Italian thread (6 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Io odio la grammatica, non ho mai imparato.

Btw, I just hate it. I can't understand a language with it while I know some people really focus on it and even start learning a language with grammar only. I never learned it for English, not even when I was at school and it was needed. At school every time teacher asked something and I answered she said it's correct but not what she wanted to hear. She asked me how did I come up with that and I had no clue... I just said it felt right in my head, I had no other explanation lol.
Yeah I feel you, I'm like that as well. As for sentence structure I just use what I know in English. I can speak fluently though and write pretty well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ci sono alcune ristorante qui a Melbourne dove si può mangiare cibo serbo oppure croato. Onestamente, non so un granché della vostra cucina ma il poco che ho mangiato e stato buonissimo. Cevape e cose varie.
:D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Far from impressive. However I'm impressed by myself cause I never thought I'd be able to kick through the tough beginning, especially cause I did it myself without courses and stuff (for free).
What resources did you use exactly? I've been trying to learn Italian for a couple of months as well, mostly with Duolingo and reading Italian newspaper, and while I now understand very much, in written form, I still suck immensely at formulating my own sentences.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ma da dove sei Grecia?
Che, Io? :D Sono serbo. Your question confused me lol.

Trovato su youtube:
100 minuti l'episodio? Sono lunghissimi. :D
È molto interessante!

What resources did you use exactly? I've been trying to learn Italian for a couple of months as well, mostly with Duolingo and reading Italian newspaper, and while I now understand very much, in written form, I still suck immensely at formulating my own sentences.
I did not like Duolingo really. Not only it has mistakes but it's IMO quite slow way to learn, it takes a lot of time while it doesn't give such good results.

I think one of the best way (for me) is to read books. Start with the simple ones like Little Prince and have a copy of it in your native language. Read every time and keep it up, you'll learn a lot from that. So read that and after you get to understand more you can get more exposed to the language (movies, songs etc.). Btw, reading (football) articles is a good thing and I do it too, but not much. Most of the time articles (tuttomercato/calciomercato) are written with the same words, it doesn't help your vocabulary at all.

As for formulating your own sentences it's not like I'm farting rainbows. I think it comes with time eventually. I think you'll be able to do it if you're exposed to the language for like a year, so there's a long way ahead of you. Ahead of us both actually.

I just like the fact how I can understand a lot (when I read what Martin writes, when I read sites or even watch Montalbano), compared to like 5 months ago when I was pretty much clueless. I've learned a lot of new words too.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Che, Io? :D Sono serbo. Your question confused me lol.

È molto interessante!

I did not like Duolingo really. Not only it has mistakes but it's IMO quite slow way to learn, it takes a lot of time while it doesn't give such good results.

I think one of the best way (for me) is to read books. Start with the simple ones like Little Prince and have a copy of it in your native language. Read every time and keep it up, you'll learn a lot from that. So read that and after you get to understand more you can get more exposed to the language (movies, songs etc.). Btw, reading (football) articles is a good thing and I do it too, but not much. Most of the time articles (tuttomercato/calciomercato) are written with the same words, it doesn't help your vocabulary at all.

As for formulating your own sentences it's not like I'm farting rainbows. I think it comes with time eventually. I think you'll be able to do it if you're exposed to the language for like a year, so there's a long way ahead of you. Ahead of us both actually.

I just like the fact how I can understand a lot (when I read what Martin writes, when I read sites or even watch Montalbano), compared to like 5 months ago when I was pretty much clueless. I've learned a lot of new words too.
Ahhhh stano molto serbe qui su tuz

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #73
    Hai ragione, Dus. Montalbano è buono, mi piace un sacco. Mi piace anche il siciliano che si parla a volte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)