[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti insists there was no chance of his departure following the Champions’ League loss to Liverpool.

The tactician was linked with both Real Madrid and Roma after his club’s Istanbul nightmare, but maintains he wants to stay at the San Siro for some time to come.

"There was never any truth in the stories," said the Coach. "It is my idea to remain past my current deal which is set to expire in 2007."

The Rossoneri looked like certain European Cup winners this term, but somehow threw away a 3-0 lead to lose on penalties against the Premiership side.

"The Champions’ League remains the most important trophy," added Ancelotti. "The disappointment of Istanbul stays with us but we must look ahead.

"It was a horrible incident at the end of a really good season. We want to repeat that next term but with the aim of ending it differently."

The club are desperately trying to strengthen Ancelotti’s squad for the new season but are finding it tough to sign Parma’s Alberto Gilardino.

"He is an important and good player," said the tactician. "We want to sign him but if he doesn’t come then we will still be strong.

"Buying players is very tough now as it seems that all clubs have only limited resources. Only Chelsea have money which allows them to sign anybody – apart from Andriy Shevchenko…"

Meanwhile, director general Ariedo Braida has confirmed that there is nothing new to report in the Gilardino chase.

"We are working on it," he stated. "We will do all we can and even the impossible to bring him to Milan. Especially as that is what the player wants."

Milan have bid £18m but Parma are hoping to net around £25m for the Italian international striker.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Juventus have completed the signing of Giorgio Chiellini from Fiorentina, but a blind auction will be needed to resolve the futures of Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca.

All three players spent last term in Florence as a result of co-ownership deals that were struck in the summer.

Juventus took up their option to re-sign Chiellini after his impressive form this term led to a full international call-up for the Under-21 starlet.

The Turin giants have paid £3m for the left-back, despite initially trying to offer Stephen Appiah and Ruben Olivera, and they now own 100 per cent of his contract.

However, no deal was agreed regarding Miccoli and Maresca despite Juventus’ desire to sell, as they look to raise the cash necessary to fund their summer transfer campaign.

Fiorentina refused to meet Juve’s asking price as they instead wanted to extend their co-ownership deals for another season.

That means that the two clubs will now each submit one secret bid to the Italian Football League, with the team who offers more money taking control of the player.

Fiorentina will also need to make blind bids with Udinese and Perugia in order to resolve the futures of Martin Jorgensen and Christian Obodo respectively.

In other transfer news, Everton have completed the £5m capture of Danish international defender Per Kroldrup from Udinese.

Roma now fully own Under-21 international goalkeeper Gianluca Curci as he was previously shared with Palermo.

The two clubs also renewed their co-ownership deals for Cesare Bovo, who spent last term on loan at Parma, and Valerio Virga. The first will stay at Roma, while Virga will move to Sicily next season.

Palermo will also have Massimo Bonanni on their roster after Roma had earlier today brought him back from Vicenza.

Emiliano Bonazzoli will remain with Reggina after they agreed to renew their co-ownership terms with Parma.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Toro return to Serie A Sunday 26 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(...)

Sent off: Mudingayi 119 (T)

Mudingayi? He's belgian! we might have a belgian in Serie A. That's a long time ago: anyone here remember Luis Oliviera, Enzo Scifo or Georges Grun? Their names don't sound very bbelgian but they are!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Jesus, understatement! A DUTCH club could have afforded that! :(
Add to that the fact that Juve could use someone like Emre and you just start to wonder a bit..

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
I remember Oliviera and Scifo, the latter was very good the best Belgian player that I have ever seen
He was great, but I have a feeling he could have done much better on club level. In Italy he played for Inter and Torino, in France for Bordeaux, Auxerre and Monaco, and of course Anderlecht.

On international level he was great, playing 4 World cups ( :eek: ) and elected 2nd best player of the WC '90 behind Lothar Matthaüs!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Udinese have raided relegated Atalanta for four players as they look to build a squad capable of challenging in the UEFA Champions League next season.

Fausto Rossini, Marco Motta, Massimo Gotti and Piermario Morosini have all signed for Serse Cosmi's side, whilst Thomas Manfredini and Antonino D'Agostino will join the Serie B new-boys as part of the arrangement.

Rossini spent last season on loan at Sampdoria, scoring just twice in 32 games, whilst Motta impressed in his debut top flight season to announce himself as one of Italy's hottest prospects.

Both Gotti and Morosini are yet to make their Serie A bows, whilst D'Agostino leaves Stadio Friuli just three weeks after making the switch from Serie B side Treviso.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Bovo relishing Roma revival
Tuesday 28 June, 2005

Cesare Bovo is looking forward to the new season after Roma secured the services of the Under-21 international stopper.

The Giallorossi renewed their co-ownership of the defender with Palermo yesterday, but he will spend next term in the capital.

"I’m very happy to return to Rome after three years away," the highly-rated youngster told Radio Incontro.

"I’m a Roman and a Romanista. I am really motivated for the new campaign and I hope to play regularly.

"The new Coach? I don’t know Luciano Spalletti personally but I know that his sides are always tough to play against."

Bovo, who was brought up in the Giallorossi youth system, spent last season on loan at Parma.

"It was important for me to play at Parma and also previously at Lecce," he added. "They were two excellent schools and I now hope to be ready for a great club like Roma."

The capital outfit did have their problems in defence last term, with summer signing Matteo Ferrari struggling badly.

"I got to know him at the Olympics, he is a splendid person and an excellent player," added Bovo.

"I hope that he can get back to his best because I think a really good side is being built here now."

channel4.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
The Stadio Friuli outfit has signed Cesare Natali from Atalanta, beating competition from Lazio and Roma.

The 26-year-old defender was a confirmed target for the Biancocelesti and said he wanted to work with Coach Delio Rossi again, while Fiorentina were also interested.

However, he has officially penned a two-year contract with Udinese and it’s claimed the move cost the club £1m.

He is not the only Atalanta player to move up to Udine, as teammates Fausto Rossini, Marco Motta and Piermario Morosini have also made the switch in co-ownership deals and Rinaldi on loan. In exchange, Atalanta will take Manfredini and D’Agostino.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Serie A new-boys Torino have begun their preparations for top-flight football with the signing of Christian Keller.

The Danish winger will be unveiled in the coming days and has signed a three year deal with Granata.

Keller will join from Viborg as he makes the step up to one of Europe's most competitive leagues.

Torino are still to resolve their managerial situation, although are pressing ahead with their bid to reshape their squad after also securing the complete ownership of striker Massimo Marazzina.

The player was co-owned with Chievo, and impressed with Granata as he scored 16 goals in Serie B.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Milan will attempt to sign Ruud Van Nistelrooy from Manchester United if they fail to extend Hernán Crespo's loan from Chelsea by the end of this week, according to Italian television.

The Parma striker Alberto Gilardino, who scored 46 goals in the last two Serie A campaigns, remains Milan's first choice even if they are unwilling to pay the £26m Parma are reported to have demanded for the 22-year old forward. Should they turn to Van Nistelrooy, Milan are reportedly ready to offer £10m and the Danish striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
It's all over for Zola Wednesday 29 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian football legend Gianfranco Zola has today announced his retirement from the game.

The Cagliari forward, who has just celebrated his 39th birthday, has decided to quit following a stunning career.

"The season ended a few weeks ago but I needed a little time to reflect," explained the No 10.

"It wasn’t a simple decision to make but I felt the need to dedicate myself to the things which I have overlooked in these years."

Zola will be remembered as one of football’s greatest ever players but also one of the nicest and most respected.

He started his career with Nuorese and Torres before moving to Napoli, where he worked in the shadow of Diego Armando Maradona.

He left the Stadio San Paolo for Parma in 1993 before opting for a Chelsea switch in November 1996.

Zola developed into a fan favourite at Stamford Bridge, earning himself the nickname ‘Magic Box’ during seven wonderful years in London.

He signed for hometown club Cagliari in 2003, helping them to Serie A promotion and then top-flight survival.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Perugia have stated that midfielder Christian Obodo is likely to be playing for Udinese next season.
The player spent last season at Fiorentina but returned to Perugia on Tuesday after the Serie B outfit won the blind auction to buy the Viola’s 50 per cent share in the star.

"We are in contact with Udinese and it is highly likely that he will end up there. I don’t think an agreement will be hard to reach," said Perugia director general Alessandro Gaucci.

"Obodo is a great midfielder but we don’t want any players in exchange, we just want money.

"If the deal falls through then he will happily stay at Perugia."

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
A recap of today's news:

- Zola has announced his retirement.
- Solari set for Inter move.
- Siena confirm Legrottaglie interest.
- Lille and St Etienne want Dalmat and Meghni respectively.
- Chris Obodo is expected to be playing his football in Udine next season. The same can be said for a number of former Atalanta players including Cesare Natali.
- Palermo sporting director Rino Foschi has insisted that star striker Luca Toni will not be sold this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)