Juve: the second revloution? J. Elkann planning ahead (3 Viewers)

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Just compare FIAT's reaction to Ferrari getting spied on to their reaction when Juve got spied on.

FIAT dont care about Juventus, and I'm not even sure they care about it from an economic point of view either, since any profitability Juve manages is meaningless compared to FIAT's other business interest which rake in a total profit of 2+ billion euro's

John Elkann is probably a fan, but I doubt he cares enough to take money out of his own pocket, like Gianni did.
the latter didnt see it as an investment or even a bit of fun, it was a part of him as a person, its like all of us on here its the same thing

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
On the surface, it seems like Elkan doesn't care. He talks to the media with same old words, a little bit neglected. But when I think of those following factors, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

1. Juve always comes along with FIAT as a symbol for its development and wealth. In nowadays marketplace, marketing is very important so there are great chances Elkan knows he should build Juve as a winning club again and as a strategy icon for FIAT business.

2. I guess Elkan is quite reticent and laconic. He maybe shows to be neglected but otherwise, he's considering to find a way to change the situation. Maybe right now is not a right time to say anything about changes, a prudent and wise man uses his words very carefully.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Good thread Geof, here is my take on the situation.

I don't think that he doesn't care about the club as it apparently seems as he was very close to his grandfather apparently and one would think he would inherit that with all the money from him. IMO he is just focusing more on stabilising FIAT and establish himself on top of the tree as Montezemolo is still the top dog. I don't know when will we see the reaction from him towards the club(if any) but certainly he won't just sit there and see the club ( as jack and osman point out) a business component just sink while it has potential. It is obvious that the incompetence of the current members will be magnified by the day this season, as it hasn't been covered with the euphoria of winning.

Another point i wanted to bring up is about Andrea Agnelli, where would he be in all of this. He was on the news a days back if am not mistaken stating something about the situation. He is Umberto's grandson and he actually worked for juve( marketing or something) before and he is on the FIAT board. Maybe he could be interested in running the club if John has not motivation for it.

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
Who is marrotta of sampdoria? Has he achieved something? Looks like there is a possibility of him bringing cassano in eh?
Anyway i'd like to comment on the situation, first of all we really need a revolution in the management, because under this management which has a bad image, we simply cannot attract quality players... And we really need a high profile person in the management to gain positive image, and IMO bettega would fit... And also im thinking that selling the club is not an option in elkann's head considering the club's position is not as the old day and it seems that if he sells it right now would mean a loss in the opportunity cost, so IMO whatever the decision elkann's making might be a way to find a solution to the crisis...
So i say support elkann and scream for the club's management revolution!

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
If he is smart enough, he will think wisely, and find all (RIGHT) replacements for required positions first. I don't want to have another Secco or CR, or Blanc and do all this again. Let's do all this at the end of contracts next summer, in a nice way, with GREAT replacements, with right people which we will keep for 3-4 years or more. I really don't know why, but i feel that Spaletti, Mancini, DD, Ramos, and yes Prandeli are not big time winners..

We cant go lower than this , even we would probably loose tonight again..

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
So far he doesn't sound like a guy who wants to make changes. 1st he's too busy in the States and 2nd he sounded like a guy who wants the guys in place to stay even if things continue sinking. bah!

David01

Aug 20, 2006
So far he doesn't sound like a guy who wants to make changes. 1st he's too busy in the States and 2nd he sounded like a guy who wants the guys in place to stay even if things continue sinking. bah!
and how did you come to that conclusion?
in this era it doesn't matter where you are, you'll know what's going on in Italy
we know all about Juve and we live all over this planet
and secondly you can hardly expect anyone to say that the coach and/or management is getting the sack right before a game against Real
I believe John and his advisors have a number of scenario's ready to be used depending on the circumstances and opportunities
that's what every decent manager would do

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
yeah but we have decent managers?

"fare quadrato"

fare quadrato means:

- unity, stay compact, believe, fight...

Mar 30, 2006
Just compare FIAT's reaction to Ferrari getting spied on to their reaction when Juve got spied on.

FIAT dont care about Juventus, and I'm not even sure they care about it from an economic point of view either, since any profitability Juve manages is meaningless compared to FIAT's other business interest which rake in a total profit of 2+ billion euro's

John Elkann is probably a fan, but I doubt he cares enough to take money out of his own pocket, like Gianni did.
You compare Mercedes spying on Ferrari with Police wiretapping Juventus Directors?

We don't know much about John Elkan to know what his plans are for the club but it does not stop people from speculating .. a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)