Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
You seem to be forgetting someone :shifty:

I'm sure he will be gone after euro, and he's more like our cash cow than someone we will build a team around, definitely not worth the 100m euiro hype he's attached to, look at it this way, with 100m euro we could (or are we already? :D) get draxler morata dybala, I'm sure those 3 will affect this team way more than a single pogba.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm sure he will be gone after euro, and he's more like our cash cow than someone we will build a team around, definitely not worth the 100m euiro hype he's attached to, look at it this way, with 100m euro we could (or are we already? :D) get draxler morata dybala, I'm sure those 3 will affect this team way more than a single pogba.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
keep it calm guys :D i meant he always goes for it! when he has the ball he doesn't stop, and make this out of nowhere pass. just the normal passes. the kid is quality and talented i can't deny that. maybe he lacks this genius play making, that me and others believe that we are missing right now after pirlo is gone. he is straight forward that's it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
keep it calm guys :D i meant he always goes for it! when he has the ball he doesn't stop, and make this out of nowhere pass. just the normal passes. the kid is quality and talented i can't deny that. maybe he lacks this genius play making, that me and others believe that we are missing right now after pirlo is gone. he is straight forward that's it.
:tup:

He certainly does seem to like to take on defenders, and dribble them. He's incredibly impressive in that regard, dependent on how one views Bundesliga defending, at least in the highlight videos I've seen. He also seems to be very two-footed which is good...

- - - Updated - - -

Honest question, suppose we get this kid is he enough to make you all get over Vidal's loss?
Wouldn't it still be a "wait and see" kind of deal? I'd be impressed as hell with our signings this year. Dybala, Draxler, Mandzukic, and Khedira in a single summer is crazy... but until we see them in action, we don't know how they'll compare to last season's Juve. Our attack should really be incredibly dynamic.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Honest question, suppose we get this kid is he enough to make you all get over Vidal's loss?
it is not just about Draxler. the whole team will look fresh, young and strong team. losing vidal is massive!! but who knows maybe we discover that sturaro or whoever explodes from this potential players as a bless in disguise.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I understand. But at the end of it, how you create isnt as important, the fact you do is enough. If he blitz dribbles past half the defence and then crosses or short passes to someone close/infront of goal, its not worth any less then genius splitting Pirlo like through balls. What matters is being effective at what you do, scoring or creating.

This example makes me think of Nedved, I remember having the argument more then a decade ago with fellow Juventino, who refused to acknowledge/respect how insanely effective Pavel was at what he did, not to mention better for us, just because he wasnt doing it in the brilliant genial style of Zizou, but in his very direct and bulldozing way:

- - - Updated - - -

Right now? No. Vidal is a huge huge player to let go, you guys will realize what you took for granted after a while when you dont see it anymore...

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
No its not :D But yeah he is more of Kaka type of AM, he runs very strongly with the ball and with ease, creates space like that, and often lays it off to someone infront of goal if he isnt finishing it himself. You see him laying it up to someone who has an open goal several times when he could try to score 1-1 with the goalie.
AM is a position, not a playing style.

This is AM

And this is also AM:

Direct counterattacking goal threat blitzkrieg AM vs slower stylish creator AM.
Good point. From everything I've seen, Draxler is that blitzkrieg AM. He might not often make those killer through passes but he moves intelligently and makes space for other players in dangerous areas which I think is beyond the scope of a classic winger. To add, his long shots and eye for goal are something Pereyra really lacks in his game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I understand. But at the end of it, how you create isnt as important, the fact you do is enough. If he blitz dribbles past half the defence and then crosses or short passes to someone close/infront of goal, its not worth any less then genius splitting Pirlo like through balls. What matters is being effective at what you do, scoring or creating.

This example makes me think of Nedved, I remember having the argument more then a decade ago with fellow Juventino, who refused to acknowledge/respect how insanely effective Pavel was at what he did, not to mention better for us, just because he wasnt doing it in the brilliant genial style of Zizou, but in his very direct and bulldozing way:

- - - Updated - - -

Right now? No. Vidal is a huge huge player to let go, you guys will realize what you took for granted after a while when you dont see it anymore...
yeah, it's easy to forget, especially when you have an agenda. He's one of a kind.

Mar 30, 2006

He certainly does seem to like to take on defenders, and dribble them. He's incredibly impressive in that regard, dependent on how one views Bundesliga defending, at least in the highlight videos I've seen. He also seems to be very two-footed which is good...

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't it still be a "wait and see" kind of deal? I'd be impressed as hell with our signings this year. Dybala, Draxler, Mandzukic, and Khedira in a single summer is crazy... but until we see them in action, we don't know how they'll compare to last season's Juve. Our attack should really be incredibly dynamic.
Draxler looked great dribbling Chelsea's defenders with ease.

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

this, of course we will miss Vidal and am still upset about his loss (hopefully we have Goetze in that deal :p )

but with Draxler's (assuming we get him) pace and directness, he will cause a lot of trouble for Serie A/CL defenses, even the very best, defenses hate players with that directness, pace and knack to hit the shot, even if he won't score he inches closer to the opponent's territory all the time and from the videos even often gets 1v1 with goalies, either laying off for the striker/teammate or going for it.

with say a 4-3-3 of

Dybala--------Morata-------Draxler,

you have 3 really pace demons out there who can take on their man and go past them with ease, Dybala is quite creative and Draxler ain't bad at it either. Now with a player like Draxler who will shoot at will, keepers are not gonna save those shots 100% of the day, you are bound to get about 3 knock downs to the CFs, and with Morata/Mandzukic who are that kind of predators on goalie knock downs, we will be hitting more of those in.
In all honesty, we will be having a peasant Neymar type winger in Drax which is not bad at all, and maybe we'll be a bit direct in attack like Barca (assuming Dybala and Draxler both shine), we actually missed a player like Draxler in the CL Final plus Coman will be getting more playtime in this kind of set-up.

My fear though is how Serie A defenders fear Draxler kind of opponents and won't hesitate to take him out if need calls for it considering his injury situation, that'd be a big blow. But it all remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)