Jorge Andrade (6 Viewers)

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Hmm, I have a feeling that we will get Andrade and Milito. Why? If we are planning to get 2 CB, let say Milito for 16m and Barzagli or Canna for 10, then this we still have 16m EUR for second CB. We don't need to sign him know, because his price is know around 18 - 20 mio, because of Barca's interest. If Barca wouldn't get him in a week, they will probably look for another solution and his price will go down.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
You wait and see , for me he is a Juventus player with all due of respect.
I agree the only thing that can happen is that he fails his medical. If he passes you guys don't need to worry about his health any longer.
I really don't think he wiil ask for a wage we can't afford. So...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Tonight he'll be in Turin and tomorrow are the medical tests, so we may read it officialized on the official site tomorrow.

In addition, he said that he liked to join Juve and asked the president of his club not to increase his price in order to enable him to play with Juve.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Tonight he'll be in Turin and tomorrow are the medical tests, so we may read it officialized on the official site tomorrow.

In addition, he said that he liked to join Juve and asked the president of his club not to increase his price in order to enable him to play with Juve.
That's nice of him :smoke:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Portuguese defender Jorge Andrade will sign tomorrow for Juventus after convincing Deportivo's president to lower his asking price for him.

He was already forced to stay to stay in Galicia last summer, when a bad knee injury forced him to skip the World Cup and put him out of the picture for a possible transfer away from the Riazor. Portuguese defender Jorge Andrade, 29 years old, was about to miss the train once again, and this time it could have been the last that comes along.

The negotiations between Deportivo and Juventus had stalled: the La Coruña club, who have been experiencing a serious economic crisis the last few seasons after the glory of the early 2000s, wanted to earn the highest amount possible from the sale of their best defender. At that point it was the player himself who approached the club president, Cesar Lendoiro: "I want to go to Juve", Andrade said, "the offer is good and for me it would be an great opportunity."

By then the negotiations started going underway: around 8 to 10 million euros will go to the Spanish club, a three-year deal worth 2 million euros a season for the player. It cannot not have been easy, because in past seasons Lendoiro had always made huge demands for the player's sale when clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona, and Manchester United came asking for the player.

Bought from Porto in 2002 for 12 million euros, Lendoiro had attached a massive 60 million euro buy-out clause. It was the time when Deportivo had dreams of glory, and wanted to rule in la Liga and the Champions League, spending over 55 million euros in 2001 alone.

Goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)