Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (7 Viewers)

Jan 15, 2010
My list of 5 unforgivable mistakes made by Juve board:

1- Letting go of Deschamps
I still do not know what happened there. Many explanations exist, like differences with Secco over transfer policy (he didn't want Tiago and Almiron?). Personally I believe he wanted to clip the wings of senior players and asked for backing of the board. Anyway and whichever the reason, making him resign was a very big mistake. Either case he was right, Tiago and Almiron were bad signings; and Juve locker room has never been united and behind coach ever since. This team cannot get out of trouble, because coach doesn't have security on the bench anymore, and players can actually slack knowing someone else will get the blame.

2- Buying Tiago
He was bad in Chelsea and bad in Lyon. Buying him was the first of many compromises the board made in transfer market, Sissoko not available, okay buy Tiago instead. Each and every time they later realized the compromise was not good enough and had to buy the main target in another transfer window. As the English say “I don't have enough money to buy cheap.”

3- Letting go of Ranieri
He was actually over-achieving with the team. If the board stayed behind him in that time of trouble, which was the second time they didn't support their coach (first being Deschamps) which I believe have weakened Juventus bench for a long time to come, the team would learn to get out of its problem by hard work and unity. Unless a team does that, and find that unity and character to come back, you have to change coach after every dip in form and you never can have continuity, thus you become :inter:.
I remember once Wenger was offered the bench of Real Madrid after they sacked a couple coaches, he didn't accept, saying that if you change so many coaches and you still lose, maybe your problem is not the coach.

4- Signing Ferrara
They wanted a young, energetic, fresh and attacking side. So what's the best choice? A young and fresh coach. Huge huge mistake there. In that summer we saw van Gaal to Bayern, Delneri to Sampdoria, Ancelotti to Chelsea...
Now it is proven a young coach was not a good idea, but it’s a little late, the damage has been done. Juve bench is no more a stable and steady place, and a coach does not have enough time to build anything worthwhile there. If we bring in a new coach, can we be sure he won't be sacked the first time a dip in form happens? Can anyone (including coach and players) count on continuity? I don't think so. Not anymore. Not after three sackings in four years.
It seems we had a few problems in the locker room too (with Ranieri and Deschamps). Politically, we needed a coach with unquestionable authority to stay for a long time. But we made a gamble and assigned an untested unproven coach. It was a mistake to take a gamble after Ranieri and Deschamps.

5- Letting go of Zanetti
The only thing missing in Juve this year (except a pacey defender) is a midfielder who can dictate the tempo of the play and distribute the ball. We had one; we didn't think it useful and sold it for peanuts. To a rival too. Ferrara was actually stupid enough to tell a host of useful players they are not welcome in his team. Most of them left (like Almirón, Zanetti and eventually the really useless Tiago), but the one who had the guts to stay to prove himself (Poulsen) became very useful indeed. He has been the most consistent Juventus midfielder this season.
I believe they sold Zanetti because they thought at his age he will pick up another injury and miss most of this season too. It was a season-ruining mistake. The only thing that I claim to know about football is that you can never ever have too many midfielders (except Tiago of course).

So, what’s the verdict? Shall we sack Ferrara or not?

I agree with all the points specially the 5th, and I believe that the 4th point came as a result of the 3rd and the policy of saving money in first place.

Should they sack ferrara, I would say: No, it is not his fault in first place although he has no experience, but he hold some responsibility.

On the other hand, should they sack Blanc or Seeco, or maybe both? I would say, a good choice to consider, but who will come ??!!!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
"The person truly responsible for this failure is Blanc who represents the full footballing incompetency of this new club.

Take into account that to do the deal for Paolucci he had to get Franzo Grande Stevens to telephone Siena's President in person? Paolucci, as if I had said Ibrahimovic…

Blanc deserves to be sacked this instant! In three years he has thrown away €250m. In 12 years we didn't waste a penny of the owner's.”

- Moggi

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
A large group of Juve fans ("Friends of the National Association of Juventus" led by Paul Bertinetti) want a new president and it's on many sites. They want Allegra Agnelli.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Allegra? I can hardly find any info about her, is she John's and Lapo's mother? Finally someone takes some action, a lot of sites report about some protest planned for Saturday at 17:30. They don't even wait for Ciro's "last chance" kick-off :tup:
Good, let's burn this bordello. And fucko sucko.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Blanc: "I know a thing or 2 about football. I don't understand why people think I'm an incompetent in that department."

:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)