[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (108 Viewers)

Jun 18, 2005
hehe, you're now using our old motto

"Next year we will win" :D

well, if you keep signing average players like Grygera and Hasan whateverhisnameis-dic.. I doubt it.

In case a couple of stars arrive, then perhaps you'll stand a chance of competing with the Milanese clubs. Time will tell, no?

but next season is still 7-8 months away. for now you should focus on your rather exciting adventure in B.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
hehe, you're now using our old motto

"Next year we will win" :D

well, if you keep signing average players like Grygera and Hasan whateverhisnameis-dic.. I doubt it.

In case a couple of stars arrive, then perhaps you'll stand a chance of competing with the Milanese clubs. Time will tell, no?

but next season is still 7-8 months away. for now you should focus on your rather exciting adventure in B.
at least we dont use you motto every single season for over 10 years :disagree:
Also incase you didnt know Inter wanter Grygera as well, but he had sense and signed for us. Let me tell you that Serie B is probably more exciting than Serie A this year.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

We raise champions. You pay loads of money for mercenaries...

That's the difference, my dear...

Jun 18, 2005
Grygera would be guaranteed a start at Juventus, be it at right-back or centre-back, yet that wouldn't be the case had he signed for Inter. Makes perfect sense. It's not as if any Interisti got excited over the prospect of signing the world player of the year that is Grygera.

Plus, Juve have Nedved in their ranks so that factor worked in your favor.

Juve signed the likes of Nedved, Buffon, Thuram, Salas, Vialli, Davids, Baggio, Vieira, Zlatan etc.. when they were already established stars at their clubs, so don't start with the crap about raising champions. Most of them were champions already.. even Inzaghi was a star at Atalanta and many clubs sought after him.. the only noticeable exception to the rule is Del Piero. Good catch.

90% of football players are mercenaries anyway. That's what they do for a living afterall and most of them had difficult childhoods, so it's understandable.

Only a romantic fool would think otherwise.

Jun 18, 2005
Zidane WAS a star in Bordeaux. He led a not so fashionable team to the UEFA Cup final and debuted for France at a very early age.

It's like saying that Deco wasn't a star before he joined Barca, just becasuse he was playing for Porto.

Vieri, perhaps yer right.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Cannavaro had a torrid time at Inter but it's not as if he was an unknown or anything..one of the world's most prominent defenders whilst at Parma.
Does a certain guy named Carrini ring a bell?:rofl2:

But heck, to be honest, I too thought Canna was pretty much finished back then.

My favorite is Vieri. After turning down 50m Euro bid from Chelski, Inter decides to free him up, paying the majority of his salary, so that he can play for Milan.:rofl:

Jun 18, 2005
Does a certain guy named Carrini ring a bell?:rofl2:

But heck, to be honest, I too thought Canna was pretty much finished back then.

My favorite is Vieri. After turning down 50m Euro bid from Chelski, Inter decides to free him up, paying the majority of his salary, so that he can play for Milan.:rofl:
That was what the media were told. Last summer I read on a couple Juve and Inter Italian fan forums that apparently Stankovic had signed for BOTH Juve and Inter (he contract with Lazio was running out in the summer), so Moggi and Moratti agreed that Juve would tear up Stankovic's pre-contract in return for Cannavaro joining Juve in the summer for free.

Carini was a mere sweetner in the deal, because had Moggi made Stankovic's situation public the latter would've been suspended (Like Figo did after he signed with Juve and Parma)

Let's just say that I'm glad to have Dejan Stankovic on board.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That was what the media were told. Last summer I read on a couple Juve and Inter Italian fan forums that apparently Stankovic had signed for BOTH Juve and Inter (he contract with Lazio was running out in the summer), so Moggi and Moratti agreed that Juve would tear up Stankovic's pre-contract in return for Cannavaro joining Juve in the summer for free.

Carini was a mere sweetner in the deal, because had Moggi made Stankovic's situation public the latter would've been suspended (Like Figo did after he signed with Juve and Parma)

Let's just say that I'm glad to have Dejan Stankovic on board.
im glad u took dejan, cuz id prefer canna :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)