Jonathan Biabiany - Parma - Winger (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Can you tell me at what roll does Giacc play? Even he dosent know

Giacc was used as a wild card not as a utility player, conte use of the wild card role went mostly unnoticed by popole but it showed what a great coach conte is.

Giacc job when brought in was to creat an element of randomnes in our game when it slowed down or we became predictable, he played in almost any position because he didn't have a defined tactical responsebility.
I did tell you what roll Giacc plays, brother: he's a utility player. He's played at LWF, RWF, at CM, and at LWB. A wild card, not a utility player? We're getting a little subjectively creative in our labelling here, yeah? :D

So when Giacc was doing a job at LWB for us, he had no tactical responsibility? Or when he was fielded as a mid, Conte was like 'don't worry about the structure, just do something randomly creative'? Like that? The guy played in 17 league games for us, and started 10 (I did look this up :p ), so it's not like he was primarily used in this wild card role you speak of (imo).

I understand what you're trying to say here. I like Giacc, he's a live wire, provides that spark off the bench, but we don't need to look for another limited player to bring that spark - that's my opinion. We need to continue bringing in measured quality, what the hell has Biabiany done to earn a spot at Juventus? You may even see another quick, diminutive guy like Giovinco occasionally introduced into that kind of 'spark' role, especially given the competition up front - we'll see - but I sure hope we don't buy this guy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I have my ways.

If he is good enough for X, then he is good enough for me.
:heart:

The worrying thing is why are we interested when Biabiany has utterly regressed as a player last season or two, not the dangerous direct running counter attacking menace he used to be, just a lost half-assed version of himself now, one that isnt remotely key to a team like Parma anymore.
if conte can fix anything, thats motivation

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I did tell you what roll Giacc plays, brother: he's a utility player. He's played at LWF, RWF, at CM, and at LWB. A wild card, not a utility player? We're getting a little subjectively creative in our labelling here, yeah? :D

So when Giacc was doing a job at LWB for us, he had no tactical responsibility? Or when he was fielded as a mid, Conte was like 'don't worry about the structure, just do something randomly creative'? Like that? The guy played in 17 league games for us, and started 10 (I did look this up :p ), so it's not like he was primarily used in this wild card role you speak of (imo).

I understand what you're trying to say here. I like Giacc, he's a live wire, provides that spark off the bench, but we don't need to look for another limited player to bring that spark - that's my opinion. We need to continue bringing in measured quality, what the hell has Biabiany done to earn a spot at Juventus? You may even see another quick, diminutive guy like Giovinco occasionally introduced into that kind of 'spark' role, especially given the competition up front - we'll see - but I sure hope we don't buy this guy.
I get what you're saying and I agree but not with everything. Most of those 10 games he started was when he played as a CM, cause Asa was used as a LWB and Marrone as a CB so he was needed and in those games he did have a tactical responsebility.

But imo he wasn't brought here as a CM and so I stand by what i said, in those 7 other games when he came on as a sub he was just that, a wild card.

Again, I understand your take on it but i'm sticking with mine on this one even though it seems like a bit of a strech

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I get what you're saying and I agree but not with everything. Most of those 10 games he started was when he played as a CM, cause Asa was used as a LWB and Marrone as a CB so he was needed and in those games he did have a tactical responsebility.

But imo he wasn't brought here as a CM and so i stand by what i said, in those 7 other games when he came on as a sub he was just that, a wild card.

Again, I understand you take on it but i'm sticking with mine on this one
I agree. He was brought here initially because Conte was looking at a 4-2-4 system early on, and he was thinking about using him down that LW primarily, I think, but he was also bought because he was versatile, a character/team guy.

But ultimately, Conte's formation changed pretty quickly because of Arturo, etc., and Giacc's role on the team became that of utility player (which is an important role, and he did his job well. Worked him butt off).

Conte used him as a spark off the bench, at times late in games, where the mission was: get forward, we need creativity, and a goal. If you want to call that the wild card role, cool. :D

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I agree. He was brought here initially because Conte was looking at a 4-2-4 system early on, and he was thinking about using him down that LW primarily, I think, but he was also bought because he was versatile, a character/team guy.

But ultimately, Conte's formation changed pretty quickly because of Arturo, etc., and Giacc's role on the team became that of utility player (which is an important role, and he did his job well. Worked him butt off).

Conte used him as a spark off the bench, at times late in games, where the mission was: get forward, we need creativity, and a goal. If you want to call that the wild card role, cool. :D
:tup: It's not you it's me, Too much Sunny today

Gallo2

Jun 12, 2013
The worrying thing is why are we interested when Biabiany has utterly regressed as a player last season or two, not the dangerous direct running counter attacking menace he used to be, just a lost half-assed version of himself now, one that isnt remotely key to a team like Parma anymore.
Does Juventus need headless counter attack runners is the big question. Few percents better or worse won't change much if he can't do shit in possesion football.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Red what do you think about Biabiany?
I think he's fast and I think he's stupid.

Now, it is possible to incorporate a player like that into your team if you play a counter-attacking game, but Juve don't do that very often. Also, even if his pace is useful on the break, there still comes a point where you have to do something other than run fast and his lack of technique and intelligence make it pretty unlikely that the end product would be useful.

I'm not sure I can think of a situation or postion where I would pick him ahead of Pepe (or would have picked him ahead of Giaccherini).

However, I don't see an awful lot of harm in Juve signing him if they are just trading away a useless player (De Ceglie) or a kid who needs to go somewhere to play (Marrone), but I wouldn't commit cash to signing Biabiany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)