Juve player"s Nicknames?? (2 Viewers)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Di Livio: Soldatino
Torricelli: Geppetto
Peruzzi: Tyson but also "Cinghialone" (big wild boar)
Ravanelli: Penna Bianca

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
You can find pictures and informations of most of them here
http://www.juventus1897.it/GiocatoriHome.asp

Ok, let's start with the players from 1897 to 1930 :

Luigi Durantei (keeper of the scudetto winners of 1905): Mi appello, I appeal. That's what he used to say when he disagreed with the decisions of the ref.

Giuseppe Hess (LB and president from 1913 to 1915): Bino. No one has ever discovered why.

Valerio Bona: Zio Bomba, Uncle bomb. Because of the way he used to shot (?) penalties.

Sandro Zambelli: Zambo. Because of his surname.

Ferenc Hirzer: Gazzella, gazelle. Bacause of his speedness and his agility in scoring when he was near the goal.

Pio Marchi I: Aviatik, something like aviator. because of hat he used to wear, that resembled to the ones used by aviators.

Guido Marchi (midfielder): Biscutin, Biscuit. Because of his sweetness and calmness. Also called Marchino (little Marchi), because he was the younger in the Marchi family.

Giuseppe Tiroidi: Geppo

Luigi Cevenini III: Zizì

Piero Pastore: Brillantina, it is something that people put on their hair to make them more brilliant. He was called so because of his resemblance with Rodolfo Valentino

Luigi Allemandi: Gigione. Comes form his name

TBC
Ok thanks or the link.
And all of those nicks was interresting:thumb:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Nedved: Furia Ceca!
Tacchinardi: I call him Babyface
Zlatan: Known as 'Zorro' in the Gazzetta.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
al dhabet was the world's top scorer in 2002 can u believe it ... so he is much much much better then our zala

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
zalayta's nickname is "al dhabet"

Only the fans of juve in the arabian gulf will get it
You mean the Omani striker Ahmad?? hani aldhabit?? i dont really see the connection ...enliten me ahmad...

Oh and btw congrats for the great Omani team you have their!! I really cheered for u guys in the GCC final :down::down:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
oh and as long as we are talking arabic nicknames...

there is one for nedved "al zibaqi"...i dont really know how to translate this to english but i guess its "mercury man" ...kind of like that mercury dude in the movie terminator...cuz Nedved is everywhere on the pitch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)