Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (7 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
15 January 2008
New harmony in international football: agreement reached between UEFA, FIFA and the big Clubs

UEFA and FIFA signed a letter of intent with the major European Clubs in Zurich today, signalling a new era of cooperation in international football. Both the President of UEFA, Platini, and of FIFA, Blatter, attended the meeting. Managing Director Jean-Claude Blanc (read his comment) took part, representing Juventus, while AC Milan sent Adriano Galliani and Umberto Gandini.

The agreement includes the founding of a new organisation (the European Clubs Association), which will represent European Clubs and uphold their interests in the appropriate way when dealing with UEFA and FIFA on relevant subjects for the future of the Clubs, such as financial contributions for players participating in European and World Championships, and scheduling calendars.

Once active, the European Clubs Association will be the only organization allowed to represent Clubs, officially looking after their interests at international level. The G14 assembly will gather next on February 15 to define the organizational aspects of creating the new organization.
Source: - Juventus.com

I posted that 'cos Blanc has commented on it : -

15 January 2008
Blanc: «A new era of cooperation between Clubs and institutions is opening»

«The agreement signed today in Zurich – Jean-Claude Blanc declared upon arriving at the Olimpico Stadium tonight – represents the beginning of a full cooperation between the major European Clubs and the institutions regulating international football. Juventus, just like the other Clubs who participated in the meeting, defended their interests and those of the major European Clubs, at the same time recognising UEFA and FIFA's role. A long discussion has now ended; Juventus worked consistently to reach this result: a new cycle now opens, based on trust between Clubs and institutions, in which we'll keep doing our part».
Source: - Juventus.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve Director Defends Transfer Strategy

Juventus director Jean-Claude Blanc has reacted to criticism of the club's work in the transfer market since ensuring promotion back into the Serie A.

Juve's lackluster start to the second half of the season has meant that the Bianconeri brass have increasingly come under fire for their personel choices, with many of the club's more high profile signings - including Jean-Alain Boumsong, Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes - not even coming close to carrying their weight.

The Old Lady’s work in the January transfer window has also failed to satisfy the majority of critics. Guglielmo Stendardo was brought in on loan despite an error-prone first-half to the season at Lazio, Aston Villa’s Olof Mellberg signed a pre-contract agreement for the summer, while Juve supporters were hugely opposed to the €13m signing of Momo Sissoko from Liverpool.

"To give a judgement on the market we must wait until the end of the season, even taking into account our capacity' to make quick decisions it is certainly not easy to continue to improve the quality of this team," insisted Blanc.

"In terms of today, our scouts are working closely with management and the coach to find the right players for another leap in quality next season."

The Bianconeri face a tricky away tie to Udinese today, where they will be desperate to bounce back from their poor performance against relegation strugglers Cagliari last week in order to strengthen their bid for a spot in the Champions League next year.

goal.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
What "capacity of making quick decisions" is he mumbling about????

Even if we wait until the end of the season, our defense material wont be improved and Almiron+Tiago+Boumsong will still be flops, both as strategic and tactical moves.
Mellberg will become a year older,he will join, when all of our CBs will be available again,
to replace any kind of hope for a world class CB we had!!
Sissoko might succeed, but he is the third expensive DM we buy,
to find a half decent one, spending almost 50+mil for them!
Stendardo with his new clause is destined to leave, since he will be even more expensive, than Barzagli!!
If he sux, it will be just another wrong choice. If he goes well, then we have to throw him away and make a new defense all over again within 6 months.
No matter how you see it, Blanc your choices sux and you are a failure!!!

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Blanc: Inter & Milan Will Be Finished In 20 Years

Juventus managing director Jean-Claude Blanc says that the current financial model at his club is much better than that at Inter and Milan, and questions where those two clubs will be when their current Presidents are no longer around.
»Comments (2) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom The present Juventus leadership have faced a great deal of criticism from fans for the way they are running the club.

However Blanc makes some interesting and controversial statements when he compares the set-up of Juve to that of Inter and Milan.

"A hundred kilometres from here, in Milan, there are two strong and rich clubs,” Blanc told Tuttosport.

“Moratti, in five or six years, has lost a billion dollars, Berlusconi has no liquidity problems, and if he wants to buy a player he pays for them. We are not like this.

“But the supporters of Juventus should be proud to have a club that is well on its feet in terms of budget, without lowering its coefficient of competitiveness.

“I wonder, in 20 years time, when the day comes when there will no longer be Moratti, and there will no longer be Berlusconi - will it be the end of Inter and Milan?

“You could say the same about Roman Abramovich with Chelsea. Our model is like Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona.”

Gianni Wilson

I can see where he is coming from but both Milan and Inter had higher operating incomes lately

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
When Berlusconi and Moratti are gone, they will be succeeded by the next tycoon with too much money. Institutions like Inter and AC will always be interesting for people with a big bankroll.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
When Berlusconi and Moratti are gone, they will be succeeded by the next tycoon with too much money. Institutions like Inter and AC will always be interesting for people with a big bankroll.
they will never get any where, they have no soul anymore. not as juve do.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
“To do so we need a mixture of champions and youth. Last Friday I met all our youth Coaches and reminded them that our priorities don’t change, we want to create a Ronaldinho rather than buying one.”

Well, this is fooball and this is how I want juventus to be. We were always the providers of good italian players to the National Team and our mission won't change ever.

Forza Juventus. :bigscarf:

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
they will never get any where, they have no soul anymore. not as juve do.
Now tha't's a very bold statement. You can't say they will never get anywhere. Inter has the second most scudetti in Italy and Milan has more CL trophies than us.
My point is, clubs like that don't solely depend on a sugardaddy. It's not easy to break down a large institution like Juve, AC or Inter. We have proved that.
The moment Moratti leaves and they get into trouble, either another tycoon steps in or the financial structure will get remoddled.

OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #38
    Now tha't's a very bold statement. You can't say they will never get anywhere. Inter has the second most scudetti in Italy and Milan has more CL trophies than us.
    My point is, clubs like that don't solely depend on a sugardaddy. It's not easy to break down a large institution like Juve, AC or Inter. We have proved that.
    The moment Moratti leaves and they get into trouble, either another tycoon steps in or the financial structure will get remoddled.
    Juventus 29 Scudetti
    milan 17
    inter 13

milan has more CL trophies?Look at where were they before berlusconi.

Jul 15, 2006
    Blanc plans frugal future
    Friday 18 April, 2008

Juventus director Jean-Claude Blanc has criticised the spendthrift transfer policies of Milan and Inter and has a different plan for the Bianconeri.

The Old Lady are expected to invest heavily in reinforcements this summer, with Palermo hitman Amauri already close to agreeing a switch to Turin.

However, Blanc is determined that the Cadetti champions won’t jeopardise the long-term future of the club by spending recklessly.

“The fans understand that 100km away from Turin there are two very strong and rich clubs,” he said.

“Inter’s Massimo Moratti has lost millions over the last five or six years and Silvio Berlusconi doesn’t have cash flow problems at Milan – if he wants a player, he buys him.

“But we are different. The Juve fans are proud to have a club that don’t operate that way.

“In 20 years’ time when there isn’t a Moratti or a Berlusconi, what will happen to Inter and Milan?

“It’s the same thing with Roman Abramovich at Chelsea. That’s why our models are Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Barcelona.”

After a year of exile in Serie B, Juve are back amongst the elite and are set to secure Champions League football for next term.

“However negative the aftermath of Calciopoli was, a year in Serie B was useful,’ Blanc insisted.

“It helped us to see who we could rely on and who we couldn’t as a club and as a team.

“I am not amazed that we are headed for third place because I was immediately aiming for Champions League qualification and therefore a top-four finish.

“The real challenge was to try and finish closer to first than fourth.

“When I said that it would take five years to rebuild this squad I meant that it would take five years to rebuild to the level of 2006, and that will happen piece by piece.

“But as far as winning again, the hope is that will happen before.

“To do so we need a mixture of champions and youth. Last Friday I met all our youth Coaches and reminded them that our priorities don’t change, we want to create a Ronaldinho rather than buying one.”

C4

-
    Sometimes, I think Blanc is the most sensible and realistic one from the circus of the board we have, I appreciate the last bit, and its true that we don't have the financial backing as the Milanese, but we fight for what we got.

Apr 12, 2004
    I just read that over there, and he has got to be the dumbest mother fucker alive.

We don't want to spend recklessly like Inter or Milan, but we want to be like Real and ManUtd......because neither Man U nor Real Madrid spends recklessly. This guy is a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)