Juve doing without del piero?! (1 Viewer)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
I read tacchi's words about dp havin' to be patient before comin' back coz juve's doin' well wihout him:groan:
this is bullsh-t..
Juve might have overcome against inter but it's just because it is a real great team.And so? would France give up ZZ or Argentina Maradona coz there are other good or hardworkin' playaz?
As Platini himself said we saw against MU how pathetic we just might get without our greatest player BY FAR:
Alessandro Del Piero
Just sayin' the name justifies everything!
Plus neddy would be more efficient and also trez if DP comes back
Frankly, i don't see us ensure our ticket to the 1/4's without dp
Really not...

But..:D I'm also interested in your points of guys..so go ahead!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++
I read tacchi's words about dp havin' to be patient before comin' back coz juve's doin' well wihout him:groan:
this is bullsh-t..
Is it really? I need to read this first but from the sound of it, it makes sense what he's saying

Oct 19, 2002
i think they can do well with normal teams.. but with teams such as manchester (in champions league actually ...) they are not doin' great.. i would say they are mediocre without alex in this moment and nedved won't play like an alien for ever.....
c'mon cap:heart::D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think Del Piero is one of the best at juve. no doubt.

but he is NOT essential. and the 3-0 against Inter proves it! since when have we beaten teams like inter with that result!!

the good thing about Del Piero is that he adds another dimension to team play. something that CAN be Very important when the going gets tough in some games.

juve can do without him, but not too long.

besides his plays on the field, DP can add tons of motivation and heart to the team. this also one of the biggest reasons we want him back as soon as possible.

though you all have to think of the risks!! we dont want to rush DP. i dont trust the medical department at juve as they have rushed Tudor, Trez, and Conte back to the field when they shouldn't have (the just hope for the best).
DP is too important in the long run in this league. a longer injury could ruin all the concentration that he has gained in the past 3 years after his bad knee injury!

what offends me is this statement that tacchi made (from http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/l0640.html )

Tacchi said about DP, "When you're back after being sidelined, the other players seem to go three times faster."

i wounder if he means that the players get motivated and play 3 times better, or does he mean that when DP just returns from injury, he is so SLOW and out of form that the other players SEEM 3 times faster!

!?! :confused:

Oct 19, 2002
he is not essential?!?!?!
hahaha, now tell me,what about trez.. did he score since DP is injured ( once and on penalty, right?) and nedved is playing every where... i know they call him "7 pulmoni" but hey... don't try to tell me that DP is not essential.. he scorded 12 goals and is the leader of that team...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
important, but not essential at this time!

you seem to think that we can't win without him. well, we have.

you also fail to read my commments, because i said that going too long without DP isn't good because we dont have all the dimensions needed for a complete team. Lippi has less options when it comes to formations and tactics.

you have to look at the pros and cons of the situation.

BTW, DP is my fav player, so dont think that i find him useless.
it's not a black and whiet situation where DP is either essential or useless.

Trez not being able to score does relate to DP's absence, but it's still not enough to say that DP has to be in the team for juve to win.

Oct 19, 2002
i'm not saying that we can't win without him, we are able to win with "small" teams or italian teams ,but you thing we are able to win champions league without him? i thing that if ale was there against man utd, we , maybe, could have win those matches, i'm sure we would have win the first one!!! and don't try to tell that inter is a big team...it's like every body's thingin' that we can do anything without him just because we won with inter...pls..
ciao belli!!
smak;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah,,,that 3-0 proves nothing,,,i hope that all the games finished the same way,,,but it was just "a good day" for juve.

no one can deny that juve needs delpiero,,,he is good and his abilities inside the square are a must.

juve can win without him of course, because one man dont make a team. But delpiero is delpiero. is the rauls of real, the henry of arsenal, the luis enrike of barcelona, in talking about the emblem of the team.

because delpieor is like an emblem, when you say delpiero, inmediately the first thing that you think is juve.

he is not juve in fact, but jue need him. say what they say, juve miss delpiero.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
geez this is going too far. tacchi said he;s his biggest fan. there was no eveidence of bad blood between them. competition is not even a valid issue, what are we going on about??

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i think Del Piero is one of the best at juve. no doubt.

but he is NOT essential. and the 3-0 against Inter proves it! since when have we beaten teams like inter with that result!!

the good thing about Del Piero is that he adds another dimension to team play. something that CAN be Very important when the going gets tough in some games.

juve can do without him, but not too long.

besides his plays on the field, DP can add tons of motivation and heart to the team. this also one of the biggest reasons we want him back as soon as possible.

though you all have to think of the risks!! we dont want to rush DP. i dont trust the medical department at juve as they have rushed Tudor, Trez, and Conte back to the field when they shouldn't have (the just hope for the best).
DP is too important in the long run in this league. a longer injury could ruin all the concentration that he has gained in the past 3 years after his bad knee injury!

what offends me is this statement that tacchi made (from http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/l0640.html )

Tacchi said about DP, "When you're back after being sidelined, the other players seem to go three times faster."

i wounder if he means that the players get motivated and play 3 times better, or does he mean that when DP just returns from injury, he is so SLOW and out of form that the other players SEEM 3 times faster!

!?! :confused:
I think he was spking generally that whenever a player just comes back from injury , since he is not match fit, other players seem 3 times faster

Anyways do not let the Inter result fool you, they were hopeless on the day for one, we did not have to beat them so it was easy to play on the counter and they afforded Nedved so much space but against Depor we really have to win and so we have to attack but without Dp, we are not that equipped to do that

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Anyways do not let the Inter result fool you, they were hopeless on the day for one, we did not have to beat them so it was easy to play on the counter and they afforded Nedved so much space but against Depor we really have to win and so we have to attack but without Dp, we are not that equipped to do that
why would i let the Inter game fool me!!?
and what is this about it being easy to beat them!?!! common. you think playing on the counter attack is easy. if it were so, juve wouldn't have lost 9 points at the end of the 0001 season when lazio won!!
juve could have just "played on the counter! as it's easY!!"

u think beating a team like Inter 3-0 is easy!!! we couldn't have dont that a few seasons ago even when inter were'nt title contenders!!

ok, you dont want to talk about Inter!
how about PARAM!!.
we beat them AWAAAAAY WITHOUT Del Piero and we havn't won there in years!! dont tell me that was easy too. are you also gonna say that Parma had a bad day and i shouldn't let that game fool me either!!

Hell, what about Como! we beat them 3-1 witout DP!!

All these suggest that juve CAN last SOME TIME without DP.

but i'm not dumn enough to think that DP has no impact. i've explained it in this thread. we all know what he can do to a team. Of course we need him against Depor.
your last sentence (quoted in bold letters) is OBVIOUS. i've already said that!!! in my previous post.

but why would you risk DP. even if he does make an impact, he could still get injured in the game and be out for the rest of the season!! what would u gain there!? only being one step closer to qualifying! Then what?!! be in the same situation except that DP will be out for the rest of the season!!!

another point you miss is that DEPORTIVO ALSO HAAAAVE TO WIN. So isn't that enough to make them want to attack. which makes the counter attack strategy an option and therefore, DP not so nessesary!

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
WE BEAT OURSELVES AGAINST UNITED AND THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED WITH DP ON THE TEAM

SO IT'S NOT ONLY DP THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE THIS SEASON, IT'S THE WHOLE TEAM WITH DP BEING A PART OF IT

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
I must seem illogical, but I believe that Tacchi meant that the return of the hero boosts the players to play 3 times faster:eek:Is that so hard to believe.It might sound as though he says Del Piero would look slow, but thats an insult and Tacchi wouldn't dream of doing that to my dad, Alessandro:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i figured that...maybe just bad translation :D

the word "seem" throws me off and makes the sentence arguamble.
though i know Tacchi won't say such a thing. i think He's DP's roomate too isn't he :D

JuveBrava

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++
this is bullsh-t..
Juve might have overcome against inter but it's just because it is a real great team.And so? would France give up ZZ or Argentina Maradona coz there are other good or hardworkin' playaz?
As Platini himself said we saw against MU how pathetic we just might get without our greatest player BY FAR:
Alessandro Del Piero
Just sayin' the name justifies everything!
Plus neddy would be more efficient and also trez if DP comes back
Frankly, i don't see us ensure our ticket to the 1/4's without dp
Really not...

But..:D I'm also interested in your points of guys..so go ahead!
C'mon olkiller!
Tacchi is one of Alex best friends... :cool:
Dont' believe such news with that twisted words :(
What I 'm gettin' was different than that... :D
What Tacchi's means that he wants to protect Alex from re-injured himself, don't let him rush to the game yet, especially when u playing against Udinese who got one of the most cruelest defense in Serie A :fero:
He said that because he cares and realized how important Del Piero for the next game ahead... :touched: :thumb:
Anyway If we lost to udinese we still on top (Co-Capolista) with Inter :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)