Juve interested in Barbie ? (1 Viewer)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
If Trez left I would say Hunter as I don't think the two could play together and Hunter would be a direct replacement.

If Trez stayed I would say Berbatov as he has the movement and vision to be able to provide for Trez and form a partnership with him.
I don't think we will sign Berbatov as substitute player especially for that kind of money, he could only join us only if Trez leaves and I still doubt it cuz he just settled in EPL and ManU is also after him and he will become their first choice striker to play alongside Rooney.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Bulgarian Striker Berbatov Wins Tottenham Award

Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov won the Fans' Player of the Year award at his club, Tottenham Hotspurs.

He received the award on Sunday at the end of the club's last league game of the season against Manchester City at Tottenham's ground, White Hart Lane.

Berbatov scored his team's second goal in the 2-1 win, with which the club secured fifth place in the English Premier League for a second year running, as well as UEFA Cup football next year.

Berbatov's goal on Sunday was his 23rd in his first season at Spurs, finishing top of the scorers table at the club, which he joined last summer in a GBP 10,6 M transfer from Bayer Leverkusen.

"Dimitar is happy. Maybe I spoke to him a bit more lately to tell him how popular he is, but maybe I don't have to tell him," Tottenham manager Martin Jol said after the game.

"He knows, he's a sensitive guy and loves it over here so I see no reason for him to think differently," added Jol.

Berbatov has proved to be a massive hit in England, with fans and pundits alike, and is rumoured to be on the wishlist of Manchester United, Chelsea and Juventus, who are expected to test Tottenham's resolve to keep hold of the Bulgarian in the summer transfer window.

Novinite

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
United And Real Madrid Sniffing Around Unsettled Berbatov?

Tottenham are currently a club in turmoil on and off the pitch after an extraordinary week of speculation, so it is almost inevitable that reports will begin to circulate that their biggest asset is on the way out of the club.

Few expected Dimitar Berbatov to stay this summer after producing one of the best performances in a debut Premiership season following his £10.9m move from Bayer Leverkusen a year ago.

However, he has remained loyal to Spurs despite interest from Manchester United as the North London club very much appeared to be going in the right direct, but after a hugely damaging week it seems an offer of pastures new may now be more tempting for the Bulgarian.

The Daily Mail reports that there is a £21m offer from United on the table for Berbatov, while the Daily Star suggested that Real Madrid are prepared to force Tottenham's hand with a £20m offer.

What ever has been going on inside White Hart Lane this week it seems unlikely the club are any more inclined to sell their star striker than they were back in May, but will the player be so keen on spending a season with a team that are doing their best to implode?

goal.com

Apr 12, 2004
I don't get it he is not good enough for Juve but enough good for the likes of ManU and Barca :disagree: I really hate so called Juve-material pronoun...

But I must admit his asking price is too much :agree:
This is the best post in here.
i would say Canoute or Zigic.
Would say you can't spell.
I remember 1 or 2 years ago people here saying that Berbaov is average at best, and nothing special
I wasn't I watched him a lot in the Bundesliga and I wanted Bayern to get him. So I think he is better than DP is right now because of age and all'at.
I think you mean Ken ! :rofl:
:lol2:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
United deny Berbatov interest

Manchester United have "categorically" denied they have made enquiries to Tottenham about striker Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgarian's agent had claimed the Premier League champions were interested in signing the goal ace, but United chief executive David Gill insisted no move has been made.

"We have categorically not made a bid for Dimitar Berbatov," Gill said.

Earlier, Emil Danchev had told Bulgarian Darik radio: "We had a 90-minute meeting with Tottenham's chairman Daniel Levy and with sporting director Damien Comolli over Dimitar's future.

"They informed us that there's a query from Manchester United about the possibility of Berbatov joining them."

The Premier League champions were rumoured to be tracking the 26-year-old earlier in the summer, although no official approach was made.

Danchev added: "They [Tottenham] let us believe that they want Dimitar to stay for another season because they have ambitions to finish among top four teams in the Premiership but they told us they'll have a meeting in the next day or two to decide his future."

Berbatov was a revelation since arriving in England from Bayer Leverkusen at the beginning of last season scoring 12 league goals during his debut campaign. That kind of form prompted Spurs boss Martin Jol to claim he would "rather die than sell him".

Spurs meet United at Old Trafford in a Premier League clash on Sunday.

eurosport

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Berbatov ends move speculation

Dimitar Berbatov has ended the speculation surrounding his future as a Tottenham player by confirming he will stay at the club.

Berbatov's agent last week declared Manchester United had enquired about the possibility of the Bulgaria striker moving to Old Trafford, only for United to later deny the claim.

And now the 26-year-old has pledged his immediate future to the north London club, although he did not rule out the possibility of a move elsewhere later in his career.

"I chose to join Tottenham last season, now I'm staying at the club through my own free will. At least for now," Berbatov told Bulgarian Football Weekly.

"No one said that United didn't have interest in me and my price in general but it has to be clear that there will not be a move for now."

Berbatov has been a revelation since moving to White Hart Lane from Bayer Leverkusen last season, prompting Spurs boss Martin Jol - who has endured a tough period of late - to say he "would rather die than sell Berbatov".

Berbatov added: "There has been a lot of speculation but all I can say now is that this saga has strengthened [Tottenham manager Martin] Jol's position and that the club's board decided to raise my salary."

Spurs fell to defeat against United on Sunday, leaving them with just three points from four games since the start of the new campaign.

eurosport

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)