João Cancelo (4 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The role of a RB/LB has changed in recent years and is now more about how many crosses they can get in the box than how many they block. They need to be a extra attacking outlet. Cancelo is perfect for todays RB role and is only 24. Plus his ability to keep possession in tight areas and beat a man is vital in Europe.

I actually think his defensive weaknesses are exaggerated. When he first joined he was incredibly shaky but he improved during the season. In the final months I saw De Sciglio (a supposed reliable RB) make more defensive errors than Cancelo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Could it be his defensive game that the club is doubting? He also hade some problems with Allegri. Could be a combination of both the diciplinary reasons and the club seeing him as as liability in defence.

If he stays he really need to develop his defensive skills, you can't be sure he will. If that was the case then you can pick any good offensive winger and make him play fullback. Some players struggle to develop that part of the game.

He is a fun player to watch, but I am not worried about this. If we sell him im sure Paratici and the rest know what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

The role of a RB/LB has changed in recent years and is now more about how many crosses they can get in the box than how many they block. They need to be a extra attacking outlet. Cancelo is perfect for todays RB role and is only 24. Plus his ability to keep possession in tight areas and beat a man is vital in Europe.

I actually think his defensive weaknesses are exaggerated. When he first joined he was incredibly shaky but he improved during the season. In the final months I saw De Sciglio (a supposed reliable RB) make more defensive errors than Cancelo.
De Sciglio is a okey player nothing more. He will struggle both in defence and attack. Cancelo can beat a man, very entartaining to watch, but he is naive sometimes. Remember against Ajax away, that goal was on him, trying to do something extra. He is a RM so im not suprised he is good going forward, but as a RB you need to be good in defence to. Maby the club don't trust him in that aspect.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why would anyone doubt cancelos defensiv game, but be okay with Bonuccis. We should start with a cb which actually can defend

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I dont think anyone here want Bonucci to be our starting CB.. It is just that Cancelo can fetch money while Bonucci cant..

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I don't believe the rumors regarding his sale. Definitely not for 50mln. What kind of plusvalenza is that? We just got him for 40mln last year and maybe managed to have 20% of that amortized. Therefore, approximately 30-35 of the potential fee would have to cover the unamortized amount. Consequently, what we have left, 15mln profit? Not much if we plan to have 550mln revenue next year.

We could get the same money by selling Mandzukic or Khedira who are older.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Can only be based on generating money right at this point in time. I dont but the he cant defend position. Then use him higher in one of the winger roles. In fact cuadrado did his knee and wont be the same...costa is injured a lot. Not convinced Bernie is a pure winger. Cancelo fits the role well.

Anyway...the club needs cash to fund others. As usual we will strengthen areas by weakening others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)