Juve player"s Nicknames?? (2 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ehfvkfao ] ++
I want know all juve player"s Nicknames.

I know
Del piero:"Pinturicchio"
Trezeguet:"Trezegoal"
Buffon:"Gigi","Superman"
Tacchinardi:"Angel face"

Another players nick name??
especially ruben olivera??
:)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Pessotto: il professore
Olivera: el pollo
Zalayeta: Il panterone, the big panther

I think, but I'm not 100% sure:

Montero: la pigna
Trezeguet, I heard fans calling him also "le roi david"
Thuram, il filosofo, the philosopher

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
pollo = chicken, in italian ;)
But the nickname was given him in his country, so I don't know if in spanish the meaning is the same and why they call him this way

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
In one of the Hurrà Juventus of this year there were the nicknames of a lot of players, that played for juve in the last 100 years. Do you want me to post them here?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
pollo = chicken, in italian ;)
But the nickname was given him in his country, so I don't know if in spanish the meaning is the same and why they call him this way
Yes, means the same...

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
In one of the Hurrà Juventus of this year there were the nicknames of a lot of players, that played for juve in the last 100 years. Do you want me to post them here?
Yeah! post them!:cool:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
You can find pictures and informations of most of them here
http://www.juventus1897.it/GiocatoriHome.asp

Ok, let's start with the players from 1897 to 1930 :

Luigi Durantei (keeper of the scudetto winners of 1905): Mi appello, I appeal. That's what he used to say when he disagreed with the decisions of the ref.

Giuseppe Hess (LB and president from 1913 to 1915): Bino. No one has ever discovered why.

Valerio Bona: Zio Bomba, Uncle bomb. Because of the way he used to shot (?) penalties.

Sandro Zambelli: Zambo. Because of his surname.

Ferenc Hirzer: Gazzella, gazelle. Bacause of his speedness and his agility in scoring when he was near the goal.

Pio Marchi I: Aviatik, something like aviator. because of hat he used to wear, that resembled to the ones used by aviators.

Guido Marchi (midfielder): Biscutin, Biscuit. Because of his sweetness and calmness. Also called Marchino (little Marchi), because he was the younger in the Marchi family.

Giuseppe Tiroidi: Geppo

Luigi Cevenini III: Zizì

Piero Pastore: Brillantina, it is something that people put on their hair to make them more brilliant. He was called so because of his resemblance with Rodolfo Valentino

Luigi Allemandi: Gigione. Comes form his name

TBC

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Players of the “quinquennio” (1930-35). Juve won 5 scudettos in a row at the time ;)

Giampiero Combi (Goalkeeper): Fusetta, “lightning” in piemontese dialect. It’s because he was fast as a lightning.

Virginio Rosetta: Viri. It’s because of his name.

Umberto Caligaris: Caliga. It’s because of his surname.

Felice Placido Borel: Farfallino, little butterfly. It’s because of his perfect and elegant dribblings.

Renato Cesarini (also trainer in the Sivori-era): Cè. Because of his surname.

Luisito Monti: Centromediano che cammina, Central midfielder that walks. Many said that he was not that fast ;) Also called “Doble Ancho” because of his large shulders.

Federico Munerati: Ricciolo, curl. Because of his hair. Also called Mune, abbreviation of his surname.

Raimondo Orsi: Mumo.

Guglielmo Gabetto: Il barone, the baron. Because of his elegance.

Giovanni Ferrari: Gioanin. “Giovanni” in the dialect of Milan. (btw, he, along with Furino, owns the record of scudettos, 8)

Pietro Sernagiotto: Ministrinho. He was called like this when he lived in Brasil.

Giovanni Vecchina: Nane. “Giovanni” in piemontese dialect

Giovanni Mazzonis: Stalin. He was very strict with the players and wanted rules to be respected.

TBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)