Juventus - Lazio (5 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Anastacia ] ++

no oded, i remember at one stage we were trailing by 9 points. not towards the end, rather at the beginning or middle.
hmm.. maybe you mean the time we had these results:

Lecce 0-0 Juventus
Juventus 0-2 Roma :fero:
Juventus 3-3 Torino :fero:
Bologna 0-0 Juventus
Juventus 0-0 Inter
Verona 2-2 Juventus
Lazio 1-0 Juventus :fero:

-------------

maybe you right, but this have to be checked. but i have no idea where.

and if you remember, we were leading Lazio by 9 points 4 years ago, and they still came back from this at the end of the season and stole our scudetto

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 2, 2002
RIVALDO: 'Juventus are not k.o.'
16 December 2002 14:52

MILANELLO - Then Rivaldo is asked about football topical subjects: 'The Golden Boot to Ronaldo ? He is likely to win it', the Brazilian says. 'His two goals in the World Cup final against Germany were the difference.
About Juve he adds: 'Yesterday they were defeated but the season is long and they are still in the running for the Scudetto'.

Oct 2, 2002
from ac milan official site:

RIVALDO: 'Juventus are not k.o.'
16 December 2002 14:52

MILANELLO - Then Rivaldo is asked about football topical subjects: 'The Golden Boot to Ronaldo ? He is likely to win it', the Brazilian says. 'His two goals in the World Cup final against Germany were the difference.
About Juve he adds: 'Yesterday they were defeated but the season is long and they are still in the running for the Scudetto'.

Malamenga

Dec 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++

hmm.. maybe you mean the time we had these results:

Lecce 0-0 Juventus
Juventus 0-2 Roma :fero:
Juventus 3-3 Torino :fero:
Bologna 0-0 Juventus
Juventus 0-0 Inter
Verona 2-2 Juventus
Lazio 1-0 Juventus :fero:

-------------

maybe you right, but this have to be checked. but i have no idea where.

and if you remember, we were leading Lazio by 9 points 4 years ago, and they still came back from this at the end of the season and stole our scudetto
We didin't steal anything from you, u lost to perugia 0-2 fair and square. Have you already forgotten that we gave you the scudetto last season!!!???

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Malamenga ] ++

We didin't steal anything from you, u lost to perugia 0-2 fair and square. Have you already forgotten that we gave you the scudetto last season!!!???

i didnt forget, much thanks oh malamenga. we will give you a player for your gift to us...take davide baiocco off our hands...

btw we didnt lose fair and square, it was a swimming-pool....not a stadium.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
i'd like to give him a boot, but it wouldn't be any place comfortable :fero:
You really cracked me up on this one :LOL: I think he deserves it. The world cup being the best price in football and for Ronaldo to rise to the occassion was enough to earn him the boot, the Golden one not yours :p Especially since no one else was particularly outstanding .... ;)

supporter

Dec 10, 2002
I think that the best player in the hole year was Henery.

Ronaldo can face small teams like Mallorca. But he runs away when time to come to to san siro ot the noe camp.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Gee the mood in this topic is depressing. Lighten up, it's not like there are only couple of matches left till the end of the season ;) We have time, plenty of time to make up for it :)

I haven't seen the whole game due to the lovely weather in Turin, but a tape back home revealed the parts that were a bit blurry :D

I actually think that we didn't play all that bad :angel: Granted, there a few things that could be done differently (LEARNING FOR ONCE THAT LAZIO PLAYS ON COUNTERATTACK FOR STARTERS :rolleyes: ) but Lazio is playing great at the moment and they knew where we are most leathel -- DP -- totally marked him, so no surprize that we didn't creat much. Plus a nice move from Mancini to put the offensive Cesar in for the defensive Giannichedda at the last moment as the left Lazio side caused us trouble.

And what was all that talk about Nedved not deserving Juve's kit? :mad: Damn it! He's the only one out there who always, and you can be sure of that, plays 100%. He played injured and even scored (wonderful goal: star: ), was the best player in the first half IMO.

First Lazio goal was a result of lacking concentration after we scored. As for second, well I do not know, defense, fog, Buffon (even if it was his fault he surely made up for it as he made some miracles saves :star: ) … :undecided: Doesn't really matter, the thing that matters is that it came quite early in the game and we should bounce back. As we know we didn't :down:

I know that Trez is not fully fit yet, but he didn't play the whole game against Basel and there were 3 days in between the next game and there were no reports that he is feeling pain again … he could at least play one half IMO. Especially with Di Vaio and Salas soo not in form, as usual.

And what's up with Mauro? :down: Caught some Salas/Di Vaio virus? :scared:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Hello everyone boys and girls, young and not so young, old and new members, its been a while hope y'all are cool.

Actually I am in Washington at the moment but I did see the match before I came over and first of Turin is ridiculous this time of the year as it was so foggy that I could not see much of the play

But from what I saw in the first half we looked okay but we were dire in the second half

Buffon was superb to me and neither of the goals was his fault imo, ok he was off his line for the second but it was a superb strike and he could do lil about it. He is still IMHO , the best buy we have made in the last 10 years or so even if I feel he was way overpriced

Our defence aint so gr8 and to be fair on curent form only Thuram will be in the top 20 defenders in the world right now so its no surprise that Buffon is usually overworked

The midfield and I know they have their supporters on here but Juve cannot play fluent attacking football if both Tacchinardi and Zambrotta are in the team at the same time as they are both too leaden footed for me

Well I am sure its no coincidence that our best performances this season have been when Zambrotta is not playing

Tacchinardi is an adequate ball winner but not a great one and to be a top team you need a great ball winner/holding midfielder, the sort we are seriously lacking

Davids is a great player but he infuriates me as well as his team mates by holding on to the ball unnecessarily at times and his passing has gone to pieces

Nedved is with Dp the heart of the team and he is the only one of the midfielders who seemingly can pass and move but he is has cried of sick/injured against lazio twice now , the third time and I will be suspicious

Camo has had a gr8 start and from what I have been reading and judging by his performance or non performance against Lazio has gone off the boil which is worrying as he too can provide sparks that are so lacking in our play

Dp good old Del boy, my fave player but imo will never win European or world footballer of the year as that arrogance and cockiness he had as 20-24 year old has goen replaced by a very humble player. He dithers too much sometimes and i think he is conscious of that knee as the old Dp will not hesitate to shoot or go past players without thinking while this Dp is playing with maturity but has lost that bit of devil he used to have, the Dp zone seems to be a distant memory and those classical goals are no more occuring with regularity

Salas was shocking on the night and I am not surprised ppl have lost patience with him, not seen too much of him to judge but it might be in the best interest of everyone if he is allowed to leave

Di Vaio did nothing when he came on and I am surprised that ppl are expressing horrors when he misses cos even at Parma when he was scoring regularly he used to miss sitters in the bucketloads but he needs time to settle in and hopefully the managers and fans will not put him under undue pressure

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Malamenga ] ++

i know you didn't steal it, but that always what i say when something like this happens.

you didn't steal it, but it was in our hands and i was very sad we let it go so easy.

and no, i havn't forgotten the scudetto. Grazie Lazio!

but not now.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 7, Iuliano sv, Ferrara 6.5, Montero 6, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 5, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Del Piero 6.5, Salas 5, Di Vaio 5.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 5.5, Iuliano 5.5, Ferrara 5.5, Montero 6, Birindelli 5, Zambrotta 5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Camoranesi 5.5, Del Piero 5.5, Salas 5, Di Vaio 5.5.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 6, Thuram 6, Iuliano sv, Ferrara 5.5, Montero 6, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 5.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Camoranesi 5, Del Piero 5, Salas 5, Di Vaio 5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Iuliano 6.5, Ferrara 5.5, Montero
6, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 5.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 5.5, Nedved 6.5,
Camoranesi 5.5, Del Piero 5, Salas 4.5, Di Vaio 5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7, Thuram 5, Iuliano sv, Ferrara 5.5,
Montero 5.5, Birindelli 4.5, Zambrotta 5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5, Nedved
6.5, Camoranesi 5, Del Piero 5.5, Salas 4, Di Vaio 5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 5.5, Iuliano 6, Ferrara 5.5, Montero 5, Birindelli 5, Zambrotta 5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Camoranesi 5, Del Piero 5.5, Salas 4, Di Vaio 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)