Juventus shirts 2013/2014 (13 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Utd and Nike to sign a new contract worth a billion euros apparently. Anyone got any info on that? I don't understand how they value a deal like that, especially when it's clear to see that City are in the ascendancy and Utd are perhaps going to be in transition for a while. I also still don't understand how Nike would let to of a property like Juve. It may not be a huge property in Asia comparatively to e others, but there's nothi in Italy that could compete with Juve. It's really strange.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
£375mln for 5 years.

Don't know where he got that billion, but still more than double Real Madrid earn from Adidas £31mln which is the current record.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Its billion dollars not euros.

Its 740m in euros but the important thing here is for how many years is the contract.I am not sure about that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
£375mln for 5 years.

Don't know where he got that billion, but still more than double Real Madrid earn from Adidas £31mln which is the current record.
Which is why i asked for info on it, coz I wasn't sure of the currency. Billion dollars is still pretty crazy, especially considering that the club are nowhere near the property they once were at this point. They didn't need to spend so much to secure the franchise. Unless this has all sets of bonus clauses and marketing rights attached. Even then, I think they're over done it.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Which is why i asked for info on it, coz I wasn't sure of the currency. Billion dollars is still pretty crazy, especially considering that the club are nowhere near the property they once were at this point. They didn't need to spend so much to secure the franchise. Unless this has all sets of bonus clauses and marketing rights attached. Even then, I think they're over done it.
This could be a 10year deal, but yes still way too much.

Last time I read about it was the above mentioned £75mln/year including bonuses for 5 years.

Plus the £45mln per year Chevrolet deal, they are unreachable and heading to a billion dollars turnover.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Which is why it's kind of strange. They could've offered this money to the likes of Madrid (to even break off with Adidas) or Barca or even City who have a bit more potential seeing the way they're building their teams compared to the rebuilding phase Utd are in where they're unlikely to see success like they have in the past. Wonder how these decisions are made.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Which is why it's kind of strange. They could've offered this money to the likes of Madrid (to even break off with Adidas) or Barca or even City who have a bit more potential seeing the way they're building their teams compared to the rebuilding phase Utd are in where they're unlikely to see success like they have in the past. Wonder how these decisions are made.
Fanbase perhaps.More people buying their product.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I remember reading a couple of years back about Nike and their Club Football signings, apparently, it's down to every country's branch to decide on such deals. Hence the variance I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)