Juventus to play in Australia next month (8 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Disclaimer: Due to the spontaneous nature of my trip to Melbourne (I bought the plane ticket only a couple of hours before my flight), I wasn't able to shower, hence my dishevelled appearance in these photos :shifty:

I sat in Row A, so I was pretty close to the action and the atmosphere was great, but I probably would've had a better view from the second tier.

Marchionni

Ranieri

Pessotto, with Sally Inzaghi in the background :D

Stendardo

Vanstratten

The love of Sally's life Castiglia

Palladino

Birindelli

Legrottaglie

Tiago and Zebina

Zanetti

Palla and Jess in the tunnel

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
what does it matter if juventus decides to play in australia or not, even if it's for money? do you actually know how much we earn from these tours? juve's appearance fee alone if i am not mistaken (we tried to bring them to malaysia for this asia pacific tournament and was told the price) - is around 500 000 - 1 mil USD. and that's appearance fee alone, not inclusive of transport, accommodation etc. that's how much they earn per country, and there's also ticket sales to consider etc ... without these "useless" tournaments to these countries Juventus would have much less money. and less money would probably mean less transfers and more trouble for Juventus. everything's business and it's important, there's nothing wrong with that, that's how it's run. be thankful there are some countries, like Australia and its fans, who are willing to pay.

furthermore, meow brought up a good point ... no matter how ignorant a country is about italian football, even if there's one hardcore juve fan in that country, let him/her enjoy seeing juventus on their soil.. not everyone's lucky enough and don't take that away from them. and there are LOTS of italians in melbourne, and i mean a LOT, so it's not like they're totally clueless.
I think these after season tours are a great way to make money. I wouldn't go to any of the games even if I were Australian. A preseason game has some sense, this is just making money.

Sally -- don't worry about Andries. He tries really hard to be too cool for school. So we throw him a bone now and then. ;)
I'd say that's exactly what Juventus does in this case, they throw Australians/Asians a bone.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think these after season tours are a great way to make money. I wouldn't go to any of the games even if I were Australian. A preseason game has some sense, this is just making money.

I'd say that's exactly what Juventus does in this case, they throw Australians/Asians a bone.
In the end, a football club is a company, just like any other. Whether you're talking about trying to win championships and trophies or going on continental tours, the motivation is always going to be financial gain.

As you said yourself, Australia isn't exactly the #1 destination for football clubs to visit, so if they do choose to come, we're not exactly in a position to ignore them based on principle.

I understand what you're saying, and of course the Australian public feels a bit cheated that players like Trez, Nedved and Salihamidzic didn't come, but in the end, we'll take what we can get.

What's Legrottaglie so puffed up about?:D
He was probably pissed that the lighting wasn't ideal, because we were standing in front of a window :)

Aug 1, 2003

well yeah Juve did kinda rip us off, but it's blind love I guess - I'm willing to pay so long I can afford it because indirectly it contributes to Juventus. Plus, there's always quality of football. Reserve Juve team or not, the fact that these players are in Juve, that's classy enough

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Beh, I don't care about the fact Juventus didn't bring stars. Australians don't have a football culture anyway.
yeh but europeans do...and they make up half of Melbourne, especially italians which explains the good turn out

Aug 1, 2003
Yes, the member session was absolute crap, which is why gray and I waited for another 3 hours at the lobby to try our luck :D and it paid off thankfully

I dont know why the session went down the way it did.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, the member session was absolute crap, which is why gray and I waited for another 3 hours at the lobby to try our luck :D and it paid off thankfully

I dont know why the session went down the way it did.
nice, how did you avoid that old big italian guy? i didn't have that luxury as i had to leave to go to a wedding.

I have a few pictures that i will post later from the training session and the hotel.

Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Beh, I don't care about the fact Juventus didn't bring stars. Australians don't have a football culture anyway.
beh,tell that to the guys running around with machetes and knives in football games just around a year ago. Also tell that to the people who go in day in day out to watch their team with averages more than many European sides.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
nice, how did you avoid that old big italian guy? i didn't have that luxury as i had to leave to go to a wedding.

I have a few pictures that i will post later from the training session and the hotel.

beh,tell that to the guys running around with machetes and knives in football games just around a year ago. Also tell that to the people who go in day in day out to watch their team with averages more than many European sides.
You still don't have a football culture. It's just not happening. And if you have it's coming from 'Europeans'. I don't know what that's supposed to mean by the way.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
gray you sure that's palla in the tunnel ? looks like legro
Actually you're right :) I knew that at the time I was taking the pic, but didn't really look carefully when I posted it :p

Why with Ranieri,Graham? :D
I actually like Ranieri as a person, despite some of the questionable decisions he's made while managing our team. I liked him since his Chelsea days, and felt sorry for him when he was fired by them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)