Juve-Como (5 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
wow!

we just drew at home to the worst team in the league

impressive or not, we've just drawn 2 games we should easily win, and even worse, we probably should have lost both, if only it weren't for our lucky late goals

oh and well played to rangers V celtic :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by jaansu ] ++

How the hell would anyone be satisfied with a draw against Como.:fero:
That's what I thought. as soon as the words left his mouth, I laughed with amazement. He also complemented Como, calling them a 'great' team. :(

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
arn't things lookin up for juve :D

probebly just a bad streak of form nothing chivu can't put an end to if he came.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
its not a bad streak at all juves defence seems to lack depth at the moment. they need someone young who may bring back life to the ageing defence

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I agree we need a young centre back, but our dfence does not 'suck' by any standards. It is one of the best in Europe, so that comment is just wrong IMO.

For the centre back I suggest Mexes, or Chivu to be a good idea

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
def. chivu

thou juve got tudor?

maybe lippi should push tudor back to defence and get a born bred midfielder.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Defence is not our immediate problem, but rather the midfield as it clearly lacks depth. When we are at full strength we are strong, however, we always seem to have one or two players out injured(That means you Conte!) and the suspensions to Tach and Tudor didn't help much. Against a better team, we would've lost today, no doubt.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
I really don't care who is injured or who was suspended. The fact of the matter is for the players and talent the Juventus has we should handle Como with both hands tied behind our backs. I hope I'm wrong, but I think I read that Lippi was using a trident formation. Why?! We lack strength at midfield, so why bother. I agree with Denco more and more that we should just stay with one formation and perfect it. so embarassed with the result that I am actually happy that it was not shown on TV in my area. Juventus want Europe that great, but I want the scudetto too. And I wish Lippi would stop taking the time to praise his opponents, because that is not the case.

One other thing can someone tell the starting lineup and formation that we used and if Lippi change his formation at all during the course of the game.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Buffon; Thuram, Iuliano, Montero, Moretti (Zambrotta 66); Camoranesi, Baiocco (Zenoni 46), Davids; Trezeguet, Salas (Zalayeta 58), Del Piero

Formation: 4-3-1-2 for the entire match.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++
maybe lippi should push tudor back to defence and get a born bred midfielder.
not maybe, definitely..but he was banned today anyway so its not a reason for failure 2day

gk...buffon, chimenti

df--moretti, pessotto, thuram, zenoni, montero, tudor, Iuliano, ferrara, birindelli

md-zambo, camo, tach, davids, nedved, conte, baiocco

att-di vaio, salas, dp, trez, zala

really the midfield is by far the weakest

JKane

May 31, 2001
Well, I don't think we do really need reinforcements. I didn't see the game but telling from what I heard we didn't impress really. But we allready showed what we are capable of this season. (CL espacially)

But if and only if we want to strenghten our midfield I suggest we get Roman. That ignorant Van Gaal doesn't want him anyway.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
you all crack me up!!

there you are slagging off our tactics...yet not one of you actually watched the match.... how can you judge!!!

your all going on about trident and other crap.... we didnt play a trident... we played the same 4-3-1 -2 we allways play, jus with ale in neddys place.

Yeah it was dissapointing... but any team that puts 11 men behind the ball stands a good chance... jus look at the exact same thing against a troubled bologna last year.

Without tacchi the simple fact is we have no holding player...baiocco does not cut it and with trez's return we lack the workrate of divaio and as such we play like last year... as though we only have ten men.

We were also wildly over confident... tactics were not the problem it was the players... the likes of davids ,montero, baiocco , salas and trez that were all having an awful day!!

Please watch the match before you start attacking everyone!!

It was the same after the parma match where you all slagged off lippi for subbing davids.... well if you actually watched that game you would have seen that davids was the worst player on the pitch and as soon as lippi replaced him with tudor we started playing properly.

Or today where the two subs made the equaliser!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)