Juve-Como (2 Viewers)

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
respaul,

Thanks for the insight, I live in southeastern Canada and Juve games on TV are difficult to come by. I read that Lippi was using a trident attack, so I took its words for it. Judging by your comments I get a much better idea of how the game was and how our team and players played. I get a better idea of where improbements need to be made. Thanks again.

Forza Juve!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
:LOL: Alex

I won't comment on anything since I didn't watch the match nor follow any commentary.

But if we're talking about concentrating on CL, Juve has definitely got to work something better out, cos Real is looking really threatening indeed. They already won Aleves 5-2 & Ronaldo scored just 3 minutes after he stepped onto the pitch :scared:

~Sarah

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
you all crack me up!!

there you are slagging off our tactics...yet not one of you actually watched the match.... how can you judge!!!

your all going on about trident and other crap.... we didnt play a trident... we played the same 4-3-1 -2 we allways play, jus with ale in neddys place.

Yeah it was dissapointing... but any team that puts 11 men behind the ball stands a good chance... jus look at the exact same thing against a troubled bologna last year.

Without tacchi the simple fact is we have no holding player...baiocco does not cut it and with trez's return we lack the workrate of divaio and as such we play like last year... as though we only have ten men.

We were also wildly over confident... tactics were not the problem it was the players... the likes of davids ,montero, baiocco , salas and trez that were all having an awful day!!

Please watch the match before you start attacking everyone!!

It was the same after the parma match where you all slagged off lippi for subbing davids.... well if you actually watched that game you would have seen that davids was the worst player on the pitch and as soon as lippi replaced him with tudor we started playing properly.

Or today where the two subs made the equaliser!!!
Glad I didn't see the match. I can gauge some idea of our play by reading the comments on katwab for example and they're usually spot on with their asessment of the game and from watching the highlights on 90 Minuto or La Domenica Sportiva.

We were being held and for a time were behind to one of the weakest teams in the league, that was enough to tell me we weren't playing too well.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
now you guys see why i'm begging to see Olivera have some playing time.
I knew this trident thing isn't gonna work. Juve needs a playmaker and Delpiero is in hot form, but as a scring stricker..
so, when Neddy is injuered like this again, we need Olivera as backup. or if lippi doesn't wanna play olivera, then juve should buy D'alessandro, Or Aimar Pronto.....

its a sad result since we're now 4 points from the top....its a home game too.
Oh well, i'm glad Zala Scored, he was in the Shadow of 4 players yet still scored. :thumb:

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
All I have to say to those
who said 3-0 Rest our stars is there are no easy wins

Every game is a tuff game and every game should be a win

but coming out thinking we should win
because in theory we are better then them
won't lead to anything.....

I hope this result against Como will serve as lesson to you
but mostly as a lesson to Juve

who will from now on
have to go in with vigour and determination in every game.....

dinoo

Aug 24, 2002
o,come on,what lesson?????
we "lost" ONLY last game at SAME!!! way vs parma,T H A T had to be lesson,but didnt!!!we made same mistake 7 days later... parma was a yelow card,but today we got red one...
we can just hope these 2 points which we stole in last mins can learn us that we are NOT!!! that good,unfortunetly. yes!!,we have only few defeats in last couple of seasons,but we lost 2 leagues(lazio and roma)because of milions of draws and that continuing this season... that mean we are NOT learned nothing!!!

and 2. thing is we just cant play a creative game without best winger pair in serie A (nedved,zambrotta).who diclaime this,he is nuts.of course bit of luck is what we have,so we will pray again...and again,untill we lost even this luck what we have in last 2 weeks...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The problem is,is that without a fully fit Treze and Neddy in the team Juve are too dependent on Del Piero. You can't expect DP to score 2 goals for ya every match,can you?

Why wasn't Oliveira played? Our team looks solid and more organised with the 4-3-1-2,so Oli should have played behind DP + Treze/Salas. Playing Del Piero in the trequartista role is a no no. He's not used to it,and look what he did in recent matches when he played as a forward? He's been scoring like mad! Hopefully we will see Nedved come back strong against Inter in 2 weeks time and see DP net a couple of goals.

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
i think we can pick up pretty well, the break will do us good as far as injury situations go
so long as none of the internationals go hurting themselves in the meantime we'll be strong when we come back against inter

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
too bad juve didn't win :down: i really had high hopes on the team to win the 3 points against como, put as they say: 'shit happens'! anyway, its still the beginning and it is going to be a tough ride, so you better buckle-up.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Thanks for the insight Paul, it helps me understand what went on out there today (sort of !! )

I STILL BELIEVE THAT SALAS IS WORTHLESS, THIS GUY GOT HIS CHANCE AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN SERIE A AND DID ZERO !!!

Trez at least has an excuse- he's still not 100%, and still working up to match fitness. DP was playing a position that he usually doesnt play too.

Inter and Milan WHIPPED 2 teams that are much better than the lowly Como that we drew with today. We will be chasing both Milan teams for the rest of the season.

You can bet the house that NEITHER will draw with Como.

One more point about Salas, he can score as many goals as he wants in friendlies against the nobodies in Serie C2 and D. IT PROVES NOTHING !!!!

I'm sure that there are a few of us out there who could also score against amateurs in friendlies !!!!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
for all those who said we have a bad defence, what are u talkin about!!!. we have world class defenders, it's true those playes are getting older but, they still play good. last year we had the best defence in italy. this year we conceded 1 goal on CL in 3 games and 3 goals in the campionato in 4 games. it's not so bad.
and we have some young defenders as tudor, and moretti.

about the midfield, it's true that we have a weaker midfield than other big teams as real, and arsenal. but it's not so bad and we are still a fantastic team. the player that i most want to see playing here is rafael van der vaart, one of the best talents in the world and truly a creative playr, and he will surely be usefull to our midfield.

lippi said he was happy with the result vs como, i think it's horroble result but i think he meant that it was good because we almost lost and the players are tired, and we can't expect them to be good all the times.

it's all open, and last year in the same part of the season we had difficult time as well (2-0 lose to roma at delle alpi, a draw with bologna, inter, lecce and verona). and we took the scudetto.

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
With the schedule we have we should be on top with inter and go to the derby with the same points as them.The only positive is that i believe that they will do their best to win the next game and we have more possibilities in winning cause we've already missed four points without any excuse while inter hasn't made any mistake yet...so it's time they miss some points
1.Let's hope juve won't have any injuries problem
2.They won't be stressed because of the ties
3.NO TIE in the derby please!!!!We've got to win
4.Don't say that everything is ok because last year we lost similar points.It's much more different this year...
5.In my personal opinion juve will start to play the best football with great performances in a couple of months.We'll see...

kw_hamster

Aug 28, 2002
Olivera didn't play? That's saddening.. It's these kind of matches that Lippi should give our younger players a chance to show their worth. Anyway anyone seen the match? How did Juve do?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
it's all open, and last year in the same part of the season we had difficult time as well (2-0 lose to roma at delle alpi, a draw with bologna, inter, lecce and verona). and we took the scudetto.
I am near certain that we beat verona, bologna and lecce at home last season. The only weak team we dropped home points with was torino, but thats understandable, it is the derby we never seem to win that anyway :rolleyes:

however, drawing at home to como and parma is like a throwback to the ancelotti days. Last year we could almost guarantee home wins against the weak teams, this year it appears we cannot.

however debatable their goal was, and however much we missed the injured and suspended, it is no excuse for drawing at home to como. The side that played should easily have won this game, so really you have to question some of their motivation for lesser games.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
i meant only for the roma game that we lost at home.

last year after 3 consecutive wins at the beginning. we draw lecce away, then we lost to roma at home, 3-3 at the shitty derby, another draw away at bologna, then a home draw vs inter, then another draw away at hellas verona.
after all this the win fianally came (3-1 vs parma) but then we lost at olimpico to lazio.

after all this we had very good period and then took the scudetto

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
oh sorry my mistake

but getting away points to lesser teams is no big deal, its when you drop home points to them that we have trouble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)