Juve: the second revloution? J. Elkann planning ahead (6 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I am waiting for a sign he cares about Juve. Thats the most important thing, if he does, he wouldnt need to do much to improve our dire sitaution.

It might be lack of information and him hardly being involved with anything remotely connected to Juve except for smile for the cameras, but I doubt he sees us as anything more then a minor insignifcant prestigigious trophy company in a long line of several daugher companies.

But if bothers to give a damn (your news are just rumours, if they are founded on reality, I would be extatic), I would think he would be savvy enough owner to straighten things out. Not that he is a football man, but straigten them out by getting football men who can deal with things.

I really hope we take back Bettega, triade connection or not.
:agree:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
wenger would be great, coach, director of football, anything. but i don't thin that there's a chance in hell he'll end up here any time soon

Aug 1, 2003
Speaking of what is up with Lapo too?

Well we can't know for sure what's going on in J Elkann's mind but I guess some of us have our qualms about him because like many pointed out he has yet to really 'show' his affection for Juve other than empty words.

Even if he cares for Juve as a businessman and hopefully will make the necessary changes and let the experts run the club, the thought of him heading Juve is quite sad in a way for me. It just doesn't seem that he cares for Juve like Gianni and Umberto did, and our history is so closely tied to them and we owe them a lot for their passion. I've lost count of how many times Alex talks about them and post Calciopoli Ale and Nedved both reiterated that they stayed to honor the Agnellis. If we just have a 'businessman' to head Juve I fear we will lose our 'heart', something we Juve fans understand. I think Juve in a way just wouldn't be Juve anymore.

Too dramatic?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Speaking of what is up with Lapo too?

Well we can't know for sure what's going on in J Elkann's mind but I guess some of us have our qualms about him because like many pointed out he has yet to really 'show' his affection for Juve other than empty words.

Even if he cares for Juve as a businessman and hopefully will make the necessary changes and let the experts run the club, the thought of him heading Juve is quite sad in a way for me. It just doesn't seem that he cares for Juve like Gianni and Umberto did, and our history is so closely tied to them and we owe them a lot for their passion. I've lost count of how many times Alex talks about them and post Calciopoli Ale and Nedved both reiterated that they stayed to honor the Agnellis. If we just have a 'businessman' to head Juve I fear we will lose our 'heart', something we Juve fans understand. I think Juve in a way just wouldn't be Juve anymore.
Too dramatic?
:agree: totally agree with you.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Excuse the goal.com article, but its vital to this topic, and it has direct quotes, not just speculation:

Juve Shareholders String Up Secco
Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has had plenty of explaining to do to angry shareholders who are demanding answers to the club's poor summer signings at the annual general meeting taking place today in Turin...

Around 70 of the 150 shareholders are at the meeting and many of them are furious with the way the club has spent their money on players who have underperformed so far.

Gigli is pleased with everything as he tries to play down Alessio Secco's choices in the transfer market but others have vented their fury at the club.

"It's been a year rich with great satisfactions," said Gigli as reported by Tuttosport.com.

"The year has led the club to build for the future in terms of making important decisions."

However, Gigli's words as well as Juve's recent success over Real Madrid and Turin have done nothing to silence the shareholders who are angry with how the money has been spent on players who have been poor on the pitch.

Vittorio Salvadori, who is a major shareholder at the club, is demanding answers and he has vented his fury towards the board and, in particular, sporting director Alessio Secco who is responsible for the transfers.

"Over €121m has been spent since 2006 on the transfer market," said Salvadori.

"With this money, we could have constructed a team stronger than the one Fabio Capello had at his disposal, instead, mediocre players have arrived, if anything they are only good for the rubbish bin," referring to Tiago, Jorge Andrade and Sergio Almiron.

"The only champion who has come in is Amauri but a lot of money was spent on him as well. Vincenzo Iaquinta also cost too much and he is left on the bench.

"What makes me laugh is that the directors say they fought Torino for Knezevic with pride, a Livorno defender who conceded so many goals last season."

Juventus have not been too impressive this season. Their recent success has not done anything to silence the angry shareholders who want more for their money.

The Bianconeri travel to Bologna on Wednesday night and they will be hoping for a positive result.

--------------------------

We wanted some accountability for this poor excuse of Management, with Secco being the big issue, I think its nice enough its atleast coming from the shareholders. Even if would have been preferely if it was from the majority owner instead of minor shareholders.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
One of the shareholders at the meeting decided not to ask his question in exchange of an applause to Roberto Bettega who was surprisingly attending. A big roar was heard with Bobby visibly emotional.

:tup:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has had plenty of explaining to do to angry shareholders who are demanding answers to the club's poor summer signings at the annual general meeting taking place today in Turin...

Around 70 of the 150 shareholders are at the meeting and many of them are furious with the way the club has spent their money on players who have underperformed so far.

Gigli is pleased with everything as he tries to play down Alessio Secco's choices in the transfer market but others have vented their fury at the club.

"It's been a year rich with great satisfactions," said Gigli as reported by Tuttosport.com.

"The year has led the club to build for the future in terms of making important decisions."

However, Gigli's words as well as Juve's recent success over Real Madrid and Turin have done nothing to silence the shareholders who are angry with how the money has been spent on players who have been poor on the pitch.

Vittorio Salvadori, who is a major shareholder at the club, is demanding answers and he has vented his fury towards the board and, in particular, sporting director Alessio Secco who is responsible for the transfers.

"With this money, we could have constructed a team stronger than the one Fabio Capello had at his disposal, instead, mediocre players have arrived, if anything they are only good for the rubbish bin," referring to Tiago, Jorge Andrade and Sergio Almiron.

"The only champion who has come in is Amauri but a lot of money was spent on him as well. Vincenzo Iaquinta also cost too much and he is left on the bench.

"What makes me laugh is that the directors say they fought Torino for Knezevic with pride, a Livorno defender who conceded so many goals last season."
Juventus have not been too impressive this season. Their recent success has not done anything to silence the angry shareholders who want more for their money.

The Bianconeri travel to Bologna on Wednesday night and they will be hoping for a positive result.

Whoever that Vittorio Salvadori guy is, i love him.....

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
One of the shareholders at the meeting decided not to ask his question in exchange of an applause to Roberto Bettega who was surprisingly attending. A big roar was heard with Bobby visibly emotional.

I heart heart heart heart Bettega!!!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Excuse the goal.com article, but its vital to this topic, and it has direct quotes, not just speculation:

We wanted some accountability for this poor excuse of Management, with Secco being the big issue, I think its nice enough its atleast coming from the shareholders. Even if would have been preferely if it was from the majority owner instead of minor shareholders.
I think Cobolli and Secco should be lynched. I really do.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

:touched: lets hope something comes out of all this. They need to realise that help is needed in the football department. Blanc is doing well in an operational and marketing sense but i would prefer if he handles only that with someone handling the football matters. I really hope that person is Bettega.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)