Juve: the second revloution? J. Elkann planning ahead (4 Viewers)

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
under the triade we were more man utd mould, strong merchandising sales in china, bigger sponsorship deal than man utd with tamoil over 12 mill a year from nike, and a good tv deal. now. now we're more of the mould of retards in charge who dont know how to spend the money correctly.
actually i have to disagree with u on this point, financially we are in a good situation considering we were in serie B, had a dramatic decrease in income, but the did a great job in maintaining the club at the highest level. i don't think any club in the world could have this meltdown and still makes a profit which is what the did. in sport term they are just not u to that level

Jul 2, 2006
goal dot com article but this is important

John Elkann To Become Juventus President In 2009?

Cobolli Gigli's contract as the president of the Bianconeri will expire next summer and Elkann wants to take his place.

The Agnelli family could return officially at the top of the Juventus empire from 2009 as Giovanni Cobolli Gigli's contract with the Old Lady will come at an end in June.

John Elkann has in fact always been very close to the Bianconeri and according to Cronaca Qui, the scenario of seeing an Agnelli family member as president of the club is very realistic at this point.

If this was the case, then Elkan would be the fourth Agnelli to become president of Juventus, following Edoardo, Gianni and Umberto Agnelli.

Even his brother, Lapo Elkann could find space in the Old Lady's ranks as a director, considering his enthusiasm and love for the famous black and white colours.

Cobolli Gigli took over the presidency of the club following the Calciopoli scandal and since then the Agnelli family have been working hard to give back to Juventus the image of a much cleaner club.

Do you think Cobolli Gigli should continue as president of the club? Or should the Agnelli family take back the club? Do you agree with John Elkann as president? Let us know!

Glenn Debattista

more interesting article from channel4

Agnelli family increase Juve role

The Agnelli family is set to take a more commanding role at Juventus in 2009, but blasted the Calciopoli trial as “a kangaroo court.”

Since the death of patriarchs Gianni and Umberto Agnelli in recent years, the FIAT owners have been less hands-on in their dealings with the club, but that is set to change.

There are reports John Elkann – the son of Margherita Agnelli and Alain Elkann – has been a regular fixture at the games, including when they dropped into Serie B, and next summer he is tipped to become the new Juve President.

Current chief Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was appointed in the wake of Calciopoli and his contract expires at the end of this season.

Elkann would be the fourth member of the Agnelli family to inhabit the role of President after Edoardo, Gianni and Umberto.

Meanwhile, Andrea Agnelli confirms the Bianconeri are firmly in the hands of his dynasty.

“While the family remains united, Juventus will be untouched. That’s the way it worked when my uncle and father were around and it will remain the case,” the son of Umberto told Tuttosport.

“Calciopoli was a kangaroo court, because it was dictated by the strict time limits. In two weeks of discussion at the Olimpico we never even got the chance to read the paperwork of the trial, as the calendars had to be drawn up.

“There is also another type of justice system, the real courts that take far longer and only at the conclusion of those trials can we understand what Calciopoli really was. I invite people to have patience.”

Disgraced general manager Luciano Moggi is promising big surprises when the trial begins in Naples in 2009, but Agnelli has another warning.

“Juventus did not only play and win in Italy. They also conquered the Champions League, UEFA Cup and European Super Cup, not to mention the Intercontinental title in 1996 in Tokyo and reaching more Champions League Finals.

“I would also note we had three Ballon d’Or winners in Zinedine Zidane, Pavel Nedved and Fabio Cannavaro. There were piles of Juve players in the 2006 World Cup Final. Make of that what you will.”

He also had a message for Inter President Massimo Moratti, who insists the Nerazzurri should’ve had more than the 2005-06 title reassigned to them.

“I love Massimo, but the fact he always goes back to the same thing means he’s stuck there. In my view there are no clean or dirty Scudetti, only titles and that is all.”

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I always kept the faith and warned people that it will take patience until things fall into pieces. We will be a force again very soon. Juventus is too powerful to be destroyed and our opponents will realise it in the hard way. There is no place here for moaning fans.

JUVE_4_Eva

Dec 23, 2008
Big change is needed in Juventus. Agnelli family should take back the club. This is the perfect time. Alot of things needs to be sorted out. We cant move on like this.

FORZA JUVE

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our owners have always had greater plans set in motion.
The current situation is nothing but the in-between faze of our future development.
Since the squad is now stable, our income and prestige somewhat restored.
It is the right moment for those youngsters to hope in and bring a new hope
and hopefully some increased funds and exp assistants.
Because this what we need, if we are to make that leap of quality!
The Elkann wouldnt dare to take the risk and harm their image, by leading our team and wasting all those years in some places, far beyond our rightfully place.
Right at the highest competition.

One way or another, i think these chances will benefit Juve, the Agnelli family would dont anything possible to prevent failure and that would mean that we will have more resources and the necessary political/background support to do better than we do now.

Even if they fail, they ,might finally to pull off and sell Juve to someone who care more, or is able to do more than them...

I cant wait for these big changes to take place, we have wasted enough time...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
actually i have to disagree with u on this point, financially we are in a good situation considering we were in serie B, had a dramatic decrease in income, but the did a great job in maintaining the club at the highest level. i don't think any club in the world could have this meltdown and still makes a profit which is what the did. in sport term they are just not u to that level
i said under the triade, aka moggi,giraudo,bettega, to whom we owe alot to for allowing juve to have something to fall back on whilst in serie B

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it will definitely be a positive move, they have been distant from Juve these past couple of years...just wondering why they didn't do it earlier...perhaps they were waiting to see how Juve would cope on its return to Serie A/CL

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
jeez get the pom-poms away girls, he has spouted a few fanciful quotes and nothing here is directly from john elkaan so forget the fanfare and get off the bandwagon. until i hear or see definitive action i ain't gonna get my hopes up

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Interesting article.

I suppose there is likely to be a lot of speculation over the coming months as to who will be the new president.

My initial reaction was similar to Mark and Vin's: it's potentially exciting, but I'd want an explanation for why they weren't willing to get involved a few years back when the club was in trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)