Juan Cuadrado (29 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DelPirlo

Dec 26, 2013
I expect the lopsided 4-3-3 that I described a few days ago in the Wishlish thread. Dybala as a SS, Cuadrado as a winger, and Pogba as he did last season being the CM that plays wider than his counterpart on the right side. I wouldn't worry because I expect Alex Sandro to bring all the quality on the left. Allegri is class so I am confident he could make this work.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Correct me if im wrong but there wa no mention of any fee of this loan on Juve website? So this means it is actually free loan of this guy?
Lemina loan fee was mentioned for example

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I expect the lopsided 4-3-3 that I described a few days ago in the Wishlish thread. Dybala as a SS, Cuadrado as a winger, and Pogba as he did last season being the CM that plays wider than his counterpart on the right side. I wouldn't worry because I expect Alex Sandro to bring all the quality on the left. Allegri is class so I am confident he could make this work.
Spot on.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Correct me if im wrong but there wa no mention of any fee of this loan on Juve website? So this means it is actually free loan of this guy?
Lemina loan fee was mentioned for example
Possibly, although I doubt it. Usually these things end up in the 'other player rights' column on our official financial statement.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Cuadrado as a wingback or LB what are you smoking or you are Zach's second account?
And you are crazy for thinking that we will play anything but the 3-5-2...... Until a not-Italian coach comes to Juve, im afraid we will never get passed that cursed 3-5-2. So, in a 3-5-2, Cuadrado instead of Lichtsteiner cause there is no point in playing 3-5-2 if your wing-backs cant attack even if their lives depended on it. With the current wing-backs we have, this isnt even a 3-5-2, its a 5-3-2 cause all 5 in the back are defencive-minded.......Put Marcelo instead of Evra and Philip Lahm instead of Licht, and you have a proper 3-5-2, or in this case, Alex instead of Evra and Cuadrado instead of Licht!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And you are crazy for thinking that we will play anything but the 3-5-2...... Until a not-Italian coach comes to Juve, im afraid we will never get passed that cursed 3-5-2. So, in a 3-5-2, Cuadrado instead of Lichtsteiner cause there is no point in playing 3-5-2 if your wing-backs cant attack even if their lives depended on it. With the current wing-backs we have, this isnt even a 3-5-2, its a 5-3-2 cause all 5 in the back are defencive-minded.......Put Marcelo instead of Evra and Philip Lahm instead of Licht, and you have a proper 3-5-2, or in this case, Alex instead of Evra and Cuadrado instead of Licht!!
if we get close once again to that dreaded formation from hell,,,, sandro and cuadrado i want to see. I dont care if we get exposed....at least we will create something, unlike the conte 352 which is fukin dogcrap.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I really hope we have an agreement for a permanent purchase in place. Trying to resurrect the career of someone only for Chelsea to take him back and sell him for more is rather stupid. I want to believe that we have this arranged.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
One thing that makes me optimistic about Cuadrado is how that Fiorentina team played under Montella.

Here we have a player who excelled for a team which based its philosophy on ball possession. He already knows where to find space against teams who lay low and park the bus. That quality is incredibly valuable for this juventus.

Giovinco is a perfect example of the exact opposite. He thrived in Parma which basically was a mid-table team who got tons of free space. When he came back to juve, his lack of football IQ got exposed and he was unable to free himself up against teams parking the bus. He couldn't handle the pressure either.

Cuadrado will be an asset Allegri should get going quickly. I understand there are some challenges in terms of where he will play in the 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2, but his got qualities which Allegri should adapt to either of those formations. He's easily our fastest player and best dribbler in my eyes, and we have missed a player going straight at defenses in the final third with Morata out. Dybala and pogba have that same quality as well, but i think cuadrado could really give this team an extra edge. I'll throw pereyra into that mix as well. He's got that underrated ability to keep defenders honest and on their back heels.

Cuadrado got great stamina too. Even though he's a limited defender, he's by no means a one-way player. He will track back and help his fullback, and fits into this teams philosophy of being a hard worker.

Just my five cents.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't think it will matter if Pedro is a successful signing for them, they won't want Cuadrado back and given depreciation, they would encourage a sale for the player themselves. He's what 27 now? Unless he has a Pogba/Vidal level season he's not going back to them, and if he has just a good enough season like we expect, it's highly unlikely this will remain a dry loan. It will probably end up as a negotiation, with the player wanting a move to Juve if things go reasonably well. Off the top of my head, I'd go with an assumption of 20-24m give or take a few.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
I don't think it will matter if Pedro is a successful signing for them, they won't want Cuadrado back and given depreciation, they would encourage a sale for the player themselves. He's what 27 now? Unless he has a Pogba/Vidal level season he's not going back to them, and if he has just a good enough season like we expect, it's highly unlikely this will remain a dry loan. It will probably end up as a negotiation, with the player wanting a move to Juve if things go reasonably well. Off the top of my head, I'd go with an assumption of 20-24m give or take a few.
Agree with this,

Also keep in mind that Mourinho is a harsh dude. Once you fail to convince him straight away, there is very little chance of him even wanting to see you in his team again. 20-24 is a fair prediction, everybody knows cuadrado got no future at Chelsea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)