker that dont really roams around. You see Del Piero is a free role support striker who recieve the ball from out side and bring it in. i think Del Piero will work better if he knows clearly were his parner is. That way he can choose clearly wether to pass or go for goal.

i dunno how to say it, but having Dp- with either of the three u mentioned just dont feel right. i would prefer him to partner Vieri, Crespo, Trezeguet or Kovacevic type. the typical goal poachers who would prosphers with Dp's kinky works.
Have you ever seen DP play alongside a player who likes to roam? No, Del Piero has never been given the chance to do that at Juve, and I personally think that it would be good for him. If Alex was paired with say Henry, the two could take turns in roaming, so that one forward is in a support position and the other in a goalscoring position at all times. DP may not be built for the out-and-out striker role like Trezeguet is, but in reality he can play in a more advanced role with efficiency. When Trez was subbed in the 3-1 win against Real last season, DP played upfront by himself, and did well. Being almost complete opposites, DP and Trez make a good partnership, but can you deny that an Alex-Henry duo or an Alex-Ron tandem would be far more unpredictable, far more creative, and far more explosive than an Alex-DT strike force? I can't.

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54

Have you ever seen DP play alongside a player who likes to roam? No, Del Piero has never been given the chance to do that at Juve, and I personally think that it would be good for him. If Alex was paired with say Henry, the two could take turns in roaming, so that one forward is in a support position and the other in a goalscoring position at all times. DP may not be built for the out-and-out striker role like Trezeguet is, but in reality he can play in a more advanced role with efficiency. When Trez was subbed in the 3-1 win against Real last season, DP played upfront by himself, and did well. Being almost complete opposites, DP and Trez make a good partnership, but can you deny that an Alex-Henry duo or an Alex-Ron tandem would be far more unpredictable, far more creative, and far more explosive than an Alex-DT strike force? I can't.
    :down:

thats all the truth.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Really, I don't want Trez to go, as he is a great finisher, and I really liked him, as he did so much for this club, but I dream of having Henry back at this club, and we would rock the world with the trio---> Nedved, Henry, Del Piero

However, we are a team that plays with high-balls, and Henry is not the best header, so we should stay as we are!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    i cant believe this..after the CL Final, some of yoll wanted to even kill Treze and wanted him out. Many said Cavenaghi as a replacement

but all of a sudden, a few goals and HE CANT LEAVE

:rolleyes:
    i never wated to kill him!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)