Juventus - Lecce: 4-1 (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Category: <b>Match Reports</b><br><br>Lying just one point off joint-leaders Piacenza and Napoli, a win today against Lecce and favourable results elsewhere would see Juventus take top spot for the first time this season. With injuries and suspensions Didier Deschamps called upon the Bianconeri’s promising crop of youngsters, Bojinov and Palladino pairing up in attack for the second weekend running, Marchisio returning to the centre of midfield and Mirante taking his place between the sticks in place of the suspended Buffon.

The game started at break-neck pace with both sides throwing men forward in an attempt to work an early opening. With 2 minutes on the clock, Giacomazzi played through Babù with a neat angled pass. The forward burst into the box but his touch was wayward and Mirante got there first to clear the danger. On 7 minutes, Balzaretti raced down the left wing, cut inside and fired a thunderous right footed effort goalbound from just outside the box. His shot struck the bar and fell to Camoranesi, but the right winger couldn’t keep his first-time shot down and the ball sailed over the bar for a goal-kick. Juventus were pressing hard for an opening but Lecce matched them for effort in midfield and the game remained scoreless. In the 16th minute the Bianconeri almost found the breakthrough they were looking for; Camoranesi spotted Bojinov unmarked in the box and rolled the ball to him from out on the right. The Bulgarian took one touch too many, giving Benussi time to race off his line and deflect the striker’s effort over the keeper’s head. The Lecce stopper raced back to palm the ball away and then stood tall once more as Nedved hurtled in and sent a snap-shot inches over the bar. Balzaretti tried to beat the Lecce keeper from distance minutes later but his effort was dealt with easily. As Juventus grew frustrated, the Giallorossi worked their way back into the game, testing the Bianconeri’s concentration with clever runs and quick link-up play. Vives and Valdes both tried their luck from long-range but Mirante was more than equal to the task. On the half-hour mark Schiavi went down injured and was replaced by Petras in defence. Possession changed hands constantly and it was hard for either side to build the play in the final third, speculative efforts from long-range being the order of the day. With the game locked in a stalemate, referee Gervasoni blew the half-time whistle (0-0).

Juventus were out of the dressing room early as they looked to take the game by the scruff of the neck. On 54 minutes Camoranesi found Bojinov in the area with a curled pass from the right wing; the striker raced on at pace and flashed his effort across the face of the goal. Lecce responded in fine fashion, Vives crossing in from the right and Giacomazzi heading just inches over the bar. Lecce continued to pressure and in the 61st minute Valdes dribbled into the box and placed a low shot narrowly wide of Mirante’s left post. A minute later and their hard work was finally rewarded, Angelo racing down the right wing and centring the ball to the substitute Osvaldo who was unmarked in the box. The striker made no mistake and gave the visitors a shock lead (0-1). Their advantage lasted just two minutes; Bojinov - who had been toiling hard all afternoon - stole the ball from Juliano on the edge of the area and placed a powerful and accurate drive past the helpless Benussi (1-1). The Bulgarian’s enthusiastic celebrations earned him a booking, Juliano’s mistake a substitution. Two minutes later and Diamoutene joined him in the changing rooms, sent-off for a second bookable offence. It was all Juventus now and on 70 minutes, Camoranesi sent a half-volley from fifteen yards just wide of Benussi’s right post. Two minutes later Marchisio released Palladino in the area and it took another fine stop by the Lecce number one to deny the Bianconeri a second. Moments later Kovac headed over from a Camoranesi corner and then, in the 74th minute, Marchisio was replaced by debutant Venitucci as Juventus looked to exploit their numerical advantage with a set of fresh, young legs. That same minute, Juventus finally took the lead. Valery Bojinov stepped up to take a set-piece from a full forty yards out. No one in the stadium expected him to shoot but the young Bulgarian had other ideas, thumping an exocet missile into the top corner and leaving Benussi stunned (2-1). Jumping with joy, he raced the full length of the pitch to celebrate with the fans in the Curva Sud. The Bianconeri weren’t content with two and in the 81st minute Nedved found Palladino free in the box with a magic pass from the right. The striker took it past Benussi with his first touch but the Lecce defenders raced back to cut him off as he prepared to shoot. Chiellini came on for Balzaretti in the 83rd and in the 87th minute Palladino had another chance to double Juve’s lead. Camoranesi set him up with a one on one with Benussi and the Lecce man came out on top again, visibly relieved as Palladino place his effort wide of the goal. De Ceglie replaced Bojinov seconds later and the Bulgarian received a standing ovation from the Bianconeri faithful. A man down, and with tired legs all over the park, Lecce could do nothing to stop the wave of Juventus attacks. On 90 minutes, Palladino had yet another effort saved by the Lecce stopper but a minute later, he made amends; Camoranesi left his man for dead in the box and rolled the ball to the front man who was completely unmarked. He looked up and sent a low effort past Banussi to make it three and spark off ecstatic celebrations in the stands (3-1). Palladino could have had another in the third minute of additional time but a Camoranesi cross from the right just missed his head after he had launched himself horizontally at the ball. On 94’ minutes the turn around was complete, De Ceglie dribbling into the box and making no mistake with a powerful left-footed drive (4-1). Referee Gervasoni had seen enough and spared Lecce any further blushes with the full time whistle.

GOALS: Osvaldo 62’, Bojinov 64’ & 74’, Palladino 90+1’, De Ceglie 90+4’

BOOKED: Balzaretti 36’, Diamoutene 49’, Nedved 56’, Bojinov 65’, Vives 73’, Osvaldo 83’
SENT-OFF: Diamoutene 69’

JUVENTUS: Mirante; Birindelli, Kovac, Boumsong, Balzaretti (Chiellini 83’); Camoranesi, Paro, Marchisio (Venitucci 74’), Nedved; Bojinov (De Ceglie 87’), Palladino
Subs: Belardi, Urbano, Giovinco, Maniero
Coach: Deschamps

LECCE: Benussi; Angelo, Diamoutene, Schiavi (Petras 30’), Rullo; Giacomazzi, Juliano (Camorani 67’), Vives; Babù, Cozzolino (Osvaldo 61’), Valdes
Subs: Rosati, Polenghi, Caccavallo, Herzan
Coach: Zeman

REFEREE: Gervasoni
ASSISTANTS: Faverani, Vicinanza
4TH OFFICIAL: Pizzi<br><br>Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    If DD can start producing more with our young players, the sky is the limit. :tup:

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
    Couldn't see the match, but from the match review we played with many of our youngsters and they're paying out.

Marchisio, De Ceglie, Palla, Venitucci, Boji.... The stars of the future!

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Juventico said:
    Couldn't see the match, but from the match review we played with many of our youngsters and they're paying out.

Marchisio, De Ceglie, Palla, Venitucci, Boji.... The stars of the future!
    and the present day:D
    at last, i ve been hearing their names some time now, good thing to see the are not only "promising",
    they are men of honor:pint:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    swag said:
    FWIW, Marchisio got my vote for best of the lot today. :agree:
    This kid is going to be a huge success. Did you catch his performances against Brescia and Napoli? He can be the next big thing!

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
    It would be alittle early to judge them now..lets wait a few more games and when we get back to Serie A, lets see how well they can do..

But good job toddat nonethe-less.. Cheers !

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Incredible!

I had to stop listening/following the match when it was 1-1, because I had to leave for a gig (Muse, no excuse. It was awesome, one of the best gigs I've seen in my young life).

So, here I am, bit drunk it's 4am... I log in to see how it's ended. Kinda expected a 1-1.
    Then I saw it 4-1. 4 fuckin 1. wowowow!!!! seems like our little Bianconeri wrecked some havock on Zdenek "Prick" Zeman's side, or what? Happy to see Boji and Palla score, still have to check out the goals in the multimedia section, but i bet Boji's second was something to see.
    Welcome De Ceglie, it's good to see youngsters perform. Welcome Venitucci, and Forza Marchisio, this kid will do it!!

Forza Didier! In two years, Crapello didn't use one youngster, so we all thought our primavera sucked, but Didier proved us the young juventini are full of talent, we just have to give them so confidence!

And thanks Greg for the report. I read it like I was following it live... unless I knew it was 4-1, anyway, thanks man!!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Geof said:
    Incredible!

I had to stop listening/following the match when it was 1-1, because I had to leave for a gig (Muse, no excuse. It was awesome, one of the best gigs I've seen in my young life).

So, here I am, bit drunk it's 4am... I log in to see how it's ended. Kinda expected a 1-1.
    Then I saw it 4-1. 4 fuckin 1. wowowow!!!! seems like our little Bianconeri wrecked some havock on Zdenek "Prick" Zeman's side, or what? Happy to see Boji and Palla score, still have to check out the goals in the multimedia section, but i bet Boji's second was something to see.
    Welcome De Ceglie, it's good to see youngsters perform. Welcome Venitucci, and Forza Marchisio, this kid will do it!!

Forza Didier! In two years, Crapello didn't use one youngster, so we all thought our primavera sucked, but Didier proved us the young juventini are full of talent, we just have to give them so confidence!

And thanks Greg for the report. I read it like I was following it live... unless I knew it was 4-1, anyway, thanks man!!
    Sounds like you had a great time, man! Concerts are always nice. I love 'em. 4-1 was a bit surprising, indeed, but we had to show that cigarette-smoking prune who's in charge!! :pint:

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Jem83 said:
    Sounds like you had a great time, man! Concerts are always nice. I love 'em. 4-1 was a bit surprising, indeed, but we had to show that cigarette-smoking prune who's in charge!! :pint:
    I did have a great time!
    And loved how Agricola was the only bianconero to shake hands with the big prick. Oh the irony!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)