[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (7 Viewers)

Mar 6, 2005
Ok, time to bring this thread back on topic.. ;)

Channel4.com

Monday is D-Day for Gila
Sunday 17 July, 2005
Alberto Gilardino’s agent insists the striker’s future will be resolved on Monday – with the player joining Milan or staying at Parma.

"The ultimatum of either joining Milan or remaining will expire tomorrow," said Beppe Bonetto on Sunday evening.

"If no deal is reached over the next few hours then it is not certain by any means that Milan will still be ready to sign him if Parma change their mind in ten days time."

It had looked almost certain that the Italian international would join the Rossoneri in a £17m transfer.

But the proposed switch has been held up by Parma's administrators, who now want the club to sell the star to the highest bidder rather than simply to his preferred destination.

"A judge has decided that an auction was needed. I can't say I am happy because I am not a house or an object, but a person," explained the 23-year-old.

"I have spent three fantastic years at Parma, but everyone knows the situation. For me it is time to leave, and it's fairly obvious that I would go to Milan for professional reasons.

"Between the big clubs - those who are in the Champions’ League - only Milan have made an offer.

"The others have done nothing, probably because football has changed and you have to be very specific in your transfer aims now.

"I want to stay in Italy and go to Milan. They have shown me a plan for the future and how I fit into that."

Indeed, the player’s agent believes that only one other club have made an attempt to land the forward.

"As far as I know, Fiorentina have bid more or less the same figure as Milan," continued Bonetto.

"But talks didn’t get going because the player doesn’t want to move to Florence. He just wants Milan – it is as simple as that."

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Inter Close to Real pair

The Real Madrid duo of Walter Samuel and Luis Figo will join Internazionale by the end of this week.

The two men have been linked with the Serie A giants for some time and Football Italia understands that talks will be wrapped up by Wednesday.

Although Inter chief Massimo Moratti has denied reports that he will be flying to Madrid to conclude talks personally, an agreement for both players is on the horizon.

Real emissaries and FIFA agents Ernesto Bronzetti and Peppino Tirri will today resume their work in an effort to finalise the last minor details.

Figo, a Portuguese international winger, will arrive on a free transfer as his Real contract expires next summer.

The former European Footballer of the Year will sign a two-year contract at the San Siro worth around £2.5m a season.

It’s still unclear whether Samuel will arrive on loan or whether he will be signed outright by the Nerazzurri.

The main delay in the Argentine’s transfer is that the Spanish giants are struggling to sign a replacement.

However, once they do finally bring in a new stopper then the former Roma man will make his return to Serie A.

In confirmed transfer news, Lecce have signed goalkeeper Francesco Benussi from Venezia.

The 24-year-old has also played for Lumezzane and Arezzo during his brief career to date.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Milan net Gilardino at last!
Monday 18 July, 2005

Alberto Gilardino is now officially a Milan player after he finally completed his transfer from Parma.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the striker for months and talks were only concluded late on Monday night.

"I’m finally a Milan player," Gilardino, 23, told the club’s website. "It’s taken some time to sort out but now I just have to pass a medical. I can’t wait to start training."

The two clubs had been in negotiations at Milan’s Via Turati headquarters all day, but a deal was expected to be reached after Gilardino himself arrived just before 9pm local time.

"Why did I choose Milan? They fascinate me and they are clearly the strongest club in European football," added the Azzurri star.

"There are some great players at this club. This is a fantastic stage for me where I will be given a chance to impress."

There is yet to be an official announcement over the figures involved but Parma are believed to have accepted a fee of around £18m.

Gilardino, who has put pen to paper on a five-year contract, is considered as one of Italy hottest strikers after netting 23 goals in each of his last two League campaigns.

Milan now have one of the most feared attacking line-ups in world football as Gila joins Andriy Shevchenko, Christian Vieri and Pippo Inzaghi.

channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)