Jorge Martínez (4 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i havent seen enough of him but im thinking as a LW, a player who can possibly be a SS on that left side where del piero used to rule...seems like a good idea.

BUT we had that player in giovinco, so is it 12 million down the drain?

Pepe, Martinez, De Ceglie, Salihamidzic, Iago.....

Camo and Gio out

Possibly Krasic.

Seriously not a scary looking set of wingers.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
"When you play with strong players like Amauri, Del Piero, and Diego it's much easier if you can play the ball to feet”

That guy will be stunned by the end of the first match.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
One thing is for sure, people don't know he's a good player.

Many think he's average at best only because he plays for Catania.
Its because of the dellusional hopes, that this team may become smth more, than just "good" and average tomorrow.
Poor fellowr are still hoping we should aim for top players.
Some fans need a decade or so to realise that we are not meant to be competitive again...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Its because of the dellusional hopes, that this team may become smth more, than just "good" and average tomorrow.
Poor fellowr are still hoping we should aim for top players.
Some fans need a decade or so to realise that we are not meant to be competitive again...
Is it official?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Martinez: 'All the world knows Juve'
Sunday 4 July, 2010
Jorge Martinez explains he turned down a move to Lazio because “Juventus have more prestige and I dreamed of a club like this.”
The Catania winger had already agreed the transfer to Rome when Juve intervened and he changed his mind.

“In these first few days at Juventus I got a great impression of the place, as I am aware that I have joined a very prestigious side,” he said in his presentation Press conference.

“I dreamed of a club like this. I also thank Lazio, who followed me for a long time, but I chose Juventus for their prestige. The whole world knows of the Bianconeri.”

The Uruguayan can take on a number of roles in Gigi Del Neri’s 4-4-2 system.

“I like playing wide right and played there for Catania as well. I don’t know what position I will have here, but I am ready to sacrifice myself for the team in any area of the pitch.

“I am a player who loves to have the ball at his feet and run at opponents. Every now and then I hold on to it for too long, but when you reach this level it means working on your limitations.

“Off the ball I am capable of going all the way up and down the flank, even marking players.

“It’s true that I was born to put crosses into the box, but I think when you have teammates like Alessandro Del Piero, Amauri and Diego, it’s best to play the ball to feet.”

Martinez was in the preliminary squad for the World Cup, but dropped from the final 23-man list and is cheering on his countrymen in the semi-finals.

“It was a technical choice by Coach Oscar Washington Tabarez, not due to an injury. Admittedly I was a little upset when I first found out, but I am still very happy for the great World Cup that my teammates are having.

“This is a wonderful group of humble players who deserve this success. I hope to see them in the Final.”

source: http://football-italia.net/jul04o.html

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Marceℓℓo;2571011 said:
I have a pretty good feeling about this guy,even though we overpaid for him.I can imagine him playing upfront,his headers are incredible.
:tup:

Me and Dooz think he'll do well here.

May 22, 2007
Interesting what he said.

“It’s true that I was born to put crosses into the box,
Width then :tup:

but I think when you have teammates like Alessandro Del Piero, Amauri and Diego, it’s best to play the ball to feet.”
It's best to play to ball to Amauri's feet? People have been crying out to get some wingers to cross it in to his head.

Weird that Amauri's name was mentioned instead of Iaquinta/Trez, he could be starting next season.

“It was a technical choice by Coach Oscar Washington Tabarez, not due to an injury."
As I said about 100 times before, he didn't fit into the current team.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Martinez: 'All the world knows Juve'
Sunday 4 July, 2010
Jorge Martinez explains he turned down a move to Lazio because “Juventus have more prestige and I dreamed of a club like this.”
The Catania winger had already agreed the transfer to Rome when Juve intervened and he changed his mind.

“In these first few days at Juventus I got a great impression of the place, as I am aware that I have joined a very prestigious side,” he said in his presentation Press conference.

“I dreamed of a club like this. I also thank Lazio, who followed me for a long time, but I chose Juventus for their prestige. The whole world knows of the Bianconeri.”

The Uruguayan can take on a number of roles in Gigi Del Neri’s 4-4-2 system.

I like playing wide right and played there for Catania as well. I don’t know what position I will have here, but I am ready to sacrifice myself for the team in any area of the pitch.

“I am a player who loves to have the ball at his feet and run at opponents. Every now and then I hold on to it for too long, but when you reach this level it means working on your limitations.

“Off the ball I am capable of going all the way up and down the flank, even marking players.

“It’s true that I was born to put crosses into the box, but I think when you have teammates like Alessandro Del Piero, Amauri and Diego, it’s best to play the ball to feet.”

Martinez was in the preliminary squad for the World Cup, but dropped from the final 23-man list and is cheering on his countrymen in the semi-finals.

“It was a technical choice by Coach Oscar Washington Tabarez, not due to an injury. Admittedly I was a little upset when I first found out, but I am still very happy for the great World Cup that my teammates are having.

“This is a wonderful group of humble players who deserve this success. I hope to see them in the Final.”

source: http://football-italia.net/jul04o.html
I thought he was primarily a left winger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)