Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (4 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Read between lines of what Lion and juve red and some other posts in Mourinho's quits chelsea thread before you decide to ingratiate yourself into what I have said
What? when? Where? I don't recall this.

However just to clarify I am one of those opposed to the view that Mourinho needs to have Money and big stars in his team to shine. I don't think Chelsea winning the league titles was "because they had a team full of superstars" and Porto's european glory was no accident either.

Would I love to have Mourinho? Yes. But that would not be fair to the tinkerman who has done fairly well so far with the resources available to him. If Tinkerman fails to grind results until January or the end of the season then why not? Jose would have to take a pay cut however. His wage is very high.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Read between lines of what Lion and juve red and some other posts in Mourinho's quits chelsea thread before you decide to ingratiate yourself into what I have said
I believe the only thing I said about Mourinho and money was that very few teams could afford his wages.

I do not recall saying anything about his ability to coach with or without money.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He would have to take a paycut wherever he goes except for Madrid or Inter.
The British Press claimed Spurs were willing to match his Chelsea wage, but that was probably BS.

He may be less bothered about his wage in his next job after his massive payout from Chelsea.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
2001/2002 - Coached Leiria a team who usually finished in bottom 4 he got them to finish in 7th place, coached Benfica before that he coached only for 3 games, his first game at Benfica was an away match against Sporting, he won that match 3-1. On Porto he won the UEFA CUP and Champions League back to back along with the Super Intercontinental Cup. I believe he's a good coach but Ranieri isn't doing that bad so no point in paying Mourinho more money

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
no doubt Jose has what it takes to take any team to the top...and his arrogance,confidence and self-belief are qualities inherent at Juventus...would be a match made in footballing heaven but those things rarely happen

rainhard

May 5, 2004
With their game lately, i think AC Milan fans would want Mourinho to replace Carlo Ancelotti.

And I think if that happen , it will be great news for AC Milan.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Realistically,Jose doesnt have any major job openings now,does he?People have mentioned Madrid and Inter as his possible destinations.But i cant see either of these teams firing their coaches before the end of the season.So maybe he'll be out in the cold until June.Firing a coach who is doing well at a club,just so you can get Jose to take his place,is pretty silly IMO.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
But who can say no to Jose Mourinho ??? ( oh sorry, Moratti does :lol: )
If the top team can afford his wage demands and he feels comfortable with his work environment (he get what he needs and I think he needs more challenges now to prove that he is absolutely " The Special One " ). I admit he is Special , even very Special . His resume prove that.

Now he is available, for all teams that interested in him it's just like Now or Never.
I think the top team in Europe will be interested with him now.But they all settle with their coach already.

If he stay available until the end of season. And we earn the CL spot, we should go for him.

What a great challenge for next season if we enter the CL again :weee:
If in his 1st year he can give scudetto and Champions Cup, then Super Europe Cup and Intercontinental Cup. Hell yes he is "The Special One"...

:lol: I just live in a Dreamland :lol: is it okay to dream here?

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
ranieri is a nice guy... he should go to a nice club..where u can still get a pat on the back for your mistake and a confirmed spot in the next game for you to correct them... juventus is a ruthless win hungry machine
Ranieri is a very nice guy, Mourinho is a great manager, I'd much rather we had the latter.

If you watch it closely you would see that he buys players that are effective not showy players and because it is Chelsea coming for them, the prices are put up to ridiculous extents.

:agree: totally about Chelsea money, the Lyon president admitted as much in the Essien deal. The players Jose signed are team players, who understand what it takes to win & are committed to winning, & their manager. Our history is littered with exactly that type of player; Biri, Pessotto, Ferrara, Conte, Tacchinardi, Cabrini, Deschamps, Peruzzi to name a few. It is early to be talking of replacing Ranieri, & he has done a good solid job upto now. Surely the chance to sign Mourinho & create another great winning cycle, like we had in the 90's, is far too great to pass up. It maybe early, he may cause a stir, he might upset a few people, but surely winning again is what all bianconeri want? Jose is the closest thing to a guarantee of that, & does it with flair where he can. The style Chelsea played when he 1st took over was great, I feel the knock on him of being pragmatic was due to injuries to Cole, the sale of Duff, & Robben not wanting to be there. The thread asking "Could it be 1987 again?" was pretty acurate, 07/08 reminds me of our time under Marchesi & Zoff, all we need now is a bold appointment, a new era.

Jose for Juve!!!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Grant simply needs a few wins

In the meantime, Mourinho could soon get a phone call for a job offer from Spurs, AC Milan or Juventus.

It was reported that Tottenham bosses have given their coach Martin Jol one month to turn things around.

AC Milan, who were defeated 2-1 at Palermo on Wednesday, have had an unconvincing start in Serie A and their coach Carlo Ancelotti could soon be shown the door to open the way for Mourinho.

Rumour was rife that Claudio Ranieri could be fired as Juventus coach after the Old Lady suffered a home defeat against Udinese. Fortunately, Juve secured a 4-0 victory over Reggina on Wednesday and Ranieri's job is safe for the time being. If Mourinho takes over from Ranieri at Juventus, it would be a heavy blow for the Tinkerman who was replaced by the Special One at Chelsea.

Bangkok Post

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Grant simply needs a few wins

In the meantime, Mourinho could soon get a phone call for a job offer from Spurs, AC Milan or Juventus.

It was reported that Tottenham bosses have given their coach Martin Jol one month to turn things around.

AC Milan, who were defeated 2-1 at Palermo on Wednesday, have had an unconvincing start in Serie A and their coach Carlo Ancelotti could soon be shown the door to open the way for Mourinho.

Rumour was rife that Claudio Ranieri could be fired as Juventus coach after the Old Lady suffered a home defeat against Udinese. Fortunately, Juve secured a 4-0 victory over Reggina on Wednesday and Ranieri's job is safe for the time being. If Mourinho takes over from Ranieri at Juventus, it would be a heavy blow for the Tinkerman who was replaced by the Special One at Chelsea.

Bangkok Post

:lol: Good laugh. I don't think Ranieri would lose his job even if we would lose 4 times in a row.The board gave pay-cuts to e.g Trezeguet and they want to reduce DP's wage,so I don't think they are willing to spend 5 times the money they are paying at the moment for the coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)