Juve to lose their stripes + possible new away kit (1 Viewer)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Juventus are reportedly considering a radical shirt re-design which may see their trademark black and white stripes disappear.

Stories in the peninsula on Thursday suggest that sportswear giants Nike, who have a 12-year contract in place with the Turin giants, want the outfit to rejuvenate their skin.

Although Juventus have been playing in black and white striped shirts since they were brought over from Nottingham in the early 1900s, Nike have offered to give the Old Lady a facelift.

The American firm will obviously look to keep the black and white theme going, but they would like to get rid of the stripes.

It’s understood that they have come up with a two-band colour jersey, one half in black and the other in white.

They are said to have contacted Barcelona and Atletico Madrid with the same proposal, with the capital outfit accepting the switch.

However, it’s unclear at this time whether Juventus will agree to the controversial move which will undoubtedly annoy traditionalists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No harm done. We're playing like Siena, might as well look like them too.

PS: On a more serious note. I dont get Nike's problem. Sure, be creative, experiment, but not with traditional design. Juve have earned their stripes (pun intended) and I dont see any reason they should be done away with. It can never go out of fashion. Now, if somebody would just put Kappa on the line.

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
%&#"??!!arghh WTF...this is a joke right
1. we go out to arsenal, with what 5 shotattemps total over 2 matches
2. milan is closing the gap
3. capello is bringing more and more old friend, who ain't good enough, lately dacourt is being mentioned!!!

and now this?? nike trying to scratch the stripes, fuck nike
what's next...the board announcing the new stadiumsplans with 35000 capacity!!!

april most the worst month ever

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
baggio said:
No harm done. We're playing like Siena, might as well look like them too.
:lol: true,

Personally the stipes for me plays part in a lot of sentimental memories.. I would go against the move but heck what matters most is having a better influence in europe.. not by the colour of shirts but rather the way we challenge for the trophies. On the positive side.. we will still be black and white so no harm done..

Just to add I dont think nike should interfere with playing with our traditional colours so to that sense I agree with fight club.. and Juve shouldnt be too naive to just accept their plans.

Gasbarroni

Accelerati Incredibilus
Dec 15, 2005
If this is true I will never buy a Juve jersey for the rest of my life until the stripes are back! And I hope every Juve fan in the world does the same!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Until I read or hear an official statement, I won't believe in any of these reports.
Juventus' home jersey without black and white stripes? C'mon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)