Juventus to play in Australia next month (9 Viewers)

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
As luck would have it, im going to be in Europe for the EURO 2008 Games :)

Got tickets for all the Italy games !!! :D

Have fun at the friendly guys... Support out team with passion

:bigscarf:

OP
francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #45
    ill definitely be making the trip down to melbourne. so excited!! cant believe Juve is coming to Australia, dream come true!
    I was in melbourne for the F1 Grand Prix and had an awesome time, loved the city and cant wait to go back again!!
    Forza Juventus!!!!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Victory To Cash In On Juve Friendly

Melbourne Victory look set to secure an off-season financial bonus from next month’s friendly against Italian giants Juventus

A sell-out crowd of 55,000 is expected at the Telstra Dome on May 30, which could see Victory receive in excess of $500,000 (AUD) while Juventus would collect something in the vicinity of $1 million after the clubs agreed to split the gate money 40-60.

At least 30,000 patrons must turn up at Docklands if Victory are to break even, but with Melbourne’s strong Italian population and Juve’s promise of bringing a full-strength squad, the prospect of a full house is very realistic – especially as there are no Australian Football League (AFL) games taking place in the city that evening.

While Gianluigi Buffon, Mauro Camoranesi, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Alessandro Del Piero are as yet unconfirmed due to commitments to the Italian national team, the likes of French striker David Trezeguet and Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved are definitely booked in for the trip Down Under.

Major Step

Nonetheless, Victory officials are expecting the worldwide appeal of Juventus to draw a big crowd regardless of who they field on the night.

"Juventus is one of the all-time great clubs in the world, so we are hoping it will be a major sporting event for Melbourne," Victory chairman Geoff Lord said.

"For us, it's a major step. In three years we've tried to build this club into something that's important to this city."

First Of Many

The A-League club was able to secure the potentially lucrative fixture thanks to support from Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Melbourne general secretary Luca Battollo and local business Give Me Football, among various contributing parties.

And Lord hopes Victory can make an annual event of hosting big clubs from across the globe.

"We hope this will be the first of numerous events," Lord said.

goal.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Gee this is going to be massive. I went to city with my Juve jacket everyone now seems to know who Juventus are and calling for Del Piero gee its funny.

OP
    francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #49
    Hey francesco,where have you been?

Are you back now?
    ive been here all along just havent been posting
    had enough of the forums for a while, people getting on my nerves before but i might be back on a little more these days..

OP
    francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #50
    Gee this is going to be massive. I went to city with my Juve jacket everyone now seems to know who Juventus are and calling for Del Piero gee its funny.
    i think even non-juve supporters will be going to this game, im sure we will be seeing many ac milan and inter jerseys in the crowd. but anyways it should be an awesome night..
    regarding del piero, IMO he will be chosen for the EURO 08 squad and therefore will not be making an apprearance in this game vs melbourne..

rvi

l'amour toujours
    Apr 5, 2007
    Juventus to finish Asian tour in Melbourne
    (AFP) Saturday 19 April 2008
    Juventus will play Melbourne Victory on the third and final stop of their Asia-Pacific tour next month, the Australian A-League club said on Friday.

Juventus, the most successful club in the history of Italian football, will play Victory at Melbourne's Docklands stadium on Friday 30 May, the club said in a statement.

It will be the first time Juventus have played in Australia since 1984 when the then-reigning Serie A champions drew 1-1 with the Australian national team at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

The Melbourne match will finish the Italian club side's tour of Asia after matches against South China in Hong Kong on 22 May and Shanghai Shenhua FC in Shanghai on 24 May, the statement said.

Juventus, coached by Claudio Ranieri, have committed to field their strongest squad but excluding players who will be involved in UEFA EURO 2008.

Aug 1, 2003
    ok guys
    tickets will be on sale to the general public on the 24th using ticketmaster
    ive just been in melbourne for around 2 months since i started studying in melb u in feb
    so pls pls pls anyone whos going for this game
    lets go in a group !!
    i havent even seen any juve fan here !! asked around the italy social club and the guy was an inter fan haha
    im so excited
    ps gray come down to melb

i know exactly what u mean its like all these juve supporters are coming out of nowhere lol

well at least thats how i see it coz trust me ive been looking. hell i scouted for juve fans in lygon okay !!

ill definitely be making the trip down to melbourne. so excited!! cant believe Juve is coming to Australia, dream come true!
    I was in melbourne for the F1 Grand Prix and had an awesome time, loved the city and cant wait to go back again!!
    Forza Juventus!!!!
    funnily enough i was at f1 as well haha

okay sally three posts in a row must contain the excitement

ps which tickets are u guys getting ? shoot im sorry but im really really excited, coming to study in melb was a very last minute decision and now juve's coming here ?? what a dream come true
    lol yeah someone said they'll all go to lygon after ! haha
    if anyone finds out anything about this - such as training, flight details or wtv, please share

okay one last thing theres a jersey sale at the world game at melb central so for those who havent gotten it u can purchase the jersey for $110

i for one will be wearing last season's jersey though (aha! mine is nedved's and he'll definitely be there!)

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
    its hard to find fellow juve fans becoz most ppl here just suck on EPL teams
    and yes the jerseys at worldgame are 110
    but i think at the nike factory in smith street collingwood there available for like 45
    but not totally sure but they would be hell alot cheaper.

Aug 1, 2003
    I did it for him/her.
    thanks.
    her, btw.

really? that is extremely cheap. im gona go online at 9 and buy the tix straightaway. im not sure if i should get category a or b though.

too bad camo buffon grygera and tiago wont be there.

on one hand you want alex to be selected for euro on the other you dont want to because of this lol

whereabouts in melb are you 007?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)