Juventus: There Is No Money for new players?? (3 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Juventus tighten their belts Thursday 12 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Franzo Grande Stevens claims they must sell players before they can splash out on the transfer market this summer.

"We do not have enough money at our disposal," he said after a meeting of the Board of Directors. "Before buying any new players, we must first sell. Failing that, we'll build a fire with the wood we have now."

The statement also came after Parma revealed that Juventus, Inter and Milan were all in the running for Alberto Gilardino's signature with a £34m price-tag.

The Turin giants have been tightening their belts for a couple of years now and also took the same steps in the close season.

In order to bring in Zlatan Ibrahimovic, they sold off half of Fabrizio Miccoli, Giorgio Chiellini and Enzo Maresca to Fiorentina, while Marco Di Vaio went to Valencia.

This suggests that Grande Stevens was by no means ruling out a move for Gilardino, as they could raise the money by selling David Trezeguet.

The Frenchman has long been linked with both Barcelona and Arsenal, with strong reports that this will be his last season in a Juventus jersey.

There are other options, as Coach Fabio Capello would rather bring in reinforcements in midfield and defence, where there are few real alternatives to Fabio Cannavaro, Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi.

Juve's financial situation is already an improvement on last year, as the Board of Directors announced that revenue for the first nine months of the 2004-05 financial year was £113.79m, an increase of 9.8% on last year.

The club's expenditure was £91.76m, an increase of 6.6% in the corresponding period, so the net result is a negative of £3.89m – an improvement on the £11.76m from last season

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
could be a smokescreen.

If we spend, imo its should be in three areas.

Gila
AM
Young Italian defender....Barzagli.

Everything else on the free.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
barzagli,pizzaro and gila or cassano,
one player for every line,
that also means we will sell a lot
dont expect back maresca,miccoli,tudor
and we might also miss some of the: olivera,blasi,appiah,mutu,kapo,trezequet

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Barzagli
Pizarro
Gila or Cassano
Edu or V.Bommel (free)
Kovac (free)
Tudor (free, back from loan)
Chiellini (back from loan)
Van Der Vaart (Roma offering 3.5mil, we can offer 5mil)
Oddo, Cassetti, Trabelsi, Miguel etc. (just another RB than Zebina please)

Out:
Trezeget or Del Piero
Blasi or Appiah
Tacchinardi
Ferrara
Montero
Pessotto or Birindelli
Legro 50%
Olivera or Kapo
50% Miccoli
50% Maresca

Or something like it, I would like.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
how can we get gila or cassano we have to sell both zambro and trez to get one player iwould rathersell zambro to get chivu and bring chiellini back

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
Some times our management should be remmbered that Juventus is a football club at the end
I think they deal with it more like a commercial comapny...
Is it something rare in the world of football. I can tell you one thing that will change your mind on your statement, Football clubs nowadays ARE commercial companies.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
No need to panic. This is how Juve does business. And i think it's wise.

Anyway i wouldn't want us to become a team that spends crazy and at the end becomes unpopular, like Chelsea or Real Madrid!

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Is it something rare in the world of football. I can tell you one thing that will change your mind on your statement, Football clubs nowadays ARE commercial companies.
No doubt, and I appreciate the wisdom of our management which keeps our financial situation well balanced...

But once again, Juventus is a football club and they should purchase and buy players when thier team tactic needs such change, not for the sake of the players commercial names like Real do or like " Yeah I like to spend some more milions" Like Roman does...

I think we can keep our financial situation balanced even if we spent some more money in some needed area....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
Juventus tighten their belts Thursday 12 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus President Franzo Grande Stevens claims they must sell players before they can splash out on the transfer market this summer.

"We do not have enough money at our disposal," he said after a meeting of the Board of Directors. "Before buying any new players, we must first sell. Failing that, we'll build a fire with the wood we have now."

The statement also came after Parma revealed that Juventus, Inter and Milan were all in the running for Alberto Gilardino's signature with a £34m price-tag.

The Turin giants have been tightening their belts for a couple of years now and also took the same steps in the close season.

In order to bring in Zlatan Ibrahimovic, they sold off half of Fabrizio Miccoli, Giorgio Chiellini and Enzo Maresca to Fiorentina, while Marco Di Vaio went to Valencia.

This suggests that Grande Stevens was by no means ruling out a move for Gilardino, as they could raise the money by selling David Trezeguet.

The Frenchman has long been linked with both Barcelona and Arsenal, with strong reports that this will be his last season in a Juventus jersey.

There are other options, as Coach Fabio Capello would rather bring in reinforcements in midfield and defence, where there are few real alternatives to Fabio Cannavaro, Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi.

Juve's financial situation is already an improvement on last year, as the Board of Directors announced that revenue for the first nine months of the 2004-05 financial year was £113.79m, an increase of 9.8% on last year.

The club's expenditure was £91.76m, an increase of 6.6% in the corresponding period, so the net result is a negative of £3.89m – an improvement on the £11.76m from last season

If we tighten the belt any more our guts will start to fall out ;)

May 4, 2004
**** the President and his ugly money!!!!! arghhh i hate this.. :down: 4real..
sometime i wish a rich russian will buy juve... :down:

we never buy a Aimar / Nesta / Deco , i mean A BIG name, Without selling out, wtf? where are all the ****ing money, we won serie a 2002 and 03 and cl final and we didnt buy ANYONE [bigname] !!!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
zambrotta and trezeguet out. enough money to grab a player or two
I'm seeing credibility in Fli's line of thinking here. I'm sure the front office is definitely considering these two as a potential funding source, though Appiah is also probably on his way out for small change too. I would even be sacraligious here and say Nedved might be a worthy sale if we can replace him with a younger playmaker.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I'm seeing credibility in Fli's line of thinking here. I'm sure the front office is definitely considering these two as a potential funding source, though Appiah is also probably on his way out for small change too. I would even be sacraligious here and say Nedved might be a worthy sale if we can replace him with a younger playmaker.
I hope you're wearing your flame-proof suit, Greg :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

we never buy a Aimar / Nesta / Deco , i mean A BIG name, Without selling out, wtf? where are all the ****ing money, we won serie a 2002 and 03 and cl final and we didnt buy ANYONE [bigname] !!!!
We bought Zlatan Cannavaro and Emerson in the summer. Stop being so ungrateful, if you want a club that gets even bigger names then that stop supporting juventus and support Chelsea or Madrid.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Why are you supporting Juventus dude? Do you want us to be like Chelsea or Madrid?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Another bad thing when u wait to sell ur players to buy new,
is that some teams might think twice if they will buy a player like appiah or smth and try to find smth better or cheaper to invest,
so either we sell fast in low price, either we wait to sell him good when time comes,
when this time comes, most of the big transfers would be done and we will take the left overs,
that happens when u dont have have cash.
Thats small team problems and mentality,
thank God we have moggi the fox to help us out,
but again we are a serius-big club,
someone sould invest some money,
if they dont that means that our hopes to do smth next year(CL final) are limited,
as they were this year too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)