Johan Elmander in Juve? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
Serie A - Juventus eye Elmander

Eurosport - Tue, 12 Jun 14:32:00 2007

Serie A - Juventus are reported to be lining up a bid for Toulouse forward Johan Elmander.
FOOTBALL 2006-2007 Toulouse - Elmander - 0

The newly-crowned Serie B champions are set to lose France striker David Trezeguet this summer to either Lyon or Liverpool.

And Sweden international Elmander, who was one of the stand-out players in Ligue 1 this season, was nominated for the French Player if the Year award, in which he lost out to Lyon's Florent Malouda.

"I can confirm that some European clubs are following Johan closely," Elmander's agent Anders Wallsten told Sportbladet.

"However, I do not want to comment on Juventus specifically at this point in time."

Elmander, 25, spent several seasons trying to break into the Feyenoord first team before returning to Sweden on loan with Djurgardens, following which he returned to the Netherlands with NAC for a season before moving permanently to Brondby in Denmark.

The former Holmanlunds and Orgryte man joined Toulouse at the start of the season just gone and would cost in the region of 6 million euros.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12062007/58/serie-juventus-eye-elmander.html

Have you seen this guy playing? Is he any good?

Buy on AliExpress.com

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Elmanderinovic? :D He is the guy in my avatar actually.

One of my favourite players, he is very hardworking and allround and the Swedes think of him as the only given forward in the NT, Rosenberg, Ibrahimovic and Allbäck can fight for the other spot. He has a great personality to, very humble and always gives all in training.

He was nominated for player of the year in ligue 1 along with Malouda and one more. He also got selected to the team of the year in France. Though he isn't really what we need, he is a supporting striker and we already got Del Piero, Palladino and apparently Miccoli there.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
As I have already written in another thread, Elmander is not good enough for Juventus! He had one good season in France. And that is not worth paying €6 mio. for!

I watched him alot when he played for Brøndby and he is nowhere near consistent enough to play for Juventus.

Of course he has obviously gotten better. But still...

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Really. :undecide:

I think by this years performances, both in the NT and in the french league he is. But we're still packed in that position.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Meh. I think he is pretty much as the same kind of as Larsson. The kind that succeed thanks to hard work, great ambition and just being a great team player.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
Meh I see Elmander and Larsson as pretty much as the same kind of player. The kind that succeed thanks to hard work,great ambition and just being a great team player.
I don't think any of them have been, are or will be good enough for Juventus.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As I have already written in another thread, Elmander is not good enough for Juventus! He had one good season in France. And that is not worth paying €6 mio. for!

I watched him alot when he played for Brøndby and he is nowhere near consistent enough to play for Juventus.

Of course he has obviously gotten better. But still...

:tup:

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
We are giving up from Trez and eventually signing some unanimous prick.
Management,management,shame on you.
Stop making experiments with Juve and fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)