John Elkann (17 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Tardelli: Juve's board is inadequate[/FONT]
Friday 19 March, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marco Tardelli has blamed the Juventus board of directors for the club's disastrous season, which was compounded last night with a 4-1 defeat to Fulham.

The Bianconeri were knocked out of the Europa League and now have nothing else to play for except finishing in the top four and qualifying for next year's Champions League.

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Tardelli said: “They have spoken a lot about transparency, youngsters, of many things, but in reality little has been done.

“The problem is that there are people who are probably not adapted to the world of football. Above all, they are a little presumptuous. They believe that it's possible to understand football in 10 seconds.”

Tardelli did see a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel albeit in the figure of his former teammate Roberto Bettega who returned to the club in January as a vice-general manager.

“Bettega is back,” Tardelli explained. “I hope he does well and that he manages to put this situation in order. There are many reasons behind this disaster.

“I believe that it will take important players and a man who really understands the market. I am not saying Luciano Moggi, but someone like Moggi.

“It will take another two or three years,” he concluded.
[/FONT]

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Tardelli: Juve's board is inadequate[/FONT]
Friday 19 March, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marco Tardelli has blamed the Juventus board of directors for the club's disastrous season, which was compounded last night with a 4-1 defeat to Fulham.

The Bianconeri were knocked out of the Europa League and now have nothing else to play for except finishing in the top four and qualifying for next year's Champions League.

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Tardelli said: “They have spoken a lot about transparency, youngsters, of many things, but in reality little has been done.

“The problem is that there are people who are probably not adapted to the world of football. Above all, they are a little presumptuous. They believe that it's possible to understand football in 10 seconds.”

Tardelli did see a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel albeit in the figure of his former teammate Roberto Bettega who returned to the club in January as a vice-general manager.

“Bettega is back,” Tardelli explained. “I hope he does well and that he manages to put this situation in order. There are many reasons behind this disaster.

“I believe that it will take important players and a man who really understands the market. I am not saying Luciano Moggi, but someone like Moggi.

“It will take another two or three years,” he concluded.
[/FONT]
I bolded what I believe. Youth.

Dec 31, 2008
Juventus patron John Elkann is disillusioned by the club's lack of success this season and has promised they will rebuild.

The team have fallen well below expectations this season and are not competing for any trophies, having now been eliminated from the Europa League and Coppa Italia while they sit 18 points behind Inter in Serie A.

After their 3-1 loss to Napoli on Thursday, even their ambitions of qualifying for next season's Champions League look to be in jeopardy.

"I am saddened, disappointed, and angry," Elkann was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"As a fan I cannot help it. There is no grit at any level. We must react quickly to build a stronger Juventus."

The Bianconeri face relegation threatened Atalanta this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)