Juventus Next Gen (17 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Um seriously, what was Rafias 2nd yellow for? He wasnt involved in direct play nor talking it seems.
I think it's because he ran back on the field without being given permission to come on...yeah.

He also got an additional 1 game suspension for arguing with the officials, unsurprisingly.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
U23 came back from a 1st leg semi final deficit of 2-0 to Feralpisalò to win 4-0 (4-2) AET today and reach the final of the Coppa Italia Serie C. Goals from Marchi, Zanimacchia (2) and Rafia.

Tomorrow is Catania (0-2) Ternana 2nd leg. I'd imagine Ternana will make the final, they are considerably stronger and would be clear favourites against Juve U23.

Lineups and pagelle: https://www.tuttojuve.com/juventusu...lle-zanimacchia-decisivo-marchi-leader-503240

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It was a mistake starting a Women's team and a B team when we should concentrate everything for the Men's team until that damn CL is won.

Apr 9, 2015
It was a mistake starting a Women's team and a B team when we should concentrate everything for the Men's team until that damn CL is won.
No. The women´s and U23 team are just a minor investment. Probably managed by other people than Paratici, Nedved & co. We always wanted more youngsters from our youth acadamy but we struggle really hard in Serie C even with expierenced players alongside the youngsters. The best way to develop is when you can play on your own level or above. Playing against aged players is really good for maturing. And if no one wil reach the first team, then they are known because they play in Serie C instead of a Youth league. It means that their value will be higher, because they are more expierenced and well known by scouts.

dryatson

Feb 2, 2020
Any break outs here that will make a jump to the senior team and wow the world?

Nah. Of course not.
I really hoped Juventus would be able to have 2-3 good enough players for the first team every 5 years or so, as bare minimum. But this never happened, unlike teams like Ajax, Lyon, Barcelona, or (just to stick with Italian teams) even Atalanta and Roma.

The real last bunch of good players coming out the Primavera were composed of Claudio Marchisio, Sebastian Giovinco and Ciro Immobile (people tends to forget Immobile was a product of Juventus youngs teams). I'm a lil' bit reluctant to include Moise Kean in the same category.

Other than that...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I really hoped Juventus would be able to have 2-3 good enough players for the first team every 5 years or so, as bare minimum. But this never happened, unlike teams like Ajax, Lyon, Barcelona, or (just to stick with Italian teams) even Atalanta and Roma.

The real last bunch of good players coming out the Primavera were composed of Claudio Marchisio, Sebastian Giovinco and Ciro Immobile (people tends to forget Immobile was a product of Juventus youngs teams). I'm a lil' bit reluctant to include Moise Kean in the same category.

Other than that...
Immobile came later with Marrone and Fausto Rossi. When we were in Serie B we had Marchisio, Giovinco and Palladino of notable ones, also Paro and Mirante who were bit older. Then in the summer we brought back Nocerino who immediately left after one season. Marrone looked promising at one point, in later years Mattiello before his 2 injuries looked like he could be a reliable depth wingback option on either side, Rugani almost made it. Spinazzola took the longer path around and if not for injuries, could also have been a solid depth option. But really, only 2 kids that made it at a high level were Marchisio and Immobile. Jury is still out on some current ones, mainly Kean and Audero. Rest dont look like potential Juve level players sadly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)