Juve Fever ?? (4 Viewers)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
The idea of this thread comes when i was reading a post written by azzurigirl.

This is great news. At first I told myself I didn't care if he stayed or left but I was very impressed at his play with Vicenza and he seemed to have a great game vs. Crotone. His skill level is obviously very high compared to some of our players. He will be an enormous help for us to get back to A quickly and perhaps even win Serie B. I think the spirit of the team has been infectious and he has caught "Juve Fever" and wants to help the team. For all our sakes I hope he stays.

Then I thought it would awesome to open a thread about the atmosphere surrouding juventus right now : new era ( qualified by alex as the end of terrorism) , new coach, new policy ( giving more play-time to out youngsters), the hunger of our attacks, the hunger of seeing juventus. In the other hand, the losses caused to tv and some newspapers. I believe every one here will come out with some statements like " well it's obvious mate", still this is an historic year for juventus : Comittment from world champions : alex, buffon - the joy new players had when joining the team, new atmosphere and environnement which makes camo so emotiannal now and wants to stay in turin. I mean wow how could this calciopoli or this demotion come out with all this ????

Juventus is a great team with great fans !
What do u think about all this stuff ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Wow Zizoufan I was surprised but happy to see a thread born from something I mentioned in a post.

I do think a new era has begun for Juventus. There is a special and different kind of spirit to the team these days. It's the older players inspiring the younger/newer ones. It the common goal they share to get Juve back to Serie A...an adversity that this team has never had to face or even think about in days past. It's the fans whereever Juve plays, the sold out stadiums, the enormous support from Juve fans.

It's Ale's emotional letter to the fans

It's Gigi's desire to stay and face the challenge of Serie B, turning down other good offers

It's Nedved's commitment

It's our new and very good manager, a former Juve player

It's Trez's statement that he wants to stay and help his teammates get back to Serie A

It's Bojinov saying how much Ale and Trez inspire him to do better

It's Camo turning the fans whistles into applause by playing with heart and dedication (yes, I know he's moody)

It's the younger players grateful for the opportunity to show what they can do and making real contributions to winning

It's the fans with their banners and their songs and chanting. It's visiting the other cities and people coming to the stadiums glad for the chance to see Juventus play.

It's a very emotionally charged time for this team. A sort of "fever". You would have to be made of stone not to be affected by it. I think it has touched Camo now and he will continue to play with dedication.

I'll close with a comment I heard on RAI on Giostra del gol...when a sportswriter was asked if Juve lost a lot of fan because of this calciopoli the sportswriter responded...Juve now has MORE fans than before. I guess it's easier to love the underdog!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree as well but the way i see it is that whenever something bad happens in life that is when you learn the truth about things **- we have all experienced this -**:

- that is the time when we learn about who is truly loyal to you
- who is gonna be there for you
- what your strengths and weaknesses are
- what the intentions of those around you are
- what your limits and capabilities are

bottom line is that after all the smoke has cleared we have learned who the real bianconeri are - the players who did the rite thing by staying with the old lady and us fans who still cheer for them. the garbage that this team was cluttered with is gone, the crap....ello, the ibra's and the thuram's and now we have the honor of watching our club start over and rise to the top cuz what doesnt kill us makes us stronger.

thats life - thats juventus

ramzax

Jan 10, 2003
other teams are also feeling this fever, making the wolrd realise what does JUVE mean.

This is what happened a day before the game @ crotone:

To commemorate the fact that Italy’s most successful club will be visiting them for the first time in 80 years, the Rossoblu have made a slight adjustment to their shirts.

Just to the right of the club badge is the date of the match and the names of the two sides stitched on to the shirt.

As if that wasn’t enough, fans were willing to wait in line for up to 14 hours to find a ticket for the midweek round and the town has gone crazy in view of the Old Lady’s arrival.

The local hospital, located above the stadium, could have offered a privileged spot for the supporters who were not able to buy one of almost 10,000 tickets available.

However, the decision has been taken to close the building at 3pm on Tuesday, to avoid a mass invasion in the attempt to find a spot to see the match from the windows.

OP
zizoufan

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    AzzurriGirl said:
    I like that...."What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger"

They can't kill us and we will come back even stronger!

Juve per sempre!

Well, thank u all for your posts here. I'm willing to dedicate this thread to every nice word written or spoken about juventus.
    So please keep on posting :smoke:

OP
    zizoufan

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    bianco neri said:
    I agree as well but the way i see it is that whenever something bad happens in life that is when you learn the truth about things **- we have all experienced this -**:

- that is the time when we learn about who is truly loyal to you
    - who is gonna be there for you
    - what your strengths and weaknesses are
    - what the intentions of those around you are
    - what your limits and capabilities are

bottom line is that after all the smoke has cleared we have learned who the real bianconeri are - the players who did the rite thing by staying with the old lady and us fans who still cheer for them. the garbage that this team was cluttered with is gone, the crap....ello, the ibra's and the thuram's and now we have the honor of watching our club start over and rise to the top cuz what doesnt kill us makes us stronger.

thats life - thats juventus

Especially the one bold in ur post mate. I've never expected such harmful words from thuram, i always thought he was a real bianconero but he simply letted down his old lady.

I remember his words : " juventus who ? " :disagree:

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    Great thread zizoufan!

I have only a few words to say...nothing very inspiring.

I asure you that Juve will never die! Maybe some "fans" can die...but not Juventus! We are in Serie B, but Juve and their players make us to feel the "fever" every day, either if its by their beautiful letters, their commited youth, or just by the way they express love to the team and fans. Juve will never die! Neither do us...true fans!

This is for the true fans and for Juventus!!

Forza Vechia Singora!!!

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    zizoufan said:
    Especially the one bold in ur post mate. I've never expected such harmful words from thuram, i always thought he was a real bianconero but he simply letted down his old lady.

I remember his words : " juventus who ? " :disagree:
    Yeah...me too. What a shame...

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    Now we know who is a real bianconeri and all juventus fans will get closer to their team. seeing juventus play in serie B and players staying like nedved, del piero and buffon makes me feel even closer to the team. I love juventus more than ever.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
    Philipp00 said:
    Now we know who is a real bianconeri and all juventus fans will get closer to their team. seeing juventus play in serie B and players staying like nedved, del piero and buffon makes me feel even closer to the team. I love juventus more than ever.
    :touched: same for me here

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Philipp00 said:
    agreed.
    but hearing talks of buffon interested in other clubs still pisses me off!! i guess thats what make ale great!!! i dont care who we have as long as DP is suited up on gameday.

#10 DPizzle!!!!

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
    :agree: Me too...
    The only thing that matters to me is I couldn't see any of the game like usual :cry:
    But the important is... they always close in my heart.. :toast:

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    AzzurriGirl said:
    Wow Zizoufan I was surprised but happy to see a thread born from something I mentioned in a post.

I do think a new era has begun for Juventus. There is a special and different kind of spirit to the team these days. It's the older players inspiring the younger/newer ones. It the common goal they share to get Juve back to Serie A...an adversity that this team has never had to face or even think about in days past. It's the fans whereever Juve plays, the sold out stadiums, the enormous support from Juve fans.

It's Ale's emotional letter to the fans

It's Gigi's desire to stay and face the challenge of Serie B, turning down other good offers

It's Nedved's commitment

It's our new and very good manager, a former Juve player

It's Trez's statement that he wants to stay and help his teammates get back to Serie A

It's Bojinov saying how much Ale and Trez inspire him to do better

It's Camo turning the fans whistles into applause by playing with heart and dedication (yes, I know he's moody)

It's the younger players grateful for the opportunity to show what they can do and making real contributions to winning

It's the fans with their banners and their songs and chanting. It's visiting the other cities and people coming to the stadiums glad for the chance to see Juventus play.

It's a very emotionally charged time for this team. A sort of "fever". You would have to be made of stone not to be affected by it. I think it has touched Camo now and he will continue to play with dedication.

I'll close with a comment I heard on RAI on Giostra del gol...when a sportswriter was asked if Juve lost a lot of fan because of this calciopoli the sportswriter responded...Juve now has MORE fans than before. I guess it's easier to love the underdog!
    Great Post :thumbs:

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    ramzax said:
    other teams are also feeling this fever, making the wolrd realise what does JUVE mean.

This is what happened a day before the game @ crotone:

To commemorate the fact that Italy’s most successful club will be visiting them for the first time in 80 years, the Rossoblu have made a slight adjustment to their shirts.

Just to the right of the club badge is the date of the match and the names of the two sides stitched on to the shirt.

As if that wasn’t enough, fans were willing to wait in line for up to 14 hours to find a ticket for the midweek round and the town has gone crazy in view of the Old Lady’s arrival.

The local hospital, located above the stadium, could have offered a privileged spot for the supporters who were not able to buy one of almost 10,000 tickets available.

However, the decision has been taken to close the building at 3pm on Tuesday, to avoid a mass invasion in the attempt to find a spot to see the match from the windows.
    Agree with you.
    Serie-B is simply different with Juve there.
    I am sure other teams will also have more spirit to compete, because they will compete with the best team in Italy and also in the world.

The will be more audiences and income also for them.

The other thing is Serie-A will get down-grade because Juve are not there.

Juve is and always be the best :thumbs: :toast:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Another nice article from Goal.com

Resident Paisan: Inter's Demise Good For Juventus?

If a summer of scandal and match-fixing wasn’t enough to disgust the average calcio fan – now get ready for a new round of accusations and finger-pointing this winter.

Former referee Massimo De Santis, who was banned for four years this past July after he was found guilty of conspiring to fix Serie A games during the 2004-05 season, claimed last week that Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti paid a private firm to spy on him and his wife. The disgraced ref said Inter paid someone to take photographs of him and tap his phone in order to eventually blackmail him. If that wasn’t enough, De Santis said the club also tried to spy on its former temperamental star Christian Vieri by tapping his phone.

Now, Italy’s soccer federation says it will start a probe into De Santis’s claims. In Italy it is illegal to tap a phone without a judge’s permission. So, if the allegations turn out to be true (Moratti has vehemently denied any involvement), then Inter could be charged with violating the laws that govern the federation’s “fair conduct” clause -- an offense that carries a fine, but not a point deduction.

The latest chapter in the ongoing scandal comes on the heels of the biggest match-fixing scandal in the country’s history after Juventus was relegated to Serie B and point deductions were leveled against AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Reggina. Ironically, Inter Milan was awarded last season’s Scudetto after Juve was stripped of the title when phone conversations revealed that the former club’s general manager, Luciano Moggi, was given a say as to what referees should officiate which league games.

Angry Juve fans now want Inter stripped of the title given to them this summer. Frankly, I can’t blame Juve fans. You would be upset too if your team was stripped of two titles and demoted. Even though Inter has been playing over the past few weeks like they deserve that tiny shield stitched to their jerseys, these new allegations should give league officials some agida.

The Nerazzurri are a very wealthy club, but also one that has had little success over the past 15 years. Inter is notorious for failing to properly evaluate talent (they axed Brazilian defender Roberto Carlos back in 1996) and have the uncanny ability to make bad management decisions (coaches Marcello Lippi, Hector Cuper and Gigi Simoni were all each fired less than 10 games into the season).

While Inter has been playing its best Serie A soccer in years, the fact that it’s 0-2 in the Champions League has given Nerazzurri fans some reason to worry. But amid all the talk that Inter may have been behind a plot to wiretap De Santis and later blackmail him, let’s not lose sight of the excitement currently being generated by Juventus in Serie B. I don’t know if the Old Lady will climb back into Serie A this season, but what I do know is that the Bianconeri have cleaned up their image and are making friends wherever they play in the second division.

There was a time not too long ago when Juve was the team everyone loved to hate. And for good reason: They always seemed to win and always appeared to get some extra help from referees. The wins are still there, but they’re not getting any help from the refs. Alessandro Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon and the rest of the team aren’t the villains of years past. They mostly resemble a rag-tag group of young players, veterans and a few World Cup winners trying to wipe out a 17-point deduction imposed on them for Moggi’s sins.

For once, Juventus is a club people across Italy – and the world -- are starting to like, dare I say, even root for. I found myself doing just that over the past few weeks. This is a team that has received a great deal of empathy from a great number of people around the world. Seeing Del Piero and Buffon tough it out in the toughest second division on the planet just two months after lifting the World Cup trophy is more than a bit humbling. Del Piero’s and Buffon’s loyalty to the team is unprecedented in modern sports, where money can lure a player anywhere and love for a team only lasts as long as the paychecks keep coming.

Juventus is also a team that is getting respect from its opponents even before the players take to the field. Once on it, Juve has shown that being humbled for a season, or more, may have done it some good as its tries to cleanse its image. Inter could, or could not, need some cleansing of its own. Hopefully, the truth will come out. In the meantime, Juventus seems to be basking in its newfound identity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)