Italy-Stadium projects and developments (1 Viewer)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Is an average of 18,000 really that bad for a team of Udinese's stature, and a town of a very small size? I'd say there is a bigger concern for the crowd averages of both Roma and Lazio (both under 40,000) in a football mad city of a very large size.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #347
    Cellino is an idiot. He bought land just next to an airport and now he whines that aviation safety agencies impede the construction of the stadium.

Not a bright guy.

Trieste has a nice stadium but it's probably gonna be nearly empty.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
    Cellino is an idiot. He bought land just next to an airport and now he whines that aviation safety agencies impede the construction of the stadium.

Not a bright guy.

Trieste has a nice stadium but it's probably gonna be nearly empty.
    Cagliari has a shittiest attendence average in all Serie A. Nearly 10k. Meanwhile Trieste has 50k of residents more than Cagliari city and knowing Trieste didn't see top championship teams for a long time so there could be not so empty stadium i suppose. First time they'll face Merdazzuri there and they have mostly of fans in North-East. So i think stadium will be filled up more than usually when Cagliari is a home team.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
    Trieste is also only a couple of kilometers away from Slovenia and Croatia and I think that many Inter fans from Balkans will attend the match.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Wow 16000 only, pretty disappointing for a team like Udinese. Then I guess 25000 will be more then enough, hopefully it will gain as much interest fron their fans as our stadium has for ours. It's depressing seeing half filled stadiums every week in Serie A whichever the team

---------- Post added 29.03.2012 at 20:32 ----------

CONI slam Italian stadium situation

CONI President Gianni Petrucci hailed Juventus for their new arena, but warned the other Serie A clubs have only performed “plastic surgery” to their stadiums.

The Bianconeri are the first side in Italy to have constructed their own stadium and many other clubs have made plans to follow suit, including Roma, Palermo, Cagliari and Fiorentina.

“Apart from the Juventus Stadium, so far I have only seen plastic surgery, but nothing realistically concrete,” said Petrucci, President of the Italian Olympic Committee.

“I believe if people really want something, then they can have it, but it’s counter-productive to sit and wait for the approval of a law. I still don’t understand why the law hasn’t been passed.”

Club have for several years pressurised the Italian Government to pass a law making it easier to build their own stadiums. At the moment, the sides rent the arenas out from the local council.

“I hope the situation can be cleared up as soon as possible. The law is stuck in red tape and we are close to the risk we won’t even have any games ready to play for Euro 2020.”
    I hope the situation stays the same for at least another 5-7 years :devil:

Amici di Nessuno!

Mr.Milanista

Mar 25, 2012
    This thread is dedicated to projects of renovations, restructurations and constructions of new stadiums in Italy. I will present here the projects that are currently on the way of being achieved and those who have been proposed to city councils. I have removed the plans that are frozen and those that seem unrealistic.

ACF Fiorentina

ACF Fiorentina is currently planning to build a stadium of about 40 000 seats. The location of the stadium has been agreed and works are supposed to start before the end of 2012. It will cost between 180 and 200 million euros.

AS Bari

Plans for the restructuration of the Stadio San Nicola. They plan to remove the athletic track, reduce the capacity from 58 000 to 40 000 seats. It will cost about 70 millions. The club wants to get it done and start works soon as they are currently midtable in Serie B and think that this project will be essential to make it back to Serie A.

http://bari.repubblica.it/cronaca/2011/12/14/foto/nuovo_stadio-26606158/1/

AS Roma

The plan has already been proposed to the city council and the club has found It will have 50-55 000 seats. The club had already found the location to build the stadium. The new owner of the club expects the stadium to be completed within 5 years(2016).

Atalanta Bergamo

Project for the new stadium:

http://www.bergamonerazzurra.com/?action=read&idnotizia=3872

It will cost about 250 million euros and will have 26-28 000 seats. They hope to start construction soon and have it ready for the 2013-2014 season. They will also build a shopping mall and restaurants next to the stadium, much like ours.

Cagliari Calcio

Plan for the construction of a new stadium, the stadio San Caterina.

It will have 23 600 seats and will be ready for the 2013-2014 season. Works will start soon and it will cost only about 40 million euros. The club has already started building the stadium in mainland Italy and they will bring it to Cagliari by boat. This is why it will only take about 6 months to build the stadium once Cellino, the president will have the authorization of the city to begin work on the agreed site.

Calcio Catania

Plans for a new 30 000-35 000 seats stadium have been unveiled by the club. It will cost between 80 and 100 million euros. It looks pretty nice. They plan to start the works in 2013 and it will take year and a half to build, so it will be probably ready for the 2014-2015 season.

Hellas Verona

Plans for the construction of a new stadium of 30 000 seats, which will cost 200 million euros. It will be modeled on Shalke's stadium, with a retractable roof and other costly features, and a shopping mall. The club and the mayor of the city have found an agreement in November 2011. They plan to complete it within 2 years for the 2013-2014 season.

Novara Calcio

Plans for the compete restructuration of the Stadio Silvio Piola di Novara. It will have 21 000 seats and will cost 10,5 million euros. The expansion works should be finished for the start of the 2012-2013 season.

Udinese Calcio

Plan for the complete restructuration of the Stadio Friuli

It will have 25 000 for football games and 30 000 for concerts. It would cost about 25 million euros. They want it to be ready for the 2013-2014 season. Works have been started already.

US Città di Palermo

Plans for the construction of a new stadium, negotiations are still going on between the club and the city.

It will cost 200 million euros and will have 35 000 seats. It will allegedly take 18 months to build and the club expects to have it ready for the 2013-2014 season.
    Sorry for quoting such a large post but is these offcial?

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #356
    They have all been officially unveiled by clubs and most have been proposed to city councils, Atalanta, Verona, Fiorentina and Udinese are those who have been agreed by the mayors and more likely to be completed in the near future.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #358
    Nope. Udinese are supposedly going to start this summer. I've said in the first post that Udinese had already started but they only did minor things so far.

Novara looks unlikely since they're going to get relegated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)