Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (18 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
I mean, Mourinho would be the manager we need to bring back Juventus to her rightful place in Italy and abroad.

If sacking Ranieri is all that it takes, I can't understand wtf is our board waiting for? Moratti signing him??

Ranieri is a nice guy, Mourinho is a winner. Period.
I would never sack a person without reason.

Ranieri or a plumber,no matter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
World Cup-winner Lippi keen on England

Marcello Lippi, one of the five contenders for the England managerial vacancy, has indicated his desire to talk to the Football Association. As the coach who masterminded Italy's 2006 World Cup-winning campaign, Lippi will inevitably interest the FA, who want all potential candidates, including the front-running trio of Lippi, Fabio Capello and Jose Mourinho, to come to London for discussions.

The FA are determined to avoid a repeat of the embarrassment of the last search for an England manager when their chief executive, Brian Barwick, flew to Portugal but returned home without his intended target, Luis Felipe Scolari. Although Sir Trevor Brooking, the FA's director of football development who is assisting Barwick in the hunt, was out of the country yesterday, the FA stress that all face-to-face talks with candidates will take place in England.

Contact with representatives of Mourinho and Capello has already taken place and word that Lippi could be available will excite the FA. Of all the five aspirants, which also includes Martin O'Neill and Jurgen Klinsmann, Lippi is the coach who most merits the description of "world class" as defined by Barwick.

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes but neither Trevor or Brian have met with any of the potential candidates yet."

If the suspicions of most people at the FA are confirmed, and Mourinho signs a pre-contract with a club, then the race to replace Steve McClaren appears an all-Italian duel between Lippi and Capello.

Klinsmann, the German based in California, is considered the outsider of the five, while O'Neill's commitment to Aston Villa will be clarified only when the FA sound him out in person

The Old Hag

Legendary coach
Dec 7, 2007
I would never sack a person without reason.

Ranieri or a plumber,no matter.
It's not without a reason, Turk. It's because a manager who is like a zillion times better than Ranieri happens to available at the time and we, of all clubs, shouldn't miss this golden opportunity!

Btw, Mourinho has just rejected the FA's proposal. It's time we sing him, people!

The Old Hag

Legendary coach
Dec 7, 2007
according to the papers mourinho has an agreement with milan to replace ancelotti (who will probably coach the azzurri after the europeans)
I just find it hard to believe Mourinho signing for Milan! I mean, for how long will he put up with Berlusconi's tactical musings?

I can see him signing for Inter, Juve, Real or even Barça, but not Milan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)