Italian thread (5 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
What resources did you use exactly? I've been trying to learn Italian for a couple of months as well, mostly with Duolingo and reading Italian newspaper, and while I now understand very much, in written form, I still suck immensely at formulating my own sentences.
What papers are you reading? If it's just the sport papers, then Dusan is right in that it won't help you that much in the big picture because it's mostly the same subjects and words over and over. If you read stuff like Corriere della Sera it might be better, because there are a wider variety of subjects. But books are best because they are more how normal people would write or speak. Reading the original Italian version of Pirlo's book when it first came out helped me a lot, I even was able to translate part of it back to English for another forum.

In terms of understanding spoken Italian, when you're starting out I think music is better than movies and television, but that's just me. They tend to speak very fast when they talk, in music they are more likely to slow down and actually enunciate the words too (not in all cases, but...). Probably 25% of what is in my music library is Italian music. :D And I have watched a lot of Italian movies and tv, with English subs though, because I still struggle with it.

But yeah, I do pretty well with reading - and to an extent, writing - Italian on a moderate level. Listening and speaking are much weaker though, especially speaking as I hardly get any practice. That much became evident when I actually went to Italia, everyone I met there switched to English if they could. :p I'm trying to get my husband to study it so we can practice on each other, but so far all he really knows is "ti amo", "ciao amore", "sei bella", and a few football words lol.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #92
    E con che sono?

Voi fate la consegna a domicilio? :cool2:
    Io una buona pizza di tanto in tanto me la mangio volentieri.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Mi piace il rock come Le Vibrazioni, i Subsonica ed i Punkreas... anche il hip-hop come Bassi Maestro, Mondo Marcio e Coez. E tu?
    Brava, Perturbazioni son bravi, subsonica mi piace anche. Jovanotti, Rino Gaetano, Baustelle son tutti bravi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)