[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (48 Viewers)

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani insisted that striker Andriy Shevchenko "is not for sale".

"He is unsellable," Galliani told AC Milan website.

The Daily mirror newspaper reported that English giants Chelsea have lodged an offer to sign the Ukrainian international for a world record fee of world record 57 million pounds ($103.6million).

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who is a friend of Shevchenko, has reportedly offered Milan 48.9 million pounds plus Argentine striker Hernan Crespo, who is valued at around 8 million pounds.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
57 million.....damn that's a lot! chelsea is obviously very serious about getting a top quality striker. Hope they don't get one :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Veron is now full-time Inter for two years and no longer a loaner...

He's probably happy to cut his last ties to the EPL.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Turkey international Emre Belozoglu has confirmed he has signed a deal with Newcastle United.

Emre revealed earlier in the week that he had reached an agreement with a Premiership club but refused to name the team in question.

Newcastle have moved to the forefront of the chase for the Internazionale winger in recent weeks, after Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool and Manchester United all held an interest in the past.

Magpies boss Graeme Souness flew to Istanbul on Thursday for talks with the 24-year-old and has persuaded the midfielder to move to St James' Park.

Fenerbahce had been keen to lure Emre back to Turkey but he is relishing the chance to play for Newcastle, citing Souness as a major factor in his decision.

"I'm a player of Newcastle now and I believe that I will be very successful there," said Emre.

"Newcastle United are one of the biggest teams in Britain and their offer was very attractive - that's why I chose to be with them.

"I'm going to a well-established and large club. I'm very happy for it.

"Of course, having Galatasaray's ex-manager at Newcastle was another strong factor in my decision."

Emre acknowledged Fenerbahce's offer but conceded it is too early in his career to play in his homeland again.

He added: "Many teams, including Turkey's Fenerbahce, approached me but I have always said that I wanted to play in Europe for many years to come.

"I am still very young, I do not want to go back to Turkey so soon as I have a lot to do yet."

Newcastle have still to announce the deal is completed as it is believed they are haggling over a £4 million fee with Inter.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Not too bad for a player of Emre's quality (or potential anyways), eh? Newcastle have done well on the transfer front so far.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
More transfer news:

- Diego Placente should sign for Roma tomorrow.
- The Capital club have also been linked to midfield duo David Pizarro and Ricardinho. They'll face competition from Real Madrid and Fenerbahce for the latter.
- Fabio Bazzani set to return to Sampdoria.
- Either Bologna's Igli Tare or Dino Fava of Udinese should end up replacing him at Lazio.
- Lazio are interested in Jorge Bolano.
- Inter have made an enquiry about Mirko Vucinic.
- Parma are looking at possible replacements for Bonera who could leave for Juve this summer.

All of this is from channel4.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Not too bad for a player of Emre's quality (or potential anyways), eh? Newcastle have done well on the transfer front so far.
Jesus, understatement! A DUTCH club could have afforded that! :(

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Al Saadi Gaddafi , son of the Libyan leader, has signed a contract with Italian Serie A club Udinese.

Team spokesman Guido Gomirato said on Wednesday that Gaddafi signed a one-year deal.

Gaddafi is expected to join Udinese on 6 July, when the team starts training for the new season.

The 32-year-old son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi previously played for Perugia, but hardly played.

He was suspended in November 2003, after testing positive for a performance-enhancing steroid.

Gaddafi denied intentional doping, saying medicine he took for back pain was responsible for the positive result.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Toro return to Serie A Sunday 26 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torino will join Empoli and Genoa in Serie A next season after winning the play-offs, though the decisive encounter with Perugia went to extra time.

Toro were confident of progress after their 2-1 first leg victory at the Stadio Curi, but as away goals do not count in the play-offs, this left them only a slender advantage.

That was quickly wiped out after just 21 minutes of play when Giuseppe Mascara gave Perugia the lead in front of 50,000 fans in Turin.

The Granata were visibly concerned at the state of events, but also knew that this scoreline would eventually see them through to the top flight if it remained until the end of extra time.

Under the rules of this new promotion system, the winning side would be the one that was placed higher up the table at the end of the regular season. Mudingayi was sent off for time-wasting in the closing stages, but it was too late for Perugia.

Torino return to Serie A after a two-year wait and will be able to play the Turin derby against Juventus next term.

It is the second play-off heartbreak for Perugia, as they lost the decisive tie with Fiorentina to drop down at the end of last season.

Torino 0-1 Perugia (2-2 on agg, Torino are promoted)

Scorers: Mascara 21 (P)

Sent off: Mudingayi 119 (T)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)