Juve to lose their stripes + possible new away kit (6 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Vinman said:
I have always said that Nike DOESNT belong in soccer, that they should stick to running shoes, and basketball

Nike is a SHIT company when it comes to their soccer boots and jerseys, they are living proof that Americans dont know SHIT about soccer (except for a small minority that post here, like myself !!:D )

First, Nike changes our logo, and now they want to erase our stripes ?? HELL NO !!!!:ferocious :ferocious :wth:

Tradition may not mean anything to Nike, but its EVERYTHING to Juventus

I will NEVER buy another Juve shirt, or ANYTHING else from Nike if this happens
someone get Kappa or Adidas on the phone !!
Great Post :tup: +rep

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Vinman said:
I have always said that Nike DOESNT belong in soccer, that they should stick to running shoes, and basketball

Nike is a SHIT company when it comes to their soccer boots and jerseys, they are living proof that Americans dont know SHIT about soccer (except for a small minority that post here, like myself !!:D )

First, Nike changes our logo, and now they want to erase our stripes ?? HELL NO !!!!:ferocious :ferocious :wth:

Tradition may not mean anything to Nike, but its EVERYTHING to Juventus

I will NEVER buy another Juve shirt, or ANYTHING else from Nike if this happens

someone get Kappa or Adidas on the phone !!

I'm with you. Brilliant post, amico mio. :)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Erik said:
Sleeveless one-piece pink tight suits?
that was your idea? damn but then it will be just liek your evenng wear:oops:

i am in total agreement with vinman on this, the one thing that companies and globalmultinationalhighprofit executives cannot and will not understand is that the average working joe, the punter, the fan, the crazed maniac who spends all day on a forum for his favourite team (describes so many in one sentance) does not want to see their teams strip/traditons change. they do not want to see 100 years of ongoing tradition changed for a marketting gimic.

i ssuppose it is hard for them to undestand when their baseball,basketball and football teams are "franchises", there is no great tradition(though yankees, celtics,etc are few exceptions) no great tie to a city, or beliefs, most teams can move and rejuvinate themselves at will. however football is a whole different ball game and it is the traditions, the ties that bind that keep us close to the clubs we support.

if juve agree to this then i will not buy the shirt and i would urge all fellow juventini to do teh same, because at the end of the day nike dont care about joe public, they dont give a damn about the fans, dont even care about the kids who work in the sweatshops producing their gear. we can hit them in the pocket, loss of strip sales, means loss of finance and this is all that they understand

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
This reminds me of how americans (Malcolm Glazer) pissed off man utd fans.. I guess we are being treated in a similar manner but nowhere near that level.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ESS-Juventino said:
No at all.. business & economical trend ruins everything...After that red kit now this is second.. do you know anybody who has bought that red jersey?
ehhhhhhhhh me:oops: its just coz i wasnt man enough to pull off the pink one:D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
its a shame wat this company is doing really and we r stuck with them for a long time.

I miss the tight kappa shirts , really liked those.

but i think we can fight the decision and i think the management will try its best to fight as they r old school.
Another thing thats in our advantage is that , they r offering barca the samething.And they wouldn't stand for it one bit.So two teams position is better than one

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
This is unbelieveable. I didn't like the NIKE-deal at all, we got off to a bad start with the changing of our logo. I liked Kappa, Lotto a lot - NIKE seems to be a company that just has no idea what tradition means.

It would be harder than any loss on the field, if Juve had to play in this crappy designer-shirts. :(

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
serfaraaz said:
Juventus are reportedly considering a radical shirt re-design which may see their trademark black and white stripes disappear.

Stories in the peninsula on Thursday suggest that sportswear giants Nike, who have a 12-year contract in place with the Turin giants, want the outfit to rejuvenate their skin.

Although Juventus have been playing in black and white striped shirts since they were brought over from Nottingham in the early 1900s, Nike have offered to give the Old Lady a facelift.

The American firm will obviously look to keep the black and white theme going, but they would like to get rid of the stripes.

It’s understood that they have come up with a two-band colour jersey, one half in black and the other in white.

They are said to have contacted Barcelona and Atletico Madrid with the same proposal, with the capital outfit accepting the switch.

However, it’s unclear at this time whether Juventus will agree to the controversial move which will undoubtedly annoy traditionalists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no way, go to hell Nike

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Do not blame Nike for trying out new products. Blame our directors for accepting such a ridiculous amendment if they indeed agree to Nike's design. Black and White stripes is our tradition and if our management decides to throw them to the wind it rests solely on their shoulders. Hopefully they will have more sense than that...but you never know.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Andy said:
Do not blame Nike for trying out new products. Blame our directors for accepting such a ridiculous amendment if they indeed agree to Nike's design. Black and White stripes is our tradition and if our management decides to throw them to the wind it rests solely on their shoulders. Hopefully they will have more sense than that...but you never know.
Nah, it's Juventus. Anything for money...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Andy said:
I agree, Nike's reputation in new products and marketing is well known long before today, it is not them to blame.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Andy said:
ok, go to hell juventus management then :p

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Don't blame Nike?
Blame our directors?

Its the same'ol US policy...economic pressure, pressure, pressure.

I bet if we do accept this, then its becuase Nike put alot of pressure with their 12 year bargaining power....

Although I don't see any bad intentions of Nike to change our design since its in their interest to make our shirts sellable....they just don't have RESPECT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)