Italy-Stadium projects and developments (2 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
What the fuck? How would a sponsor name be more reflective of the club identity than... the club's name!?!!?!?!?!
AC Milan - San Siro
Manchester Utd - Old Trafford
Chelsea - Stamford Bridge
Barcelona - Camp Nou
Bayern München - Allianz Arena
Juventus - Juventus Stadium :inter:

We need a good stadium name to go hand-in-hand with our club name. Obviously a sponsor name would not be more reflective.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I get what your saying Joe, the Delle Alpi could have been amongst those names by now had it been purpose built for football. We ought to just come to terms with the fact that it's gonna be named after some airline or car manufacturer or something like that for the next 12 years, after that they can start thinking about a proper name, Stadio Gianni Agnelli for example

Oh and btw, I wouldn't regard Stamford bridge to be in the same class as those other stadiums. Lets not forget that pre Abromovich, Chelsea were a club without much of a history, following or trophy cabinet whereas all those other teams are 'real' giants of European football.

You excluded the Bernabeu too :p

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Still can't agree with this belief about those names somehow having, or lending to, the identity or prestige of the team. If anything, they do so through the history of success and experience, and sometimes the atmosphere and design. What's in the name? "Camp Nou", new field? Old Trafford, San Siro? Neighbourhood names, big deal. Would it really help Juve's stadium to be called some "Nuovo Vallette" or something equally nonsensical? Samsung Stadium? Qatar Airways Stadium? Meh, if anything, those detract from a purely Juventus ground.

As is, the name can't be beat, and if it stays (it won't), it'll surely become ingrained with "Juveness" over time.

-edit for a picture.

Does anyone really want that infected with...

...or something even worse?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
After this 12 year deal with Sportfive is over, do you think we'll choose our own name or resell the naming rights?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
How so? anything I have ever read about the situation points to there being alot more Torino fans than Juve in Turin.
Regardless of what you may have read or heard, it's not true. Or not true anymore at least, it may have been the case in the past (probably was I'd say).

It'll definitely be a tribute to G. Agnelli. Can't beat that.
Let's go with "The Triple A".

Andrea Agnelli Arena!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fuck those who complain about inability of JS to host CL finals... hey I even say don't let the Azzurri have games there either... unless all starting 11 players are Juventini.

Amici di nessuno bitchez!

PS some idiot suggested before that we let Torino play in our stadium :lol:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
WTF? I seriously hope it stays known as Juventus Stadium forever. I'm dreading the day when we have some lame, garish, ridiculous name like "Goodyear Tyres Arena" or "Pizza Hut Park"

The money we got for the naming rights (around 120 mil E IIRC) aed for a large part of the stadium. Nobody was complining then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)