Juventus to play in Australia next month (3 Viewers)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
2003...and they had a reason to even be playing here- The Italian Super Cup

and it happened in the pre-season, when it mattered, and not directly after a long season with the big -guns not even in attendance
But I mean...it wasn't necessary to play the super cup in the US right...

And pre-season, what if they got injured right before the season started?

No....not trying to be a bitch, but just to show how someone could find fault with anything if they want to. And find reasons to defend themselves when they have to.

Fans outside italy have to be very lucky to see/meet the players on their own home ground. Let them enjoy themselves and stop being a party pooper.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Beh, I don't care about the fact Juventus didn't bring stars. Australians don't have a football culture anyway.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Beh, I don't care about the fact Juventus didn't bring stars. Australians don't have a football culture anyway.
Right... since you've got all the facts and figures on Australia's sporting culture :rolleyes2

Sure, we're not a superpower in world football and our domestic league is well below world class, but Australia is a sport-loving country, and the fact that a sellout crowd came to watch Juventus' reserve team surely shows that people care enough about the team to warrant bringing its stars on the tour.

Aug 1, 2003
what does it matter if juventus decides to play in australia or not, even if it's for money? do you actually know how much we earn from these tours? juve's appearance fee alone if i am not mistaken (we tried to bring them to malaysia for this asia pacific tournament and was told the price) - is around 500 000 - 1 mil USD. and that's appearance fee alone, not inclusive of transport, accommodation etc. that's how much they earn per country, and there's also ticket sales to consider etc ... without these "useless" tournaments to these countries Juventus would have much less money. and less money would probably mean less transfers and more trouble for Juventus. everything's business and it's important, there's nothing wrong with that, that's how it's run. be thankful there are some countries, like Australia and its fans, who are willing to pay.

furthermore, meow brought up a good point ... no matter how ignorant a country is about italian football, even if there's one hardcore juve fan in that country, let him/her enjoy seeing juventus on their soil.. not everyone's lucky enough and don't take that away from them. and there are LOTS of italians in melbourne, and i mean a LOT, so it's not like they're totally clueless.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sally -- don't worry about Andries. He tries really hard to be too cool for school. So we throw him a bone now and then. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)