Jérémy Menez (aka Rab) - Winger/SS - AS Roma (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm agreeing with the Mohad here. Howard complained about the talent around him, and the Magic went and made all of those trades, and it looks as if its blowing up in their faces.

Its Derrick Rose and then everyone else for the MVP. Its amazing how under the radar the Bulls were for most of the year. having Tom Thibodeau as a coach was possibly a bigger offseason move than getting Carlos Boozer.

Anyway, back to Menez.

Get him, get him, get him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
great player, would provide some much needed speed and quality.

am not sure if he scores enough to be an SS though, but would be brilliant in a trident.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Menez is good, but not all he's cracked up to be.

For a fee of no more than about 12m he'd be worth getting, though.

However, I don't see him as being as versatile as Dusan suggests. Almost all the good games I've seen from him have come with him playing in a pretty free central role.

Might be interesting to see a set-up something like

Matri

Menez

Bastos-Melo-?????-Krasic​

next season.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #47
    Menez is good, but not all he's cracked up to be.

For a fee of no more than about 12m he'd be worth getting, though.

However, I don't see him as being as versatile as Dusan suggests. Almost all the good games I've seen from him have come with him playing in a pretty free central role.

Might be interesting to see a set-up something like

Matri

Menez

Bastos-Melo-?????-Krasic​

next season.
    They played him everywhere and he was always good enough. I know I've seen him on the left side many times and as a SS. You can see here And no, I'm not basing my view on that video.

As for his price, yes. I don't think he'd over 13mln because his contract expires next season IIRC.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    They played him everywhere and he was always good enough. I know I've seen him on the left side many times and as a SS. You can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oiUdNYiUCY And no, I'm not basing my view on that video.

As for his price, yes. I don't think he'd over 13mln because his contract expires next season IIRC.
    I know he has been used in lots of different roles by Roma and France, but almost all the times he's impressed me he's played centrally.

When he's wide he hangs on the fringes of the game and doesn't get on the ball much. When he's in the centre he's much more active and moves around demanding people give him the ball.

Anyway, I would only play him wide (in the same team as Krasic) in a 4-3-3, and that would be starting left with a lot of freedom to move into central areas..

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #50
    I know he has been used in lots of different roles by Roma and France, but almost all the times he's impressed me he's played centrally.

When he's wide he hangs on the fringes of the game and doesn't get on the ball much. When he's in the centre he's much more active and moves around demanding people give him the ball.

Anyway, I would only play him wide (in the same team as Krasic) in a 4-3-3.
    That would be my choice too :tup:

But like I said, Roma's squad is limited and the only one who gets him would be Vucinic. As for those who love "defending wingers :lol:" I hear he had more tackles than Perotta (who actually plays defending style) and Taddei.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #54
    I wouldn't judge someone's defensive work by how many tackles they make.
    Neither would I, but he does run back and judging by only that he does better than Milos. But I don't care, I think that mentioning that aspect for wingers is nothing but laughable.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Neither would I, but he does run back and judging by only that he does better than Milos. But I don't care, I think that mentioning that aspect for wingers is nothing but laughable.
    I think, in addition to the back four, you need three players who will defend.

So, in a 4-4-2, I would expect one of the wingers to actively take part in defending. Pepe/Marchisio do that, though, so Krasic shouldn't be asked to do as much as he has been.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #58

So, in a 4-4-2, I would expect one of the wingers to actively take part in defending. Pepe/Marchisio do that, though, so Krasic shouldn't be asked to do as much as he has been.
    I don't agree with that theory.

Real works fine when there is noone who defends. Barcelona's midfield is piss poor for defense eventhough they play positioning football. Neither Ribery nor Robben defense in Bayern and so many teams ignore that, and do fine.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

In a 4-4-2 you want both central midfielders and one of the wingers to cover in defense, that's true. But I think you set yourself for disaster when you expect to be defending all the time. Is it likely to be a 4-4-2 next season or is it not known yet?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I don't agree with that theory.

Real works fine when there is noone who defends. Barcelona's midfield is piss poor for defense eventhough they play positioning football. Neither Ribery nor Robben defense in Bayern and so many teams ignore that, and do fine.
    All those teams tend to set out to hold possession of the ball. Juve seems to have a defense first approach.

Bayern has had defensive deficiencies for over two seasons now. Though that's mostly been to their poor defenders, but the lack of midfield cover doesn't help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)