Italy-Stadium projects and developments (6 Viewers)

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #381
    Well, the Italian bureaucratic nightmare is partly to blame here, along with Cellino's stubbornness in insisting on building the new stadium too close to an airport.

But yeah, Cellino deserves everything he has to deal with.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    The middle eastern group that was supposedly buying into Palermo have opted against it, apparently because of latest developments in the betting scandal. No new stadium for Palermo then.
    Just read the other day a report that says Italy are ranked as the # 1 country in Europe in corruption. Can't really blame foreign investors for shifting to somewhere else.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Just read the other day a report that says Italy are ranked as the # 1 country in Europe in corruption. Can't really blame foreign investors for shifting to somewhere else.
    Aye. Italy has some cleaning up to do.

---------- Post added 20.06.2012 at 15:20 ----------

Nah, it's more than just the Mafia. It's from Berlusconi to the local city councillor, that there's corruption. It is in all honesty a mentality issue.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Great job on covering this stadium projects topic @Trequartista..

Has Udinese's stadium renovation commenced yet ?

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #387
    Great job on covering this stadium projects topic @Trequartista..

Has Udinese's stadium renovation commenced yet ?
    They started bringing construction materials to the stadium but they haven't done much yet inside. They started removing the yellow seats from the grand stand and replacing them with black and white ones. You can see that process in these two pictures:

qpmkk3.jpg

1t4utt.jpg

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    They started bringing construction materials to the stadium but they haven't done much yet inside. They started removing the yellow seats from the grand stand and replacing them with black and white ones. You can see that process in these two pictures:
    i see..thanks mate :tup:

DVS

Must be patient
    Nov 13, 2008
    Good too see they're spending all that money from sales on something.
    Udine is a pretty small city. Closest city of any significant population is Trieste and their club is pretty much a failure. I give them alot of credit on how they managed to survive on the top half of Serie A all these years.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
    Are they going to stop the renovation in September or are they going to relocate their matches somewhere else? Udine is by far the closest town hosting a Serie A team to me and I don't want to miss Udinese - Juventus match....

DVS

Must be patient
    Nov 13, 2008
    Are they going to stop the renovation in September or are they going to relocate their matches somewhere else? Udine is by far the closest town hosting a Serie A team to me and I don't want to miss Udinese - Juventus match....
    if you don't mind me asking where are you located?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Come on Italy, start digging and building, enough with the pasta politics now. Those projects presented so far gave me goosebumps. Really looking forward to whenever they will be finnished.

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #397
    They are going to continue renovations during the season while playing there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Nah, it's more than just the Mafia. It's from Berlusconi to the local city councillor, that there's corruption. It is in all honesty a mentality issue.
    The Mafia would clearly score huge points in any rating of corruption, though. When you consider that the four largest syndicates turnover 7% of the entire country's GDP. They are involved in pretty much everything, regional governments within a state, with links all over the country.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    check grenoble and strasbourg stadiums..teams that didn't had enough money so they got demoted to serie c,d...incredible is the only word that can define the difference between italy and france (stadiums wise).

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004

Do they own the current stadium? I find it rather strange for them to pay for renovation if they don't own it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)