Juventus Target Fernando Meira (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Fernando Meira is far better than Barzagli, but he's getting old, 28 or29..
but thats ok, he still has alot of years left in him, defenders can play till they are like 34 years old. what we need is experience at the back to take us back to the top, we cant rely on youngsters, that could be a recipe for disaster. what juve needs to do is nurture players like criscito, nocerino, marchisio, etc for the future, we cant just throw them in the line up straight away. Meira would be a good acquisition

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
In English.
-------------------------------
Juve back on Meira trail

Friday 13 July, 2007
There are reports in Portugal that Juventus will make a bid for Stuttgart defender Fernando Meira, despite strained relations with the German side.

The Bundesliga champions reacted furiously when they believed the Old Lady had contacted the Portuguese stopper without their consent in June and threatened FIFA action.

The Bianconeri denied that any approach had been made and cooled their interest in the towering 29-year-old, but are now allegedly set to make their final move in the summer market.

Speculation has been rife that Juve are lining up one further signing before the season starts since general manager Jean-Claude Blanc let slip that the team was not yet perfect in his eyes.

“The squad is 98 per cent complete,” he told journalists at the Turin giants’ pre-season camp in the Dolomite resort of Pinzolo.

The figure of £13m has previously been attached to Meira, but it seems unlikely that the Cadetti champions will be willing to pay such a high price having already signed Deportivo La Coruna centre-back Jorge Andrade.

Channel4

juventino12

Jan 20, 2007
man if we sign a defender, we need it to be someone who has played in serie a for the last few years. if we get meira, then 3/4 of our starting backline does not have serie a experience. we need someone who knows the system, knows other teams tactics and key players...basically, someone who plays in serie a.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
man if we sign a defender, we need it to be someone who has played in serie a for the last few years. if we get meira, then 3/4 of our starting backline does not have serie a experience. we need someone who knows the system, knows other teams tactics and key players...basically, someone who plays in serie a.
:agree:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's hope we see a lot of this, this season :D

:heart:

Sweetness.

That said, I don't think Meira could cut it as a starter for the Juve defense. Andrade, yes. Meira? As a top second choice. The Kovac to our Thuram and Canna.

Therefore, I think it's insane to spend €10m on the guy.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Plus you like Miera...
Why do you think so?! because I live in Stuttgart and used to follow the team?!
I mentioned before, that he is no special...but to me as a neutral follower Meira is better than Barzagli (looking at WC and last season performances).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)