Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (31 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
if we want success mourinho would be perfect, if want to keep the soul of juve, no mourinho.

obviously mourinho is a great manager and would bring us trophies, but i can't see us winning if we bring him mid-season. He would need a pre-season to impose his style of play, training, etc. and to acquire the players he wants. if we were to get him in june or july success in something is almost guaranteed.

but for me, success is not as important as being juve. mourinho is not italian and would not understand the meaning of juventus to italy and its traditions (a coach doesn't necessarily have to be italian, but have at least some connection with juve, eg. deschamps). he would not care about sentimental things like primavera players or legends. can you imagine him giving palladino or criscito a chance, or even playing del piero. he would just bring in money hungry robots like ashley cole who don't give a damn about juve to play his mechanical, capello-like football.

although the idea of instant success, such as winning CL on our return is tempting, i would rather stick it out with ranieri or some other coach who has juve in his heart (preferably Lippi who brings success as well).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Even if we can afford his salary, we have to give Mourinho some special promises and guarantees.
He is used to be the coach of one the richest clubs in Europe and the money he had available werent enough for his plans.
He wont cope well with our reduced budget...even if he control Secco 100%

He wont join Milan either because of Berlusca, Mourinho wants the total control of the situation, while Berlu wants to interfere with the tactical choices more than Roman did...Berlu wants a coach he can manipulate, soon or later conflicts will start...
Plus the fact that Berlu dreams of an attacking team, including players like Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, the type of players Mourinho dislikes.
And Bayern cant be his choice, they have a coach, England and Spain are out of the picture (Mourinho said that himself)

=> Mourinho's only choice seems to be Inter...

Dano

Jul 5, 2006
I would love to see him here at Juve at one point. But I’m all for giving the Tinkerman a good shot. So as much as I respect Mourinho not yet, let’s see what Ranieri can offer us.

Dano

Jul 5, 2006
Jose at Madrid? Jose at Inter? Jose at Juve?

It's possible in that order.
I’d say Inter would be first choice. The amount Real have allowed the new coach to spend must mean he will stay for at least a season at the very minimum… And I’m sure Jose would want a job before then.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why?The article doesnt state that Juventus are sure of singing Jose.All it says is that Ranieri would have lost his job had he we not done well againt Roma and Reggina.Plus the Jose-Milan link is pretty genuine IMO.
And I think that is bullshit.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
if we want success mourinho would be perfect, if want to keep the soul of juve, no mourinho.

but for me, success is not as important as being juve. mourinho is not italian and would not understand the meaning of juventus to italy and its traditions (a coach doesn't necessarily have to be italian, but have at least some connection with juve, eg. deschamps). he would not care about sentimental things like primavera players or legends. can you imagine him giving palladino or criscito a chance, or even playing del piero. he would just bring in money hungry robots like ashley cole who don't give a damn about juve to play his mechanical, capello-like football.

although the idea of instant success, such as winning CL on our return is tempting, i would rather stick it out with ranieri or some other coach who has juve in his heart (preferably Lippi who brings success as well).
So you wanna say that Mourinho is soul taker?? :D

And yes I can imagine Mourinho giving chance to our youngsters and he couldn't bring "money hungry robots" :shifty: because he wont have money for them.

Even if we can afford his salary, we have to give Mourinho some special promises and guarantees.
He is used to be the coach of one the richest clubs in Europe and the money he had available werent enough for his plans.
He wont cope well with our reduced budget...even if he control Secco 100%
You simply forgot what he did with Porto and their "huge" budget?? The thing is he had the money available at Chelsea and spent, who wouldn't, Ranieri spent a lot too while he was at Chelsea. But the differnce beetwen them is that Ranieri made a few good buys but also he bought players like Veron and kept players like Melchiot, while Mourinho knew exactly what he needed so he get rid of avarage players (average at best) and reinforced at positions Chelsea lacked.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I m not saying that he cant deliver results without money,
all i am saying is right now he is so spoilt that he would prefer a wealthier club,
so he could build his desired team...

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I agree that he would prefer more wealthier club, but maybe he want a team exactly like ours, a fallen giant who want to be back where it belongs. It would be a perfect challenge for him to show his worth.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I agree that he would prefer more wealthier club, but maybe he want a team exactly like ours, a fallen giant who want to be back where it belongs. It would be a perfect challenge for him to show his worth.
Hahahahaha...Sorry Juve fans but "The Special One" has never accepted a job from anything less than the richest club in each league he has coached in. That ain't you guys. Too bad. But you guys don't really wan't to lose in the CL every year, do you?

Sep 1, 2002
Hahahahaha...Sorry Juve fans but "The Special One" has never accepted a job from anything less than the richest club in each league he has coached in. That ain't you guys. Too bad. But you guys don't really wan't to lose in the CL every year, do you?
In how many leagues has he coached?

I doubt that he will be looking at the monthly pay-cheque, but rather the team most likely to bring him further honour and esteem (wherever he goes). In that case Juventus top the bill in Italy. Bayern in Germany. Spain.

He has built his teams to bring the greatest results; when that has been possible with the material already available (as in Terry and Lampard), so uses indigenous players to the country he is working in if they are good enough. If not he will look elsewhere. If that means players such as the like of Zizou, Platini, Omar Sivori and John Charles, then hurrah! I am all for having a strong Italian base alongside the best the world has to offer.

I can see him coming and Ranieri moving towards the director of sport position (or such like title i.e.translator for Mourinho).

Sep 2, 2007
Got to agree but I think Ranieri should be able to manage, seeing his choices in the Reggina game.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Sorry but Mourinho only coached one richest club and that is Chelsea and I hate how everyone thinks that he is only good at coaching richest clubs with most expensve players and no one recalls his reign at Porto and what he did with them. And about CL, I didn't mind Crapello so I wouldn't mind Mourinho.

Got to agree but I think Ranieri should be able to manage, seeing his choices in the Reggina game.
I'm not saying that we shoud sack Ranieri, I'm saying that Mourinho would great coach for us not that he should replace Ranieri immediately. We should stick with Ranieri until he screw up.

OP
theone

theone

Jul 3, 2007
  • Thread Starter #78
    sooner or later, Tinkerman will be replaced... at the end of this season - thats the best he can hope for.
    I say: bring on Mourinho in January!

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
    Many of those who want Mourinho will change their mind when he benches DP
    Biggest difference betwean Murinho and Ranieri is that Ranieri would be afraid to bench Del Piero or any of the big names.
    Murinho would not.
    He proved it by benching Shevchenko.
    Not only because he is a great player but also because Abramovic wanted to se him play.

So I sey bring him in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)