John Elkann (38 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's where our fall truly started, not during Calciopoli. When you even look at our "youngsters": Giovinco, Marchisio, De Ceglie, all three of them were introduced by Didier into the first team. Since he left, we didn't have a single player promoted from the primavera, nor had we bought any player that would matter, bar Sissoko (who, if I remember correctly, was linked to us since Deschamps' days). I still think that once Didier was gone, hiring Ranieri was the sensible idea, but let's face it, he didn't live up to his reputation of a team builder.
Well said, totally correct on Deschamps. And Ranieri isn't a team builder. That's just nonsense spouted by folks that like the guy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Well said, totally correct on Deschamps. And Ranieri isn't a team builder. That's just nonsense spouted by folks that like the guy.
The thing that angers me the most is, that Deschamps really seemed to have a vision with the club. He knew exactly where we should be in 2,3,4 years, what we should play, which players we needed. With Deschamps, we had a manager, with Ranieri, we had a coach.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It took you some years, but i m glad that we are all in the same page now!
Kudos to Andy and Vinny, who had the patience to keep sharing their views and throw some light.
Hopefully, by now, more ppl have reached that conclusion, and somebody will do smth about it...
Wishful thinking did not help us to win any titles or to compensate for the incompetence of our management and the strategical mistakes they have done.

Now the last remnants of our champion heart are gone and no matter how much money we spent, we cant buy success!

I m not sure how much about those "conspiracy theories" are true, but we can tell with certainty that the Agnelli are devided, our enemies have smelled that weakness and have successfully inflicted a devastating blow to our cause.

The five year plan, has naturally have failed!
Enough with the coach/scapegoats!
Someone needs to step up and lead us back where we belong!
Arent there any ppl who still love and respect Juve out there??

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
They didn't fire Deschamps. Deschamps knew right away that his bosses were inept clowns and that he didn't want to be associated with the crime of flushing the club down the toilet. I respect him more with each passing season for leaving.

John ElCLOWN it is...
It took you some years, but i m glad that we are all in the same page now!
Kudos to Andy and Vinny, who had the patience to keep sharing their views and throw some light.
Hopefully, by now, more ppl have reached that conclusion, and somebody will do smth about it...
Wishful thinking did not help us to win any titles or to compensate for the incompetence of our management and the strategical mistakes they have done.

Now the last remnants of our champion heart are gone and no matter how much money we spent, we cant buy success!

I m not sure how much about those "conspiracy theories" are true, but we can tell with certainty that the Agnelli are devided, our enemies have smelled that weakness and have successfully inflicted a devastating blow to our cause.

The five year plan, has naturally have failed!
Enough with the coach/scapegoats!
Someone needs to step up and lead us back where we belong!
Arent there any ppl who still love and respect Juve out there??
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

good posts, guys :tup:

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
They didn't fire Deschamps. Deschamps knew right away that his bosses were inept clowns and that he didn't want to be associated with the crime of flushing the club down the toilet. I respect him more with each passing season for leaving.
But later Deschamps said he made a mistake by leaving.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Juventus patron John Elkann has been realistic about the team's recent return to form, insisting that he's just happy they don't lose anymore.

The Bianconeri have won their last three games in all competitions and broke back into the top four for the first time in over a month yesterday.

“There is still a lot to do,” Elkann said. “But now Juventus have stopped losing and this is already a positive factor.

“Anyway, let's keep our feet on the ground, also because there are many strong teams in Serie A. Also the fact Del Piero is playing well is a boost for everyone.

“This is a new beginning, but there is still work to do.”

Asked about the recent arguments over refereeing in Italy, Elkann said: “I believe that we always need to speak in a sporting manner and out of respect for the institutions.

“If someone has something to say then they can do it, but always in a respectful and positive way. We all have something to gain from Italian football getting stronger.”

FT

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Juventus patron John Elkann is satisfied with the progress his side are making under caretaker boss Alberto Zaccheroni.

The grandson of Gianni Agnelli was extremely critical of Juventus in the spring when things were starting to fall apart under Zaccheroni's predecessor, Ciro Ferrara.

The Bianconeri beat Fiorentina 2-1 at the Artemio Franchi on Saturday and appear back on course to qualify for next year's Champions League.

Speaking to Tuttosport, Elkann said: “Finally we have seen a nice Juve.”

“We played well. I saw the game against Fiorentina, and it was entertaining. Of course the win is a positive thing for us, and we must continue playing like this,” he concluded.

Juventus are back in action on Thursday when they welcome Fulham to the Olimpico in the Europa League.

FT

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Did you guys see Lapo interfere in the Raptors-Lakers game? The game was really tight in the last minute and the ball was going out of bounds. Calderon tried to keep it in play for the Raptors but Lapo got out of his seat to deflect it away from him so it would be Lakers ball.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9620/josefan.jpg

You can't see his face but it's him, I assure you.

The obvious conclusion is that he hates Italians since the Raptors have the most Italian players in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)