[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (68 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Shev ‘clashes’ with Ancelotti Tuesday 19 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s not all smiles at Milan following the arrival of Alberto Gilardino, after reports of a training ground disagreement between boss Carlo Ancelotti and Andriy Shevchenko.

The two men had a lengthy and heated discussion during training on Monday, even if their debate did end with a handshake.

It’s unclear about exactly what the two men talked about, even if there are some ‘informed’ theories being reported in the Italian media on Tuesday.

It’s alleged that Ancelotti was unhappy with Shevchenko’s decision to have surgery last week which has subsequently ruled him out of the club’s tour of America.

The striker had small metal plates removed from his face, after they were inserted by doctors following the horrific injury sustained in the match against Cagliari in February.

Shevchenko then left the club’s Milanello training base following the surgery, two decisions which Ancelotti was supposedly unaware of.

It seems that the former Dynamo Kiev ace, and Chelsea target, has defended his exit by stating he informed captain Paolo Maldini of his departure from the training camp.

Milan are seemingly passing the incident off as a lack of communication but there are some in Italy who believe Shev could be seriously considering an exit.

Chelsea would happily make a bid for the player if Milan decide to make him available for transfer, even if that is unlikely.

Shevchenko also faces stiff competition for a first team shirt this term after the club signed Italian international strikers Christian Vieri and Alberto Gilardino.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Ancelotti denies Shev bust-up

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has dismissed stories that he has had a fall-out with star striker Andriy Shevchenko.

Reports this morning suggested that the two men had a heated discussion during training on Monday.

But the tactician has rubbished whispers that there is a problem between himself and the European Footballer of the Year.

"There was no kind of argument," stated the Coach on Tuesday. "It was a simple conversation.

"If I have to have an argument with somebody then I wouldn’t do so in public in front of everyone.

"A lot of rubbish has been written. Andriy is a Milan player and he will remain at this club for some time to come."

Rumours had suggested that the ‘clash’ had occurred as a result of Shevchenko’s decision to have minor surgery last week.

"That was not the case at all," insisted the former Parma and Juventus boss. "He needed that operation and that is what he did.

"Paolo Maldini has also been dragged into this and he has nothing to do with it. Shevchenko didn’t leave Milanello either."

Ancelotti then cooled talk that the Ukrainian could decide to leave the San Siro this summer.

"There is no risk of that happening at all," he concluded. "Shevchenko is an important and fundamental player for this club."

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm willing to bet that Milan would part with Ancelotti before parting with Shevchenko if it came down to a one of them has to go type of situation like it did with Fergie and Becks at Man Utd. I don't think this is nearly as serious as it is being made out to be though, the media are blowing things out of proportion as usual.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'm willing to bet that Milan would part with Ancelotti before parting with Shevchenko if it came down to a one of them has to go type of situation like it did with Fergie and Becks at Man Utd. I don't think this is nearly as serious as it is being made out to be though, the media are blowing things out of proportion as usual.
Full agreement here. We all know who pulls the strings at Milan, and they're always giving Ancelotti orders to field two attackers, etc. (For example, I am 100% certain that Berlusconi was behind the signing of Gila more than anyone else in the Milan clubhouse.) Ancelotti is far more expendable to the management team when you break it down to that level. Silvio even hinted previously about how a coach at Milan who insists on fielding only a single striker won't be a Milan coach for very long, so it's clear where their (his) loyalties reside.

That said, it is the typical media blow up to create conflict and crisis where there is little, if any.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Martins forgets about Vieri
Thursday 21 July, 2005

Inter ace Obafemi Martins insists he and his teammates have forgotten about the departure of Christian Vieri.

The Italian international joined city rivals Milan this summer, but the Nigerian insists there is still life at the club following their former star striker’s exit.

"We are not thinking about Vieri anymore, he is no longer our problem," the youngster told Radio Radio. "We are now just thinking about ourselves."

Inter kicked-off their season by winning the Trofeo TIM on Wednesday, against Milan and Juventus, with the help of a Martins goal against the Bianconeri.

"Everything is going well at this stage, we are working hard and concentrating," continued Oba Oba.

"Juventus and Milan are also in good shape but it is too soon to make a judgement right now. We are only at the start."

Martins did enjoy a good season last term and he could start the new campaign as a first team regular in attack.

"In order to do that I must work hard because there are some very good attackers here like Adriano, Julio Cruz and Alvaro Recoba," he concluded.

"Vieri is not here anymore but we must just think about scoring as many goals as possible in order to win something."

channel4.com

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Mutu completes first aim

Adrian Mutu says he has already won his first ‘Scudetto’ at Juventus by remaining with the outfit.

The Romanian featured in the champions’ last League game last season following his arrival in January.

But there were rumours suggesting he was netted on a free to then be used as a pawn in this summer’s market, but he has so far remained in Turin.

"My real Scudetto is that of staying at Juventus," said the player who was sacked by Chelsea following his failed drugs test.

"However, the time has now arrived for me to win myself a place in the first team for the new campaign."

That is on paper a tough task for Mutu seeing as the Old Lady have Alex Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta on their books.

"I’m not scared by the competition of being up against so many champions here," he continued.

"I am now looking to do my best and I am returning to the physical shape which I was already in at Parma."

The attacker did impress in Juve’s 5-1 win over Pavia on Sunday, but did struggle at times in last night’s Trofeo TIM tournament.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Tare seals Lazio switch Thursday 21 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio have a new striker after Albanian international Igli Tare completed his move from Bologna.

The target man confirmed his desire to join the capital club earlier this week and his transfer is now official.

Bologna made the announcement this afternoon, even if no financial details regarding the switch have been revealed.

Tare, who played for Brescia between 2000 and 2003, scored 11 goals in 54 games for the Dall’Ara outfit over the last two seasons.

However, Perugia’s Under-21 international striker Antonio Floro Flores won’t be joining him at the Olimpico.

"Lazio? They are well off the road if they think they can get him by offering just £170,000 a year to the player," said agent Paolo Palermo.

In other transfer news, Siena have sold midfielders Fernando Menegazzo to Bordeaux and Matteo Serafini to Empoli.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Siena fail in Maccarone bid

Massimo Maccarone will return to Middlesbrough after Siena’s bid to keep the player collapsed.

The forward, capped by Italy, was hoping to remain in Tuscany after spending last season on loan at Parma and then Siena.

But Maccarone’s agent has today revealed that no agreement between the two clubs has been reached.

"Middlesbrough haven't accepted Siena's offer," said Paolo Fabbri. "They want them to pay all his wages, something Siena cannot afford to do.

"We have told (Boro chief executive) Keith Lamb about the player's availability to return to Middlesbrough.

"He told us to wait until Friday with the club set to make a decision by then."

Maccarone left Serie B side Empoli for Boro in the summer of 2002, for a massive £8.2m, but has struggled in England.

The former Under-21 starlet has only netted 16 goals in 64 games for the Premiership outfit.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Gila dreaming of Euro glory

Milan’s £17.2m signing Alberto Gilardino has spoken of his hopes for the future after he was officially presented to the media.

The Italian international completed his switch from Parma on Monday night and is confident he’s made the right choice.

"Moving here was a dream for me and an objective of mine since last year. I want to win here, especially the Champions’ League," he stated.

"Milan were the only club who really wanted me even if they knew that other clubs were interested.

"There is everything here for me to improve and win. This is a unique side, the strongest in Europe and the one who wanted me the most."

Despite the club paying such a fee for the former Under-21 starlet, he isn’t totally sure of a starting shirt given that he joins Andriy Shevchenko, Christian Vieri and Pippo Inzaghi at the club.

"I know that there is great competition for places at all big clubs but I arrive here with humility and serenity," he added. "It will simply be up to the Coach to decide.

"But I am used to demonstrating my worth. It is obviously different to play for Milan rather than Parma.

"Last year our attack was only composed of me and Domenico Morfeo, whereas there are some great champions here. I’m just sure that I can score for Milan as I did at Parma."

Gilardino also revealed that former Milan great Marco Van Basten was one of his heroes as a child.

"I really admired Van Basten and Gabriel Batistuta, but when I was at Verona I liked Vieri and Inzaghi," he continued.

Meanwhile, Gilardino and Paolo Maldini will meet up with the rest of their teammates on Monday as they start their pre-season tour of America tomorrow.

Boss Carlo Ancelotti has named a 19-man squad but there is no Andriy Shevchenko following his recent minor surgery.

Squad - Goalkeepers: Fiori, Eleftheropoulos, Favaretto.

Defenders: Costacurta, Cafu, Kaladze, Marzoratti, Nesta, Simic, Stam, (plus Maldini).

Midfielders: Ambrosini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Vogel, Serginho.

Attackers: Ardemagni, Vieri, (plus Gilardino).

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Di Vaio opens Inter door

Valencia striker Marco Di Vaio says he is finally ready to join Inter after almost signing for them on two previous occasions in the past.

Inter boss Roberto Mancini has openly spoken of his admiration for Di Vaio as the Nerazzurri look to replace Christian Vieri, following his Milan move, in their squad.

"I’ve heard what Mancini has said and I’m flattered," the Lazio youth team product told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"I’m really proud of his esteem for me and have already nearly joined Inter in the past. (Fomer Inter tactician Hector) Cuper wanted me but I then went to Juventus.

"Last summer (Juve director general Luciano) Moggi and (Inter owner Massimo) Moratti agreed a swap deal with Vieri but then Juve signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic."

Di Vaio joined Valencia instead but did have his difficulties last term once Antonio Lopez replaced Claudio Ranieri on the bench.

"I do not need to escape from Valencia," added Di Vaio. "Lopez has left and my nightmare is over.

"I scored and he would simply replace me. But people always supported me during my disagreement with Lopez.

"Will I leave? If someone from Italy calls then yes I will. I could also go if Valencia decide they don’t want me anymore."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)