[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (61 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Spalletti is a good coach. I really respect him. Maybe Roma would be more of a challenge, and provide more resources, for him. But he would have at least qualified for the CL. Now he has to hope Roma wins the Coppa for any chance at European play.
Actually Roma don't need to win the Coppa Italia to get into Europe next season. They're guaranteed a Uefa Cup place because their opposition in the Coppa final (Inter) will be playing CL football next season. If Inter win the Coppa then the runners up (ie. Roma) would go into the Uefa Cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Ghana defender Sammy Kuffour has signed for Italian Serie A side Roma.

The 28-year-old centre-half was out of contract with German champions Bayern Munich for whom he made 175 Bundesliga appearances in 10 years.

Kuffour, who has signed a three-year contract with Roma reported to be worth two million euros per year, said he was looking forward to a new experience in Italy.

"I am very happy to be here, to play in a city where the public are so passionate about football alongside great players such as Francesco Totti," he said.

"I refused other offers to come here, some financially more lucrative, because I still have a great desire to win things."

Kuffour was one of Bayern's longest-serving players but since Felix Magath arrived as coach last summer he became a fringe player, losing his place in the starting line-up to Brazilian World Cup winner Lucio.

Kuffour provided the most enduring image of the dramatic 1999 Champions League final in Barcelona when Manchester United beat Bayern by scoring twice in stoppage time.

When the final whistle blew, the Ghanaian, who had defended impeccably, fell to his knees in tears, pounding the turf with his fist in despair.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
juve should have got him first , he is better than kovac
Honestly man, you need to watch more football. Kovac is a much better player than Kuffour, hence the reason the former was a first team regular for Bayern while the Ghanaian looked on enviously from the bench. I'd only consider taking Kuffour over Kovac because he's three years younger as when you compare their footballing ability Kovac comes out on top every time.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Di Vaio set for Palermo
Thursday 9 June, 2005

Palermo are hoping to convince Valencia to either sell or loan them Marco Di Vaio for the 2005-06 campaign.

New Rosaneri boss Gigi Del Neri is looking for an ideal strike partner for Luca Toni, in his 4-4-2 system, and Di Vaio is wanted.

The Sicilian club were chasing Atalanta’s Stephen Makinwa but he now looks likely to join Inter instead.

Di Vaio has thus become the club’s primary transfer objective, especially as he would seemingly welcome a return to Serie A.

The attacker joined Valencia from Juventus last summer but despite scoring 11 goals, he’s had his problems in La Liga.

Atletico Madrid are understood to have made a bid, but Di Vaio has admitted that an Italian switch may increase his chances of making the 2006 World Cup Finals.

Valencia look good to release him as they seem to be planning for the future without Di Vaio following the capture of Patrick Kluivert.

Meanwhile, the Stadio Barbera outfit are also being associated with Cagliari winger Antonio Langella and Chievo midfielder Franco Semioli.

channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)